Beer - canned, bottled, or served in the skull of the enemy

TalmudSperg

New Zealander & Agriculturalist
kiwifarms.net
I've heard there are flavorful and even semi sweet beers but, as you said I have to be into liquid bread to begin with. Ill keep that advice in mind!
lol i like your description, but beer hasn't quite been drinkable bread since the middle ages. trappist monks did a lot to advance brewing.
Beer used to be even higher in carbs, and full of fiber, to the point where bread was considered edible beer.
they were one and the same. but neither bread nor beer is made the same way anymore.

Turd Burglar

kiwifarms.net
Latest beer: Horny Goat Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter.

Verdict: Actually pretty good. Not my favorite, but was definitely worth a whirl and I don't regret it.
I love porters and stouts. Have you ever had Sweet Baby Jesus? I'm wondering if this Horny Goat is similar.

I think my all-time favorite is a tie between Pumking and Warlock. I really like Big Timber Porter out of West Virginia though, that shit is bomb.

Homoerotic Cougar-kun

Kill the meat, save the metal
kiwifarms.net
I love porters and stouts. Have you ever had Sweet Baby Jesus? I'm wondering if this Horny Goat is similar.

I think my all-time favorite is a tie between Pumking and Warlock. I really like Big Timber Porter out of West Virginia though, that shit is bomb.
I don't think I've ever had or seen SBJ but I've heard of it. The Horny Goat is not a fantastic porter but it's good and the chocolate peanut butter flavor works. For a craft beer it's not expensive, either. I mean, shit, I see 4 packs of Toppling Goliath Brewery's stuff selling for a little shy of 15 bucks. It's supposedly amazing but christ.

Jasonfan89

Ki ki ki ma ma ma
kiwifarms.net
Miller genuine draft on a bottle, it's probably Miller's best beer since it does kinda live up to its name of tasting like draft beer and beer general tastes better bottled.

Also i know it's kinda exceptional to admit, but I'm partial to high life, and not because of the taste but at 1.50 for a 32 ounce can where I live it's a bargain. also Budweiser and Coors either works but never that light shit.

AmarettoPie

Definitely not poisonous.
kiwifarms.net
Anyone enjoying any seasonal beers? Like Oktoberfest or pumpkin ales?
I would LOVE to be enjoying some Not Your Father's Mountain Ale, which I keep being told is seasonal, but that this is apparently not the season they stock it. Nor was summer. Nor spring. Nor winter.

If it isn't seasonal, the stores around here have been fucking with me all year long for no goddamn reason. Or maybe the 7,000 pounds of apples that were stolen were supposed to go to making this ale. Either way, I'm pissed.

Gentle George

Competitive nut-sucker
kiwifarms.net
imo you can't beat Guinness for a good stout that you can find anywhere you go

for anyone in the pacific northwest area and enjoy a good IPA keep a look out for Fresh Squeezed by Deschuttes or Space Dust.
tasty shit

Homoerotic Cougar-kun

kiwifarms.net
Today's beer: a honey ale aged in brandy barrels.

It's very nice, nowhere near as sweet as I thought it would be.

Anyone enjoying any seasonal beers? Like Oktoberfest or pumpkin ales?
Had a very good Marzen Oktoberfest beer not too long ago, trying to remember the brewery.

afternoon_tea

thank you Dr. Purr, very cool
kiwifarms.net
Tonight I got Black Chocolate stout from the Brooklyn brewing co. It's a pretty hefty Russian imperial stout, very dark chocolate flavor, pretty malty and you can definitely taste the high abv. I think this will be a big go to for me this winter. I think it would be really good for cellaring.

Homoerotic Cougar-kun

kiwifarms.net
So beers lately:

Old Chub Scotch Ale. Very nice. Brewery is Oskar Blues I think?
Fair State Pahlay. Not gonna bother with this again, it's a middle ground between most Hazy IPAs and regular IPAs and I barely like hazies.
Wasatch Devastator. Aw yiss.
Montucky Cold Snack. Pretty basic but beats Bud and Millercoors.
Waconia Raspberry Blonde. Nice, easy drinker.
Waconia Lunchbox. It's a fucking PBJ porter which is absurd, but it works.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Miller genuine draft on a bottle, it's probably Miller's best beer since it does kinda live up to its name of tasting like draft beer and beer general tastes better bottled.

Also i know it's kinda exceptional to admit, but I'm partial to high life, and not because of the taste but at 1.50 for a 32 ounce can where I live it's a bargain. also Budweiser and Coors either works but never that light shit.
High Life is my jam for when I want to be picky cunt about bottles but there's not much cheap shit at the 711 or whatever.

Tried the Corona Familiar 12 pack, 12oz bottles of the traditional big brown Corona. Kinda ehh, but I suspect it was an older batch. The normal Familiars have high turnover and brown bottles so it's a lot fresher than a lot of other stuff. Still big on those 32oz dudes, but a buddy invited people over for wrasslin and I wasn't quite sure if they'd be quite on the "here is your 32oz bottle" wavelength so I got the 12pack of normiesize instead.

TerribleIdeas™

Master of Cunt-Puppets
kiwifarms.net
I only drink beer that doesn't look like it's pre-processed, unless I'm out with friends, because we have very few non-hipster-dives that serve anything other than PBR, and other, similar urine-coloured attempts at beer.

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
so today i go 2 beers for cheap because they are just good for 2 more months.
the first one was Odin Trunk, never had honey beer before, but it was fine.
the other is Insel herb. looks very fancy, tastes good but it not better than jever or other not craft beer.
i dont know why it got 8 godl awards and why there is a beer awards show in london.

i have a classic in the fridge, Löwenbräu fasten beer.