Beer - canned, bottled, or served in the skull of the enemy

Homoerotic Cougar-kun

Daddy's got a new ride, kiddies.
kiwifarms.net
Lately I've been drinking a lot of Lagunitas Pils. Decently priced for a 12pack and has the snappy lemongrass-y saaz hop bite that a Czech style Pils should.
Fair State also makes an excellent Pilsner.

So recently I had a brewery rep explain to me that they have trouble selling Americans on any beer variety that implies bitterness in the name (see: ESB). They've created an ESB but they label it as an ESP (extra special pale) for this reason. I kind of gave him a quizzical look and asked him what he thought about the extreme popularity of super-bitter IPAs (see: Surly Furious), and he just sort of shrugged.

BanalEntropy

kiwifarms.net
I'm saying this here because I don't know where else this would go.
I was cleaning out my fridge and I found a can of my favorite brand (I switched to straight drinking rum some time ago) that I somehow missed and I'm so fucking happy? I actually gasped. This last can of Voodoo Ranger - Juicy Haze made my fucking day (night?).

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
FUCK YEAH I GOT TEN BUCKS IN THE MAIL FROM ASAHI BEER
there was some settlement over some shit and basically it was like "have you bought a can of Asahi beer in the past fifteen years"

Kornheiser

kiwifarms.net
FUCK YEAH I GOT TEN BUCKS IN THE MAIL FROM ASAHI BEER
there was some settlement over some shit and basically it was like "have you bought a can of Asahi beer in the past fifteen years"
What did they do? Did they piss in the beer or something?

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: XYZpdq

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What did they do? Did they piss in the beer or something?
I don't really clearly remember. Maybe something about labelling it as "from Japan" but not clarifying "the recipe is from Japan but it's brewed in the USA'" or something similarly stupid and nitpicky.
I remember it wasn't yucky like bugs or jizz.

thismanlies

Butcher Sacred Cows for they are Sacred.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Decided to make my own and failed. Still drank it anyway.

>Muntons Irish stout kit
>Dark malt
>Four pounds of cane sugar
>Two pounds of brown sugar
>White Labs San Diego Super Yeast

>Mix everything
>See bubbles in my air brake
>Go to bed
>Wake up and find foam pouring through air brake
>Fuck fuck fuck
>Assured this happens sometimes
>Week passes and foam no longer pouring through air brake
>Rack it
>Shit starts bubbling again
>Bubbling stops
>Add activation sugar
>Bottle beer
>Beer is sweet as fuck
>Call it the Port of Beers
>Shit's strong yo

Stoneheart

Well hung, and snow white tan
kiwifarms.net
I don't really clearly remember. Maybe something about labelling it as "from Japan" but not clarifying "the recipe is from Japan but it's brewed in the USA'" or something similarly stupid and nitpicky.
Did they call it beer while using corn and rice?

Salad_Dodger

Was molested by Repzion's dead gramps.
kiwifarms.net
Firstly, if it's not on tap my preference is bottled to cans. My go to is Stella, though I will have a Guiness on occasion. I'll drink whatever Sam Adams is on offer and I'm quite partial to a Shock Top with the optional orange wedge.

Stoneheart

Well hung, and snow white tan
kiwifarms.net
If you can suggest a cheaper alternative that's the same type (I know fuck all about the categories of beer), I will try it.
The same typ isnt so easy. its at the crossroad between northern and southern pils. try Becks or Grolsch for the more northern route or Krombacher for the more southern route