Ben & Jerry's sucks -

Constellationzero

kiwifarms.net
Haagen Daz did have stores at one time. When I was a kid in the 80s, I visited one in Louisiana. Pretty great stuff!

On another note...anyone remember the mid to late 80s Frozen Yogurt craze? There was a TCBY in my city. Haven't thought about it in years.

Reactions: Mesh Gear Fox

Big Nasty

ASSHOLE
kiwifarms.net
Haagen Daz did have stores at one time. When I was a kid in the 80s, I visited one in Louisiana. Pretty great stuff!

On another note...anyone remember the mid to late 80s Frozen Yogurt craze? There was a TCBY in my city. Haven't thought about it in years.
Around 2015 or so, there was a pretty big marketing push for frozen yogurt where I live, with shops opening in several mall locations. I doesn't seem like that went any further. Haven't seen if those shops are still operating.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I like Ben and Jerry's but I wish the ice cream didn't have as much nuts/chips/etc.

It's surprisingly hard to find Hagan Daz chocolate ice cream where I live because one brand has a pseudo monopoly and doesn't use high fat in the cream so the chocolate and strawberry flavors are really lacking.

I like Eddie's too

Jasonfan89

Ki ki ki ma ma ma
kiwifarms.net
Everyone saying Hagen Daz doesn't have stores there's one in the shopping mall I used to work at. O guess it's just a regional thing if no one else can find one.

• Agree
Reactions: Constellationzero

Constellationzero

kiwifarms.net
Dean's is actually my go-to. Also LOVE Blue Bunny's Cheeriffic Cheesecake. But Dean's does a fantastic Blueberry Cream Pie ice cream and Strawberrys and Cream.

Zamzz

kewl cat
kiwifarms.net
Ben & Jerry's is trash but dumb sheeple will continue to buy, in this case 15 year old teenage girls with cystic acne will consume it in droves then wonder why they keep breaking out. So they will continue to rake in the profits, I can't blame them. They're getting rich off of these dumb hoes everyday and I love to see it. I don't like ice cream that much anyway, it's way to sweet, if I ever fancy it I just get it in the summertime from one of the local small-scale farming family businesses, the quality is way better than the big brands anyway in my opinion.

JambledUpWords

Y’all are attracted to me, lez be real here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I like Ben and Jerry’s for these flavors:
  • Chunky Monkey
  • Sugar cookie
Besides that, I tend to get other ice cream brands. If I’m going to spend $4+ on a pint of ice cream, I’ll gravitate more towards these brands:
  • Talenti
    • Chocolate cherry
    • Eggnog
    • Pumpkin pie
    • Peanut butter chocolate
  • Museum of Ice Cream
    • The banana almond butter flavor
    • Piñata, which is vanilla, spicy mango, and raspberry sauce
  • Cool Haus
    • Strawberry Cheesecake
    • Bananas foster
Again, it depends on what flavors you want. If I’m craving cake batter ice cream, my go to is Coldstone. I have yet to see another brand make sugar cookie ice cream like Ben and Jerry’s does, so that’s why I keep buying it every once in a while.

Reactions: ATaxingWoman

Coelacanth

Your local living fossil.
kiwifarms.net
The last ice cream I had that knocked it out of the park was from the baskins robbins at the cinema I go to. Too bad I only usually go see one or two movies every year.

England doesn't really give a shit about quality either. Up until B&J went woke and released the DRUMF reskin of their pecan flavour they sold pints all day every day. Now people stick to the horrible supermarket owned brands. I can't stand them too be honest - they taste too much like chemicals to me.

• Feels
Reactions: JambledUpWords

Angry Shoes

Red Wire: Right Temple, Black Wire: Left Temple
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ben and Jerrys has too many things in their ice cream. Every flavor is 10 different seemingly random things all mixed together into one pint.

Otoyako609

Angel Enthusiast?
kiwifarms.net
Ice cream is ice cream.
Since i'm not a huge ice cream or even a sweets person I don't really pay attention to brands.
As long as strawberry exists we don't have a problem.

The pumpkin pie flavor B&J's have makes me very upset.
Not in the sense that I don't like it, more as in I hate everything about it but I eat it sometimes anyway,
The texture is awful, the taste is alright and the freezerburn is plentiful.
Even the small containers of the shit are hard to eat, 3 bites per session.
I don't understand how it's able to make me feel like this.

Martys_not_smarty

You don't know what hard times are daddy.
kiwifarms.net
Here's something to remember about Haagen, they pulled that shit other ice cream companies did a decade or so back to keep the prices the same and that's sneakily alter the packaging so you don't notice it's not a full pint unless you read the label or have a discerning eye (if you notice it against a pint it's more angled), Breyers did the same thing by slimming the sides and some other companies who made your standard tube half gallon would chop a little off the to make it 1.5qts.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I like Ben and Jerry’s for these flavors:
  • Chunky Monkey
  • Sugar cookie
Besides that, I tend to get other ice cream brands. If I’m going to spend $4+ on a pint of ice cream, I’ll gravitate more towards these brands:
  • Talenti
    • Chocolate cherry
    • Eggnog
    • Pumpkin pie
    • Peanut butter chocolate
  • Museum of Ice Cream
    • The banana almond butter flavor
    • Piñata, which is vanilla, spicy mango, and raspberry sauce
  • Cool Haus
    • Strawberry Cheesecake
    • Bananas foster
Again, it depends on what flavors you want. If I’m craving cake batter ice cream, my go to is Coldstone. I have yet to see another brand make sugar cookie ice cream like Ben and Jerry’s does, so that’s why I keep buying it every once in a while.
Yeah talenti is nice, and their containers are great for running through the dishwasher and reusing them for hold spice mixes you make like taco seasoning

• Informative
Reactions: JambledUpWords

CWCchange

ǝƃuɐɥɔƆMƆ
kiwifarms.net
Everyone saying Hagen Daz doesn't have stores there's one in the shopping mall I used to work at. O guess it's just a regional thing if no one else can find one.
Usually Haagen-Dazs ice cream shops are in the better shopping malls, but are franchised. I will tend to get H-D when it comes to packaged ice cream, but that's rare, and I'm more inclined to voluntarily get ripped off at their shops because the cones with chocolate and sprinkles are fucking amazing.

Mr. Skeltal

Calcium fortified at your own risk
kiwifarms.net
Americone Dream was one of my favorite Ben and Jerry's flavors.
Too bad Colbert is on the carton and thus limits my scoop count to one.

The factory tour is pretty nifty if you're every up Stowe way in Vermont. Aside from Cherry Garcia and a few others, most Ben and Jerry's flavors are kinda gimmicky and faddish; not too memorable.

• Winner
Reactions: Flaming Insignias
Tags
None