Best fucked up books -

Orange Rhymer

kiwifarms.net
I'm a fan of King, but I am aware of his rather glaring flaws, like his inability to make a good ending and his books becoming more meandering after his editors stopped giving a shit. When he's good, he can hit it out of the park; Misery is one of the best books he's ever written in my opinion (and incidentally the book is more fucked up than the movie, especially the hobbling scene). I do mostly agree with you that his humans are so much scarier than the monsters, which is probably why I'm drawn to books like Misery and The Shining (the parts involving Jack anyway).
Side Note: I used to think 'Misery' was a diatribe against fandom
Turns out the entire thing is a metaphor about cocaine and the effect on (Stephen King's) personality and drive to write.

Chichan

kiwifarms.net
Wasted:A Memoir of Anorexia and Bulimia by Marya Hornbacher its sad. It made me very uncomfortable the way she was describing how thin she was at points like Eugina Cooney thin like bones sticking out and how little she ate. It made me sad how a little girl could be so self conscious about herself she would yo yo from bulimia(binging and purging) to anorexia(starving herself or eating just carrots with mustard). The eating disorders weren't the only thing she would suffer from she also had a manic depressive disorder(bi-polar) which would exacerbate her eating disorder's. The book follows from her early childhood into adulthood and her life is a fuckin train wreck. Its not as bad as some of the stuff you guys have mentioned, but its pretty disturbing.

• Agree
Reactions: Oscar Wildean

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
For all the mention of Bret Easton Ellis in this thread, I haven't seen too much about Less Than Zero. The prose isn't, like, spectacular or anything, but it still had a realistic enough feel to it that it made the really fucked-up stuff in the latter part of the book that much worse.

I remember a friend handing me a copy of Lost Souls by Poppy Z. Brite in high school, encouraging me to read it. That one was pretty shocking; the gore, violence and incest is still pretty shocking today, though I remember the frequency and explicitness of the gay sex scenes was pretty extreme for the early 90's, as well.

I remember A Scanner Darkly really messing with my head for weeks after I read it, as did House of Leaves. Neither are really "shocking", per se, but they both made me think about some odd things afterward.

• Agree
Reactions: AnOminous

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I swear I mentioned Less Than Zero. I've read it twice when a friend gave me the old hardback copy. It's okay. It's overwhelmingly okay. A million times better than the film adaptation and it's something where I'd love to see a true film adaptation made of.

• Agree
Reactions: AnOminous

Distant Stare

Better to Rein in Kiwifarms than Serve on 4Chan
kiwifarms.net
“HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR HUMANS AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT FOR YOU. HATE. HATE.”
― Harlan Ellison, I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream

Attachments

Rice Is Ready

Was she a great big fat person?
kiwifarms.net
BSL102L01.jpg

Anyone ever read this? Been looking for the full version. It's basically about a change in government turning regular men into bandits who eventually come together and fight the tyrants. The thing I find interesting and makes me want to read it is the cannibalism and other things our heros do that makes them not seem so heroic after all.

It's also called The Water Margin and All Men are Brothers in different versions.

Shadfan666xxx000

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 990289

Anyone ever read this? Been looking for the full version. It's basically about a change in government turning regular men into bandits who eventually come together and fight the tyrants. The thing I find interesting and makes me want to read it is the cannibalism and other things our heros do that makes them not seem so heroic after all.

It's also called The Water Margin and All Men are Brothers in different versions.
I heard persona 5 took inspiration from it so I'd like more detail with its rerelease just now.

Liquid Cool

Radness in a Pouch
kiwifarms.net
I swear I mentioned Less Than Zero. I've read it twice when a friend gave me the old hardback copy. It's okay. It's overwhelmingly okay. A million times better than the film adaptation and it's something where I'd love to see a true film adaptation made of.
I like Less Than Zero a lot more than I should, but Rules of Attraction is his best novel.

Then Imperial Bedrooms killed off Less Than Zero.

• Agree
Reactions: BrunoMattei

Ubiquitous

kiwifarms.net
I wish I'd picked this one up when I saw it: "Tim" by Catherine McCullough, which according to the back, was about a 45-year-old single businesswoman forming a relationship with a mentally handicapped man who happened to have the body of a "Greek God". It was written in 1974 and apparently was a bit contraversial even then.

The premise, quite frankly sounds gross and exploitative but I can only see positive reviews for it so I think I've just had a knee-jerk reaction? Not sure how far it falls into 'fucked up' for anyone here who's actually read it.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: BrunoMattei

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Urs Allemann's Babyfucker. It's short. Pretty weird. About a guy who fucks babies. Probably. Yeah, it's one of those. Even so.
I found a PDF of this because I'm an asshole that prefers everything digital now. But I look at the Amazon page hoping there's a PDF I can pay for and the price is reasonable. Didn't see it but lo and behold a bunch of titles mentioned in this thread pop up in recommended:

kiwis.png

They're onto us.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino