Best fucked up books -

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

Fascist Ferret

reporting for duty
kiwifarms.net
The finale to Twilight. What the fuck was Stephanie Meyer THINKING? Yeah, okay, Jacob imprints on a five year old. Bella's child. SO GROSS.

This is not okay. I don't care if she's a vampire, it's g r o s s.

Go here to barf: https://twilightsaga.fandom.com/wiki/Jacob_Black_and_Renesmee_Cullen
Compared to the aforementioned recommendations, this is a bit tame haha but the grossest part to me is that this was marketed towards teenage girls. At least the more horrid shit wouldn't catch their eye. So your recommendation ends up being more disturbing in the real world

• Agree
Reactions: Hazard

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
Compared to the aforementioned recommendations, this is a bit tame haha but the grossest part to me is that this was marketed towards teenage girls. At least the more horrid shit wouldn't catch their eye. So your recommendation ends up being more disturbing in the real world
I think that, in general, romance in supernatural settings is a good source for creepy undertones due to the writer's romantic notion of love not aligning with realistic situations.

Fascist Ferret

reporting for duty
kiwifarms.net
I think that, in general, romance in supernatural settings is a good source for creepy undertones due to the writer's romantic notion of love not aligning with realistic situations.
I suppose that makes sense. The romance in those stories is never well matched or healthy, and they use the unhealthiness of the relationship as the story arch while also pretending that the relationship ship is valid and should be maintained because love. And then these teenage girls of course dont have experience in knowing and learn that love trumps all and you dont even have to enjoy dating the guy, blah blah (/rant).

• Agree
Reactions: Chan Fan

mochi

good grief
kiwifarms.net
This is probably a soft suggestion compared to the other books but I found Go Ask Alice to be pretty messed up in its own way.
Sex, drugs, and rape from the perspective of a 15 year old run away.
The book is supposed to be taken from a real diary but was later revealed to be a hoax.

Reactions: Radical 38

Beluga

Just a little white whale on the go
kiwifarms.net
I don’t want to spoil anything, but if you want a coldly cruel world of fiction whose gruesome contents are made redundant by its despair, this book makes for good a reading.
View attachment 1144583
Audio book here.
This may be an unpopular opinion but I couldn't stand this book. It's been at least 10 years since I read it but I thought the dialogues were so slow and boring, I didn't like the overall style of McCarthy's writing and the plot seemed to move so slowly, to the point where I forgot from time to time what had happened. But I may be wrong, I haven't read any of his other books and it just may be down to my tiny brain.

Radical 38

A Kiwi’s Feather.
kiwifarms.net
This may be an unpopular opinion but I couldn't stand this book. It's been at least 10 years since I read it but I thought the dialogues were so slow and boring, I didn't like the overall style of McCarthy's writing and the plot seemed to move so slowly, to the point where I forgot from time to time what had happened. But I may be wrong, I haven't read any of his other books and it just may be down to my tiny brain.
I think your approach to it is in err (but the book itself is definitely not perfect.) It’s supposed to be a slow burner that has you invested in the drudgery of the moment, where the characters scrap to survive and their thoughts are afterthoughts. There is no grand plot, because the world is gone. There isn’t any purple prose, because the narrator is a man who is declining physically and mentally as he clings on to his beloved son. It is a book circumscribed by the very nature of its empty, immoral world.

When living to see tomorrow isn’t a certainty and the world around you is like an ashen Pompeii, the only thing you have left are the mundane moments of the now. And that’s all The Road is, really. There is no past or future to it: Just hope, and a will to carry on.

cactus

Cactus Juice Connoisseur
kiwifarms.net
This is probably a soft suggestion compared to the other books but I found Go Ask Alice to be pretty messed up in its own way.
The book is supposed to be taken from a real diary but was later revealed to be a hoax.
It wasn't a hoax, it was a way to scare teenagers straight.

Ubiquitous

kiwifarms.net
Let The Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist. Now, I'll admit that I've only seen the film but if the content of that is anything to go by then the book is probably very fucked up.

Y2K Baby

The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The finale to Twilight. What the fuck was Stephanie Meyer THINKING? Yeah, okay, Jacob imprints on a five year old. Bella's child. SO GROSS.

Go here to barf: https://twilightsaga.fandom.com/wiki/Jacob_Black_and_Renesmee_Cullen
Roastie meter off the charts.
Brainlet.

• Dumb
Reactions: Safir

Fangsofjeff

♡ you are now breathing manually ♡
kiwifarms.net
Hoax books are always fun. I like the ones from the satanic panic era, back when it was hip for fundamentalist Christians to pretend they went through terrible things at the hand of Satanic cults. If memory serves, Satan's Underground has a scene where the Satanists throw newborn babies in boxes full of snakes. Or maybe it was grown women being locked in the snake boxes, I don't quite remember.
underground.png

I think the fact that they named their kid Renesmee is the most fucked up thing about that, tbh. That name is an abomination.

Y2K Baby

The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
back when it was hip for fundamentalist Christians to pretend they went through terrible things at the hand of Satanic cults. If memory serves, Satan's Underground has a scene where the Satanists throw newborn babies in boxes full of snakes. Or maybe it was grown women being locked in the snake boxes
Are you implying this doesn't still happen

Fangsofjeff

♡ you are now breathing manually ♡
kiwifarms.net
Are you implying this doesn't still happen
It was more common in the 1980's and 1990's. Even the police took that stuff seriously back then. If you have any recommendations for modern satanic panic books I'd be interested, though.

Tags
None