Best fucked up books -

Oscar Wildean

OK Corral
kiwifarms.net
According to the book, when Dave was taken away from his mom, she found another one of her children to treat like shit, the one who corroborated Dave's story. Given how Dave basically described his siblings as being so grateful they weren't the punching bags they just pretended he wasn't one until one of THEM got the same treatment, I'd lean towards him not making shit up.

Further, according to Dave's own account, his mother worked pretty hard to lie about things, and based on the incredibly detailed injuries described in the book (including a gut wound that should have left a noticeable scar), he's either an amazing liar or his mother should burn in Hell for her crimes.
One of his other brothers wrote a book about how their mother abused him years after Dave got out. So there is truth to it. Speaking of the abuse in the first book, WTF was up with his mom trapping him in the bathroom with bleach in the room? Or the part where she held his hand above a burning stove. Or the part where she took a dirty diaper and forced him to eat the shit in it.

Fareal

will definitely consider what you have said
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Elfriede Jelinek. Most people would say start with The Piano Teacher, which is simultaneously fucked up and also an incredible depiction of the inner emotional life of someone totally fucked up by her mom. But her best work is probably Wonderful, Wonderful Times, which is probably the best depiction of teenage loneliness and angst by any European writer. Amazing book. Much fucked up ness in a low key way.

The denouement of American Psycho makes the ultraviolence worth reading.

Lolita, for the most beautiful (and unsympathetic) description of the most horrible crime. Then go read Ada or Ardor and repeatedly remind yourself, this is incest. Pale Fire is the greatest longform format screw ever written.

Ryu Murakami's Audition. The book is much better than the film, and I really like the film.

No gore or ultraviolence whatsoever, but actually Tess of the D'Urbervilles. Tess is kind, loving and honest, and at every hand's turn, the most shitty and tragic things happen to her.

Spares by Michael Marshall Smith if you like scifi is a good option.

Watership Down if you want to traumatise children.

Its themes and motifs have become overfamiliar due to too many pop culture references and a questionable TV adaptation, but The Handmaid's Tale is still a shockingly powerful book alone.

Quicksand by Junichiro Tanizaki just gets nastier and nastier.

I suppose we have to stick Gravity's Rainbow here as well?

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Thanks guys, I’ve spent my night googling half the thread’s book titles and picked a few to go check out soon.

10/10 great thread
If you are going to check out Maldoror then I would highly recommend the Paul Knight translation:

https://www.amazon.com/Maldoror-Poems-Penguin-Classics-Lautreamont/dp/0140443428

There's multiple English translations and one done by Alexis Lykard which is far too literal with the text. So literal that it loses the poetry of the text. A good example is Baudelaire's immortal text The Flowers of Evil:

https://fleursdumal.org/

Every translation is different. The site I linked has every translation of every poem in the book including poems that were edited out due to censorship. A weak translation can ruin a book. Or a bad editor with an agenda can destroy someone's material and even happened to Bukowski:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/arts/poetry/bukowksis-poems-were-mangled-by-editors-after-his-death-now-you-can-read-his-originals

I would especially recommend Michael Gira's The Consumer. Which I think I linked this before:

https://www.scribd.com/doc/244958410/Michael-Gira-The-Consumer

• Informative
Reactions: Masta

Karl_der_Grosse

Forget your lust, for the rich man's gold
kiwifarms.net
A few years back my local library bought a lovely little book called Duet With The Devil. Basically the modern adventures of the Zodiac Killer, his band of incestuous murder-junkies, the detective chasing him, and a separate killer who has the essence of Zodiac fused with him. It lovingly and in great length describes every kind of torture, murder, deviant violent sex. I've got a strong stomach but this was just sick. There are no good guys, the detective is just as sick and perverted as the Zodiac.

The interesting thing is that there's actually some very clever concepts in the book. The writing is not bad either. The authors wrote this with one hand, though. Because the other hand was furiously masturbating, probably with a dead animal.

WinterMoonsLight

Tsar of the Internet
kiwifarms.net
Exquisite Corpse by Poppy Z. Brite is high up there. It's got your over the top killing and gore to satisfy gorehounds, but the book is just so bleak and nihilistic that you feel dirty after finishing it. I've only read a handful of novels that evoked that feeling, and this is one of them.

• Winner
Reactions: The 8 of Spades

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Exquisite Corpse by Poppy Z. Brite is high up there. It's got your over the top killing and gore to satisfy gorehounds, but the book is just so bleak and nihilistic that you feel dirty after finishing it. I've only read a handful of novels that evoked that feeling, and this is one of them.
She was one of the original splatter punks. Haven't heard her name in quite some time.

Reactions: WinterMoonsLight

Coleman Francis

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm surprised nobody else has said The Turner Diaries considering it's offended most of the public because of the story line and it's considered to be a white nationalist novel.
That book makes everyone very angry.
I actually enjoyed that book as a kind of anti-government, adventure novel that was quick and fun to read in one afternoon.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There's also Guillaume Apollinaire's The 11,000 Rods (get it?) which was early Surrealist erotica taking place during the Russo-Japanese war. Apollinaire is renowned for his poetry in France but his fiction has been neglected. The text recounts a group of libertines who partake in orgies, coprophagia, pedophilia, and orgies on the battlefield.

https://www.amazon.com/Eleven-Thousand-Rods-Guillaume-Apollinaire-ebook/dp/B005T1010Y

As an aside, I think Apollinaire's poetry is banal and forgettable. Apollinaire wrote one other erotic text Memoires of a Young Don Juan which is about a rich boy discovering his sexuality and fucking all the members of his family.

Then you have Georges Battaile's immortal The Story of the Eye. It isn't his best book but it's short and worth a look I think:

https://supervert.com/elibrary/georges-bataille/
I like to re-read my posts and threads to see if I fucked up and I fucked up by not including the PDF for Bataille's Story of the Eye.

Reactions: Marco Fucko

MAPK phosphatase

Cell Death Regulator
kiwifarms.net
I remember going to this college prep thing during highschool where a bunch of highschool students would live on-campus and take college level classes over the summer surrounding a specific topic. Some students took creative writing classes, and the professor assigned them The Road to read. She was then quite surprised when the short stories the students wrote after reading the novel were all dark and depressing.

Fucked up book: One Hundred Years of Solitude

It looses a lot of steam late in the book, when the author runs out of new ideas and just starts recycling. Then it feels more like a bad Aristocrats joke. But the book is chock full of incest, pedophilia, and a rotting baby corpse being eaten by ants. Very memorable.

• Informative
Reactions: BrunoMattei

JosephStalin

Vozhd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Presently reading The Crime And The Silence, by Anna Bikont. She investigates the massacre of about 1600 Jews by Poles in Jedwabne, Poland on 10 July 1941.

Poland had over three million Jews before WWII. Most died at the hands of the Nazis, but many at the hands of Poles. And there were pogroms against Jews after the war was over. Looks like there are maybe 10,000 now.

The author talks to people who were in Jedwabne at the time, including some of the men who participated in the massacre. She also goes to Israel, Costa Rica, and the USA to interview people.

What I find fucked up about this book is the sheer breadth and depth of anti-Semitism among many Poles, even nearly 75 years after the end of the war. The book is fascinating, yet appalling to read.

Another book I consider fucked up is French Children of the Holocaust, by Serge Klarsfeld. This is a big book, about 1800 pages. Has several thousand pictures of French Jewish children, as well as foreign Jewish children living in France, who were sent to concentration camps. Very few of these children returned. There's also a listing of all the deportation convoys, which stopped only in July 1944. Some of the stories are appalling to read.

There are also pictures of French police working hand-in-hand with the Germans to arrest Jews for deportation. The French police don't seem too broken up about what they are doing. And after the war, the vast majority of the French police and most of the Vichy collaborationist government went right back to work, as if nothing had happened. France as a nation could have greatly hampered the Germans' deportations, but they seemed to bend over backward to accommodate the Nazis - spread their legs wide open, just like a cheap whore.

• Informative
Reactions: Marco Fucko

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
There are also pictures of French police working hand-in-hand with the Germans to arrest Jews for deportation. The French police don't seem too broken up about what they are doing. And after the war, the vast majority of the French police and most of the Vichy collaborationist government went right back to work, as if nothing had happened. France as a nation could have greatly hampered the Germans' deportations, but they seemed to bend over backward to accommodate the Nazis - spread their legs wide open, just like a cheap whore.
That's the French for you. They're getting their karmic punishment by being overrun by Muslims from the worst shitholes in Africa, though, who share their anti-Semitism but about nothing else.

wellthathappened

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.
kiwifarms.net
Vurt by Jeff Noon.

Follow the tale of Scribble as he tries to find his sister that he's been fucking. He's lost her due to a hallucinogen that has sucked her into another dimension. Now he must rely on cyborgs and people who fuck dogs to find his lost sister.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino