Best Legend of Zelda game. -

Which Legend of Zelda game is best?

• The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

frozenrunner

In Thanksgiving casseroles everywhere. Add salt.
kiwifarms.net
I love or like all of the Zelda games except Zelda 2, so it's hard to choose. But Majora's Mask was such a refreshing change of pace for the series that I have to pick it. (I haven't finished Breath of the Wild, though.)

I thought I hated the concept of the repeated three days until I tried it and saw how brilliantly they executed the idea. The game was much darker and more bizarre than anything else in Zelda which I appreciated, and it was interesting how it took what you learned about the world in OoT and used that to subvert your expectations and create a nightmarish "mirror universe." All this from a game I thought was going to be a cheap reuse of assets.

In fact the only thing about MM I don't like is that it marked the first absence of a Kondo original soundtrack in a mainline Zelda game. MM's soundtrack is great, nevertheless.

tofu dog

goffic doggy
kiwifarms.net
This is a really difficult choice, but I went with OoT. Maybe I'm just nostalgic, but its place in the series was an important precedent for how they handled basically all of the following entries up until BotW (and even then, it's still somewhat formulaic once you get past the initial 400+ hours of awe and wonder.)

Then again, I really don't think I've ever truly disliked any of the games. OoT and MM hold a lot of nostalgia and emotion for me, and I thought TP was excellent as well. The whole series is very good at subtle references and call backs to the other games, which is a pretty good way to be, I think.

In regards to game play, though, I gotta give it to BotW. Link Between Worlds was also really fun

BillionBisonBucks

Soon will be worth five billion pounds
kiwifarms.net
Zelda 2 gets a bad rap. It's the most skill-based game in the series, and the additional mechanics make it the best 8-bit ARPG, bar none. It's also got a surprisingly coherent world, with things like unlockable shortcuts that make geographic sense, and NPCs that were (for the time) useful and interesting.

Objectively, there are superior games later on, but Adventure of Link has been near and dear to me my entire life.

Graffiti canvas

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
OoT > A Link to the Past > Breath of the Wild

Although it's a toss up between OoT and ALttP for me.

The amount of stuff they pulled off with SNESs capabilities for ALttP and the "correction" in gameplay style after NESs awkward entry of Zelda II really makes it shine for me in the series.

OoT was groundbreaking though and I enjoyed it more than Majora's Mask. As far as I'm concerned, OoT set the gameplay formula for the rest of the series, including BotW.

BotW is a damn fine game, easily the most fun I've had playing any game since I dove into the Dark Souls series for 6 months.

• Informative
Reactions: UnKillFill
Q

QB 290

kiwifarms.net
Minis cap is the one I enjoyed the most but I think the conventionally best zelda was spirit tracks. Breath of the wild gets the bronze medal because it is also fantastic

• Disagree
Reactions: UnKillFill
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino