Best of This is How You Don't Play's - What is the best TIHYDPs?

I'mPushingButtons

knuckledunker
kiwifarms.net
When it comes to DSP lore and TIHYDP's I am a filthy casual. What are some of the best videos to watch, what are the funniest moments and why should I spend time watching a fat man with a bad goatee play games poorly?

neural

It's like 6 milli ways to die my nigga choose one
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
His Resident Evil stuff is freaking hilarious! Code Veronica being my personal favorite..
Phil somehow manages to fight a boss with no weapons, it's a classic to behold

Also, one cannot neglect mentioning the classic MGS trilogy of TIHYDPs.

RIP_SANITY

I DID NOTHING WRONG DOOD
kiwifarms.net
I'm ordering them by the year of when the playthrough was made:
2008: Fallout 3 (Phil vs landmines...and the landmines won)
2009: Batman Arkham Asylum (Resident Evil 5 becomes hysterical towards the end, but otherwise not much happens) SF4 (SF4 series in general) Witcher 2, Borderlands 1
2010: Fallout New Vegas, Starcraft 2 (sadly, TIHYDP is down) Metroid Other M, Red Dead Redemption, Castlevania Lords of Shadow
2011: Dark Souls 1, MK9, Deus Ex 3 (sadly, TIHYDP is down, but the playthrough was atrociously bad) Dead Space 2 demo, Driver San Francisco, Jak 1, Sly Cooper, Portal 2, LA Noire
2012: MGS2 and 3, Spider-Man 2000, Black Mesa, GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas, Max Payne 3, Sleeping Dogs, the Megaman X marathon (specifically, X3, X5 and X6), Resident Evil 6, Bully, GTAIV, FIFA 12, Assassin's Creed 3 (apparently this one caused a fanbase meltdown) XCOM Enemy Unknown, Hitman Absolution, Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 NES, NES Batman, Madden 12
2013: MGS1, Rising, MGS4, Injustice 1, Demon's Souls, Devil May Cry 1 and 3, GTAV, Metroid Prime. Kingdom Hearts 1 had an infamous moment with Pandalee but IDK if it's that bad of a playthrough.
2014: Jak 2, Dark Souls 2, Resident Evil marathon (specifically, RE3, RE4 and CVX) , Portal 1, GTA VCS, Oddworld, The Evil Within, Shadow of Mordor, Halo 2 HD, Super Mario 3D Land, GTA V FPS
2015: Persona 4, Crash Bandicoot 1 and 2, MGSV, Bloodborne, MKX, Godfather 1
2016: Scarface, Persona 3 FES, Dead Rising 1, RE0, RE5 PS4, Forza Horizon 3, Dark Souls 3, Street Fighter V, Sonic 06, Conker's Bad Fur Day, GTA LCS
2017: Dark Souls Redemption Run, ARMS, Tekken 7, Injustice 2, Ultra SF2, Crash 3 and 1 HD, Friday the 13th, Persona 5

I'll probably go back and edit some for 2008-2011. There are several other underrated classics from that era, 100% sure.

Last edited:

Milktheturtle

Turtle raising cow
kiwifarms.net
His Resident Evil stuff is freaking hilarious! Code Veronica being my personal favorite..
Phil somehow manages to fight a boss with no weapons, it's a classic to behold

Also, one cannot neglect mentioning the classic MGS trilogy of TIHYDPs.
I agree for the Resident Evil stuff,it's hilarious and painful to watch especially when you played the games.With Dark Souls and MGS it's probably one of the series he's the worst at except for maybe RE7 because the game is relatively linear.

Last edited:

Corypheus

Totally not evil
kiwifarms.net
I know the Devil May Cry one was bad enough that the director of the game himself commented calling him a dumbass.
IMG_0150.PNG
I feel the need to point out that the shit that this guy puts out that isn't in Japanese or blocking people for dumb questions is a riot. Anyone who asks a Kotaku journalist if he eats shit is a good man in my book.

neural

It's like 6 milli ways to die my nigga choose one
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I agree for the Resident Evil stuff,it's hilarious and painful to watch especially when you played the games.With Dark Souls and MGS it's probably one of the series he's the worst at except for maybe RE7 because the game is relatively linear.
The classic REs are prime Phil material, since the chat cannot help him on how to conserve ammo etc. But he still sucked despite them telling him where to go.

I know the Devil May Cry one was bad enough that the director of the game himself commented calling him a dumbass.
View attachment 302317
I feel the need to point out that the shit that this guy puts out that isn't in Japanese or blocking people for dumb questions is a riot. Anyone who asks a Kotaku journalist if he eats shit is a good man in my book.
Kamiya is a legend, pure & simple.

That, and I need to watch that DMC TIHYDP.

twattycake

kiwifarms.net
I'd also recommend TIHYDP Shadow of Mordor and X-COM Enemy Unknown. Phil's own idiocy makes the games way harder than they're supposed to be, and he just keeps digging himself deeper as they progress. They also go for humor over a-logging Phil, which is more fun imo.

gandheesling

beg to the extreme
kiwifarms.net
Forza Horizon 3 is a fantastic one from last year with great production values by cerulean 'skeletons' 86. It's long at 3 and a half hours but it's fairly warranted, keeps track of every tree he rams into (a lot).
Seconding Shadow of Mordor too for the amazing feud with DSP's party pooper Ukbuk the Black.

tripmix

kiwifarms.net
I kind of liked the the forza horizon and GTA 3 tihydp.

I know EvilAJ wanted his tihydp's to also show phil all the comments on the videos as well but I prefer the ones where its just phil failing at games no comments, no good idea / bad idea stuff.

And that tekken 7 TIHYDP has some of the best editing out of them all.

Frau Grimhild did tihydps that aren't even of phil. (And some phil ones to)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbFprIFVm9w&list=PLdYBTHuvzRSybuc_dSE9kKiomrybSve0z [non phil tihydps]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdM_HEfznrA&list=PLdYBTHuvzRSwlby4wptXlHf17AaPJk1Hn [dsp tihydps]

Reactions: fartsnstuf and Kona

Kona

?????
kiwifarms.net
Someone here already mentioned FIFA, but I think it's worth noting that his sports game coverage in general is absolute gold. Something about him is unable to comprehend that sometimes in team games a loss in inevitable.
This one's a personal favorite of mine just due to the raw anger he's able to output at a sports game. If you're impatient, I think everyone following Phil should at least watch the controller smash at 1:14:30

WhatNemesisMeans

But that's okay !
kiwifarms.net
The Metal Gear Solid 3 one is my absolute favorite. The game is everything Phil hates, and boy does it show. My favorite moments are when it took him ten minutes to understand how to equip a suppressor despite "Press triangle to equip suppressor" being written on his inventory screen in big bold letters, and when he tried to take on the final boss with a fucking sniper rifle at close quarters, with predictable results.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino