Best Schemes/Ways You Made Money in the Past -

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

Token Weeaboo

Honest people don't need to remember anything
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I found 40 dollars in the hallway at school. I spent it all on chewing gum and the Freshman were addicted to the stuff. I charged everyone who wanted a piece .50 a stick. I ended the school year making 500. Gotta love capitalism.

edit: Made it sound like my grammar skills are better than they actually are.

TylerRVG

I mostly just lurk.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not me, but I'm considering jacking his idea: I know a guy who makes a couple hundred every month writing and selling erotic literature, while hiding behind the online persona of a struggling female aspiring writer. The bare effort required is actually finishing some stories on a regular basis, but you don't even have to put much effort into actually writing well.
Because if there is anything to be learned from the huge success of Fifty Shades, and the continued success of all the copycat books that came after, as well as the pulp romance novels that have been around since long before; is that you should never underestimate a horny middle-aged woman's willingness to open her purse for smut.

No Exit

❤ Quackers for Corona-chan ❤
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Years ago I was playing Pokemon Crystal and my Totodile just evolved. I bet my brother $5 that it evolves at lvl 18 and he took the bet even though I was playing the game.
Easiest $5 I ever made.

I also found a green iPod nano in a ditch and then found $20 later while telling the story of how I found it.

Last edited:

melty

Proudly sponsored by Mike Bloomberg for president
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I once forgot to close a position on what I'd intended to be a day trade. When I noticed a week later I'd gotten lucky and made $600. Unfortunately, that was the best transaction I've ever had.
That reminds me of something I heard that some of the best performing investment accounts are ones where the owners forgot they existed or simply didn't pay attention to it for whatever reason, therefore didn't fuck with it/panic and ended up outperforming the average.

Dysnomia

DRUM HUT!
kiwifarms.net
Not me, but I'm considering jacking his idea: I know a guy who makes a couple hundred every month writing and selling erotic literature, while hiding behind the online persona of a struggling female aspiring writer. The bare effort required is actually finishing some stories on a regular basis, but you don't even have to put much effort into actually writing well.
Because if there is anything to be learned from the huge success of Fifty Shades, and the continued success of all the copycat books that came after, as well as the pulp romance novels that have been around since long before; is that you should never underestimate a horny middle-aged woman's willingness to open her purse for smut.
I have considered this too. I hate the genre so much though. But it can't be that hard to copy the basic formula. It certainly isn't what I want to write. But no one wants weird sci fi type stuff from a woman who isn't going to make every protagonist a trans woman of color. I like classic stuff from old magazines.

Does he do Kindle books? I know many people have jumped on the kindle bandwagon.

ScamL Likely

IT'S! NOT! EVEN! HOT! OUT! SIDE~!
kiwifarms.net
I have considered this too. I hate the genre so much though. But it can't be that hard to copy the basic formula. It certainly isn't what I want to write. But no one wants weird sci fi type stuff from a woman who isn't going to make every protagonist a trans woman of color. I like classic stuff from old magazines.

Does he do Kindle books? I know many people have jumped on the kindle bandwagon.
It's a racket but it takes a lot more work than you'd think. There's a whole system these sorts of guys follow to crank out these kinds of kindle books. You won't get as rich as you'd think you might because there are plenty of other guys on amazon who had and ran with the same idea and it'll be more like a full-time job than it seems like it should be.

edboy

I love you
kiwifarms.net
Don't want to power level, but I restore 'old' items both as a business and as a hobby. I bought a particular item for like $100, fixed it up a bit, and listed it for $500 to just to see if anyone would buy it. Had a shit load of people get interested and I sold it almost instantly.

Also a buddy of mine used to collect movie props and gave me a piece of fake skin from a certain old horror movie that he had no use for. I cut it up into little pieces, put them in dollar store frames, and sold them for $40 each. I made like $600 from that.

Tags
None