Best Schemes/Ways You Made Money in the Past -

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

Coolio55

DON'T CALL LUIGI AT 3AM!! *OMG HE RICKROLLED ME*
kiwifarms.net
Instead of constantly buying the latest media even though it's long since been established that most of it is going to be shit I sit and wait for the user reviews to see if it's worth a pop.
None of my co-workers seem to get it and they blow tons on crap just because it's new. Sometimes the classics can't be beat!
(Obviously this is a method of CONSERVING money but it's scary how many people I've met who do this)

• Feels
Reactions: Maiseisinthetea
Bought multiple AR-15 parts kits for a total of $380 because Black Friday sales and being a shifty fuck. Assemble, resold to boomers around Christmas for like $500. Made a good chunk of change from that. That I immediately used to buy other guns "to expand my collection".

Bought beeswax by the #50 pound brick. Broke it into 1 ounce pads, sold for $1 each.

Met a guy who sold clean 55 gallon drums for $15, and 225 gallon water tanks for $25. Had a whole massive lot of them. Drove them over a state, resold for $40 and $150 respectively.

Buy government lots of old police laptops. $40 for a pallet, sold them for $20 each. Defective batteries means they must always be plugged in, but a laptop is a laptop, and they were ruggedized to the point you could take a hammer to them. Gave them away to the homeless guys around town a bit.

Go to your local park. Cut and gather some forked branches. Go to Goodwill, if you're lucky like I was, they will have exercise rubber bands for $3 a package. Buy a ton. Go to "The Slingshot Channel" YouTube with the massive German guy. Plop down and make a shit ton of slingshots. A bucketful. Go to a high income - low homeless area. Sit by the road, sell slingshots for $10 a pop. Or more. People will tip too. Rediculous money, low self respect.

Buying legal weed and selling in illegal states is how a lot of the higher class dirt poor like me make side cash these days. Never dipped my toes into it, don't wanna risk the future for short term gain.

Wildfire work will always be king of you've got a good body and a summer to spare. Gotta have pretty big balls if you're in a hot action area.

Will edit when I remember more of my misadventures.

Edit: Bones. Any way you can get them. Suburbia fucks go crazy for bones, I have no idea why. Go down to your local small farms and whatnot, offer em cash for pig bones, cow bones, especially skulls. Bathe them in hydrogen peroxide, which you can get in gallons from vetrenary supply places. Toss them on Craigslist, city people will pay $30 for a goat femur I traded the equivalent of $2 for. Rediculous.

Last edited:

SmileyTimeDayCare

This is pleasure!
kiwifarms.net
Other than scam those old activity tracking websites in high school I built webpages for people for a few bucks each and I would charge them to update them. I was running the webpage for my dad's company at the time so I just put them all on that server. I was making like 200 a month for what was copy & paste HTML and really shitty pictures.

I had the idea to put them all together and implement basic messaging but I didn't have the knowledge to do that back in those days. Ah well...

nagant 1895

kiwifarms.net
I never lost interest in writing code and building vocabulary and phrase libraries for those old AOL chat bot programs but they always sucked at carrying on a conversation. Lucky for me twitter and insta came around where people tag the keywords themselves and the idea of a conversation is a joke. I now run a small home server that manages about 4000-5000 bot accounts, each with their own interests, schedules and social circle. I rent them out to "influencers" and desperate PR women for small bills and sell likes for small change.
There's a lot that goes into making them look human so I'm not sure i made even minimum wage doing it but I found it a fun challenge and plus I fucking hate social media so anything I can do to shit it up for everyone else is a plus.

Also when grandpa died he wanted us to plant pecan trees on his land. They finally matured about 7 years ago and on the years when I can be assed to get out there and harvest them It's a sweet extra grand or so for christmas shopping.

W00K #17

Boy Man God Shiiiit
kiwifarms.net
In my much much younger years I sold drugs. Also when following phish we sold everything in the lot, food, shirts/bootleg merch, beers, drugs, cigs that were bought in a cheaper state, etc. Just anything we could make a buck on to make gas money to get to the next show.

For several years I used to have a wholesale bait dealers license, I would net and trap creek chubs, sunfish, willow cats, shiners, shad etc. and sell them to the local bait shops. I'd also set up 55 gallon barrels with aerators and sold them out of my garage. I even had a number people would call and I would actually deliver bait to people already on the lake or out at their spots, for an exorbitantly increased rate. This wasnt anything you'd get rich on, just something I did for extra cash back in the day.

Local Coyote

Hey man, got any cats?
kiwifarms.net
In high school I charged students to Photoshop their photos for Facebook. Fixing lighting, editing out acne, basic little things they would have learned themselves if they took photography. Which sometimes I assistant taught since I was a little more proficient in Photoshop than the teacher.

In college I charged students to proofread their essays, price went up the longer the essay was and how detailed you wanted corrections. I also tutored in essay writing. Never wrote them for people since I have pesky morals. Wasn't making bank but it was extra grocery money.

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I got first dibs on the contents of an abandoned office unit, so I made an inventory of all the functional appliances and furniture and sold it off at clearance pricing. I understand people do the same thing with abandoned storage units and make a lot of money that way, though it is a bit of a crapshoot since you never know what you will find.

Dumb Bitch Smoothie

Any time now, faggots.
kiwifarms.net
Looking through thrift stores and yard sales for old Power Rangers and similar series toys/merch/etc and reselling via Facebook. 80s-early 2000s toys go for a ton.

People buy parts only too, if you can identify what it goes to. I've made a couple grand off of reselling random shit. It's time consuming to search for stuff but in the process you can find other stuff to turn around and sell. Since we're all various degrees of spergy here, learning about what sells and what counts as collectibles is handy knowledge.

Non toy/merch stuff I've found: Kentucky Derby limited edition julep glasses, bought for $3 each and sold for $65 each. Hallmark Christmas ornaments, vintage clothing, kitchenware, books and DVDs/videos. Seriously, just browse yard sales and thrift stores frequently. Especially the religious thrift stores because they've got zero clue whereas stores like Savers and Goodwill have begun to catch on.

nagant 1895

kiwifarms.net
Looking through thrift stores and yard sales for old Power Rangers and similar series toys/merch/etc and reselling via Facebook. 80s-early 2000s toys go for a ton.

People buy parts only too, if you can identify what it goes to. I've made a couple grand off of reselling random shit. It's time consuming to search for stuff but in the process you can find other stuff to turn around and sell. Since we're all various degrees of spergy here, learning about what sells and what counts as collectibles is handy knowledge.

Non toy/merch stuff I've found: Kentucky Derby limited edition julep glasses, bought for $3 each and sold for $65 each. Hallmark Christmas ornaments, vintage clothing, kitchenware, books and DVDs/videos. Seriously, just browse yard sales and thrift stores frequently. Especially the religious thrift stores because they've got zero clue whereas stores like Savers and Goodwill have begun to catch on.
I've done a similar thing with Legos. People will often sell whole bins of them on the cheap at yard sales and flea markets so if you have the time and energy to sort them you can make good money by putting them on brickfinder. as a bonus you can make some autistic adult happy.

Gingervitis

kiwifarms.net
My best business decision involved coming here and taking notes.
Not me, but I'm considering jacking his idea: I know a guy who makes a couple hundred every month writing and selling erotic literature, while hiding behind the online persona of a struggling female aspiring writer. The bare effort required is actually finishing some stories on a regular basis, but you don't even have to put much effort into actually writing well.
Because if there is anything to be learned from the huge success of Fifty Shades, and the continued success of all the copycat books that came after, as well as the pulp romance novels that have been around since long before; is that you should never underestimate a horny middle-aged woman's willingness to open her purse for smut.
I especially liked the erotica idea, and I would even expand my skills a bit and pander to people with a fetish for catfights in addition to normal erotica. People with niche fetishes will pay a lot for things that pander to them.
Exhibit A: https://www.deviantart.com/pyramidofwomen/

• Agree
Reactions: spiritofamermaid

Token Weeaboo

Honest people don't need to remember anything
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I especially liked the erotica idea, and I would even expand my skills a bit and pander to people with a fetish for catfights in addition to normal erotica. People with niche fetishes will pay a lot for things that pander to them.
Exhibit A: https://www.deviantart.com/pyramidofwomen/
I actually know someone who's making about 5k a month just drawing for furies. In an artistic appreciation standpoint, they're really great at drawing. Though I wouldn't have the balls to draw the... "creative and detailed" things their patron asks for.

but, hey, I'd also play the market if it means getting a shit ton of money. Look at what Belle Delphine did selling her bath water. I wouldn't mind making some 30 grand just selling water I sat in.

nagant 1895

kiwifarms.net
Whenever a big playoff season is coming up (march madness, NFL playoffs, world cup) I pass around blank brackets at work and charge 5, 10 or 20 dollars depending on what I think I can get. Everybody has fun, 3 people win money and I take 10%. some times I'll get a couple of hundred which back when I start doing it in highschool was a good chunk of money.

Reactions: IAmNotAlpharius

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
In high school this one redneck finally got a PS2 (this was around 2010) and he was no good at vidya so sometimes he'd pay me to beat levels on certain games. These weren't even hard games, like he paid me 5 bucks per level to beat a few of the later levels in the Ratchet and Clank games, shit I beat ages ago (occasionally with great frustration though) when I was in fifth grade. I think I made at least 30 bucks off him that year and my parents got mad at me because they thought I was ripping him off (even though he was the one who offered me money). Easiest money I've ever made.
I’ve found a lot of success in editing screenplays and novels. I mostly do it for free but the people who do pay usually pay well. Getting to read someone else’s stuff is it’s own reward really though.
How do you break into that market? Live in Commiefornia and hang out where struggling artist types do?

Tags
None