Best Schemes/Ways You Made Money in the Past -

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

Oglooger

God isn't dead!BUT I'LL GET THAT BASTARD SOME DAY!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
When my dad was a little kid, he would climb into the newspaper booths, pretend that he's panicking since his older brothers stuffed him in there and while pedestrians would try and get him out by putting quarters, he would keep the door closed under the guise of panic and collect the quarters.
He would then use the money to buy 5cent chewing gum and sell it to kids at school for 15 cents.

melty

Proudly sponsored by Mike Bloomberg for president
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Betting on elections seems to have net me a tidy sum of pocket money since 2015. People always seem to miss what John Everyman wants and get it wrong.
Where do you bet on elections?

L50LasPak

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
kiwifarms.net
My Dad used to buy cheapass awful wallhanger decorative swords and knives and sell them to his trailer trash neighbors for double or even tirple what it cost him.

They'd be stoned as fuck and be like "Dude, that's so cool, I'll give you $40 for it!" for an object he purchased for $10-$20.

Short version: find exceptional people to sell to.

Best side hustle I've ever had was antiques sales/picking. Even on limited dime and time I was able to turn a 500 investment in to 1k and that's including losses. It's good if you can program it into your week, I know a lot of people who make good money doing wheeling and dealing, but they worked at it regularly, where as I'm more of a passive re-seller.

The three biggest limitations were.

a) I'm not knowledgeable when it comes to repairs, so that cuts into the margin especially when buying things like old silver watches. The Chinese further tanked that market, so essentially it cut the margins too low. Also meant taking a punt on things I thought I could sell, but wouldn't mean a lot if packaging costs.

b) The sales platforms I was using Ebay essentially nickles and dimes you to death now, because it wants to be the commercial wing of Ali-Baba and killed most of it's antiques trades off by added costs, that with paypal also leveraging charges. I'm sure there are better sites now, like Etsy soaking up the antiques traders of yore.

c) Time to invest in finding a market and also the act of buying and selling with a limited amounts of storage space. This meant I couldn't take a punt on furniture, had to keep it down to small items. Books is very specialized and a small margin of profit, which is why I focus on collectibles, jewelry, knick knacks.

That said it was always fun, so I might look at getting back into it for the new year.

Sug Benis

It's hip to fuck clones
kiwifarms.net
Had a friend back in the day who always chose the most off the wall parties to go to. Never even been a partier myself, but I'd go along just to sell shit to the partygoers. Mostly cigarettes, lotta people who don't normally smoke do when they're drunk/high.

Near the end of the night got profitable as shit because people would often get so high you could sell their own shit they left on the table back to them. Stayed sober so no problem slipping out if the cops showed up, and didn't carry anything actually illegal myself so there was no risk getting stopped on the way to or from.

Would walk out with half a grand to a thousand nearly every time, and tried to put that into legitmate moneymaking, which usually didn't pan out. Invested a huge chunk right before the 2008 housing crisis, for example.

Letthepowerofgoutcompelyo

In conclusion, hoes mad
kiwifarms.net
Focus groups. Since I'm obsessed with nicotine I made bank when they were developing the vaping market awhile back and I'm the expert of chewing tobaccy, so when a new flavor is coming out I get a big fucking box of numbered cans to evaluate.
Skoal snus still tastes like toothpaste despite my feedback.

There was gonna be a big rebrand of the Blu disposables which I guess fell by the wayside because morons have died vaping black market cartridges.

Reactions: Freshly Baked Socks

chunkygoth

now with extra yee haw
kiwifarms.net
A friend of mine debit churns, which is like credit churning, but apparently less risky. He opens up new checking accounts that offer signup bonuses if you put X amount of money in from a direct deposit for Y number of months. For example, a bank may offer 400 bonus dollars if you deposit $1k a month for 3 months. The money does not have to stay in the account, it just has to be deposited. He diverts part of his paycheck to the bank to meet the deposit requirement and then moves the deposited money back to his regular bank account later that day. After 3 months, he gets the $400 and cancels the checking account after he reaches a period where he can cancel it with no late fee. Supposedly, most banks will let you sign up again in 6 months time. He has been doing this about 6 months with various accounts with different requirements ($1k a month for 3 months, $500 a month for 6 months, etc) and says he's made around $2000.

I don't quite believe there isn't a catch somewhere. I understand in credit churning, they offer good deals knowing that enough people will screw up to make it worthwhile. People will pay interest, get behind on a card, etc. He insists that for debit churning the bank is relying on is the inconvenience factor to discourage people from gaming the system. It does require some careful tracking to make sure you cancel as soon as you meet the requirement, and I guess he has to talk to Payroll frequently to split parts of his paycheck up.

He got another one of our friends to do it and that friend is less meticulous and sometimes cancels too early but even then the cancel fees are only $50 so he has still made a profit.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I don't quite believe there isn't a catch somewhere. I understand in credit churning, they offer good deals knowing that enough people will screw up to make it worthwhile. People will pay interest, get behind on a card, etc. He insists that for debit churning the bank is relying on is the inconvenience factor to discourage people from gaming the system. It does require some careful tracking to make sure you cancel as soon as you meet the requirement, and I guess he has to talk to Payroll frequently to split parts of his paycheck up.
There might not be a catch so much as that if enough people start exploiting a system like this, they eventually change it. It has to start costing them enough that they care about it. I've abused shit like this in the past and the gravy train generally eventually comes to an end. They can't do anything to you about it, you just eventually can't do it any more. They might eventually just put people who do this on a list.

For instance, I used to always just immediately switch to any phone provider that gave me free service, back when they used to do this without strings, and just had free phone service for a couple years back in the early days of flip phones. There used to be a number of hustles where for minimal effort you could get Internet free or almost free too. These are mostly closed now and I can't be bothered to answer the phone anyway.

Disheveled Human

Imagine Jerking off to Japanese mens art
kiwifarms.net
Sold Bootleg DVD's in china town during the summer of 2006 made around 5k in a month while I was in grade 10, cops didn't care much at first but near the end of summer started confinscating the DVD's so the scheme ran out of steam and I stopped doing it.

Picture is practically what i was doing except I had a make shift table made with crates and a piece of plywood with a cloth on it, when the cops were around I would fold up the cloth with the DVD's on it and carry it on my back like santa clause down a nearby allyway. Tourists were the best clients and kids films like Madagascar, Over the hedge and Happy feet were the best sellers.

DVDS.jpg

saisegeha

motel money buffet madness
kiwifarms.net
I set up a Redbubble Shop in 2014 for a Facebook fan page I had (sport niche) and it brought in around 1200-1500$ extra a month. Now it's been a few years, the shop still exists (page doesn't) and still brings in 190-210$ on a good month without doing anything for it.

Something else I can recommend is ClickBank and JVZoo. Not as affiliate marketer, but as vendor. It's incredible easy to throw something together (be it a simple desktop software), make a nice landing page and then have 20-30 Pajeets market your product the same week, or if you want to put in a bit extra effort contact some professional affiliates and give them a higher share than you give the Pajeets.

Don't have exact numbers in my head because it's been a while since I released the last product, but it brought in roughly 70K a year on average with 8-10 ongoing hours of extra work a week (to keep up with affiliate requests). It's definitely great side money if you have an otherwise comfy job that doesn't pay great but you don't really want to drop it because of work life balance.

Just don't fall for the "affiliate millionaire / dropship guru" shit.

???

International man (?) of mystery
kiwifarms.net
I set up a Redbubble Shop in 2014 for a Facebook fan page I had (sport niche) and it brought in around 1200-1500$ extra a month. Now it's been a few years, the shop still exists (page doesn't) and still brings in 190-210$ on a good month without doing anything for it.

Something else I can recommend is ClickBank and JVZoo. Not as affiliate marketer, but as vendor. It's incredible easy to throw something together (be it a simple desktop software), make a nice landing page and then have 20-30 Pajeets market your product the same week, or if you want to put in a bit extra effort contact some professional affiliates and give them a higher share than you give the Pajeets.

Don't have exact numbers in my head because it's been a while since I released the last product, but it brought in roughly 70K a year on average with 8-10 ongoing hours of extra work a week (to keep up with affiliate requests). It's definitely great side money if you have an otherwise comfy job that doesn't pay great but you don't really want to drop it because of work life balance.

Just don't fall for the "affiliate millionaire / dropship guru" shit.
What sort of products do people buy?

Tags
None