Better Call Saul -

Lensherr

kiwifarms.net
With the third season coming up soon (April 10 to be exact), let's discuss our thoughts on the show thus far and our expectations for the upcoming season.

Reactions: UnKillFill

Woodcutting bot

kiwifarms.net
Loved the show so far. My only pet peeve is that it's a prequel to breaking bad, so we already know a few characters that are guaranteed to survive the series unharmed.

I enjoyed the first season but I forgot to watch the second. Was it any good?
Better than the first IMO. A lot of Mikes backstory is uncovered, and Jimmy is coming to terms with the fact that he just can't be the good guy.

Karen Riley

Things Can be fixed, but broken hearts suffer
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
When I first started watching it, I thought Better Call Saul was too slow and boring but at the end of the first series and throughout all of the second series it really grew on me where I think I began to enjoy it even more than most of Breaking Bad.

I think the best thing is that it's overcame most of the fears myself and other people had about a Breaking Bad spinoff. That Saul Goodman was only worthy of being comic relief and in bigger doses wouldn't be engaging enough and that it would rely too much on references to Breaking Bad. All in all I think they've done a great job even if it doesn't grab the attention and hype the show that inspired it did.

Lensherr

kiwifarms.net
Loved the show so far. My only pet peeve is that it's a prequel to breaking bad, so we already know a few characters that are guaranteed to survive the series unharmed.
Which is why it's good that we have characters like Chuck, Kim, and Nacho whose fates we're unsure of.

I really liked the Season 3 premiere. I loved seeing Mike being such a smart bastard and the dynamic between Jimmy and Chuck is still great (particularly the scene where Jimmy discovers that old book they read as kids) and makes the show worth watching. But yeah, Vince Gilligan tends to start off slow with his shows but pays of in spectacular fashion, so I trust this'll go somewhere good.

Internet War Criminal

Making America Great Again, One Lift at the Time
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Am I the only one who wants to see Saul Goodman doing zany shit in court not this dragged out family stuff?
Last night was the first step toward that, you could see the synchronicity with him being disbarred and having to adopt the Saul persona, while Mike just got hooked up with a delicious chicken connect

Shit will go down and we'll have Saul by the end of the season. Guessing he chooses the name, or at least says 'It's all good, man" by the Finale

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
One of the things that's interesting about this show is watching people you know survive, because they end up in Breaking Bad.

This episode does the opposite, though. You know Saul's relationship with Kim doesn't survive, so the moments where she gratuitously supports him, without any thought of compensation for herself, are painfully poignant. Fuck you, Jimmy. How did you fuck this up?

We're going to find out.

Tags
None