Better Call Saul -

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So just watched episode 2.

Good God those smackheads doing crime purely for half price law counsel was hilarious. Especially the gnome theft.
Kim is so conflicted it's heartbreaking.
Loved Nacho doing Metal Gear Spic.
Nice to see Howard again, although I wonder if there's an ulterior motive for his lunch offer.
Lalo cooks again!
Was the fire indeed a prop?
Is the event Saul blames on Nacho up coming?
Mint chocolate chip? Saul is a man of culture.

Last edited:

Zaragoza

Love Saw It
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think Jeff from the present time is an undercover agent, he was way too pushy on getting Saul Goodman to say shit from his lawyer past. There is no way some guy from a fly over state would know who Saul Goodman is especially with a disguise like that.

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think Jeff from the present time is an undercover agent, he was way too pushy on getting Saul Goodman to say shit from his lawyer past. There is no way some guy from a fly over state would know who Saul Goodman is especially with a disguise like that.
He lived in Albuquerque at one point remember? He was the taxi driver too.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Draza

UnKillFill

Am I blue?
kiwifarms.net
Great episode, not even counting this... but I was super happy to see Hank and Gomey again, (especially pre-BB) Also, I'm betting that Kim is about to go down a *really* dark path...

Side note, are there any other Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2 fans, who recognized the dude Kim tried to get to move off his property as General Carville in that? It took me a hot second, but now I'm worrying about "Yuri's revenge" against Jimmy/Saul, lol.

Zaragoza

Love Saw It
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I forgot about Crazy 8's informant past, this was a great way of building up a character's past like that considering all this was mentioned in 1 or 2 scenes in BB. It's fascinating to think these characters would be regulated as minor side characters in BB while in BCS they're given fully fleshed out characters and motivations. I also gotta love how unintentional Saul was close to killing Nacho like that when he was first introduced to Lalo and he starts spilling the beans about how Nacho and Tuco are friends after that pesky incident between Hank and Tuco, too bad Lalo's hubris prevented what Saul was really saying and this was all Nacho's fault. Looking back all this shit happened because of Nacho, if it wasn't for him Walt wouldn't have gone down the road of being Heisenberg.

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
There's one stupid little thing I've been wondering about Nacho: when he's speaking Spanish, does he have an accent that's a little "off" compared to the normal New Mexican Hispano accent considering the actor, Michael Mando, is actually from Quebec (and even went to the same junior college in Montreal that I also attended, Dawson, though I was there a few years before he was)?

Schmeckel

Praise 'til you're hollow
kiwifarms.net
There's one stupid little thing I've been wondering about Nacho: when he's speaking Spanish, does he have an accent that's a little "off" compared to the normal New Mexican Hispano accent considering the actor, Michael Mando, is actually from Quebec (and even went to the same junior college in Montreal that I also attended, Dawson, though I was there a few years before he was)?
Nacho sounds a lot like most of the Chicanos I've been around. As far as the hardcore Spanish/Mexican accent goes, he's missing some stuff, but overall he sounds like someone who was born in the US, learned Spanish at home from mom and dad, but ultimately has English as the primary language. I imagine him as having to say "Como se dice...." a bit when trying to explain some things to major Spanish speakers because he doesn't have that major grasp on Spanish.

His Spanish is a lot better than some other more prominent characters in both series. Gus is pretty much Peggy Hill tier with his Spanish.

UnKillFill

Am I blue?
kiwifarms.net
AMC have been running these in-character tutorial videos with various characters from the show, similar to other video series they've made to promote the show in the past. They're pretty funny, and some are genuinely informative, also there are a lot of little in jokes. They're all worth seeing if you haven't already.
Mike teaches you how to make a pimento and cheese sandwich.
Nacho teaches you how to spot a counterfeit bill.
Lalo teaches you how to make a taco.
Saul teaches you how to tie a tie.
Gus teaches you how to look sharp. Razor sharp.
Howard teaches you how to nail a job interview.
Kim teaches you how to negotiate.
Saul teaches you how to get out of jury duty.
Howard, Saul, and Kim teach you how to be a good juror.

ClipBitch

kiwifarms.net
I'm never going to get what I want, am I? The entire show seems to be slowly building towards jimmy going full tilt scammer man but it's taking so long to get there that it will probably end right when he accepts his sleazy fate. I haven't watched the latest season yet but I doubt it's changed too much. I still love the show but I just want one season of him diving head-first into full on criminal shenanigans. I always assumed he had a long career of being sketchy and we've been building up to that point but maybe it kicks off right when he meets walt?

• Feels
Reactions: UnKillFill
I'm never going to get what I want, am I? The entire show seems to be slowly building towards jimmy going full tilt scammer man but it's taking so long to get there that it will probably end right when he accepts his sleazy fate. I haven't watched the latest season yet but I doubt it's changed too much. I still love the show but I just want one season of him diving head-first into full on criminal shenanigans. I always assumed he had a long career of being sketchy and we've been building up to that point but maybe it kicks off right when he meets walt?
I think that was the intention before they realized they had to marry it with "The Mike Show" and it sounds like we're not going to see him pull many shenanigans. In universe we're still 6 years away from Breaking Bad so within continuity it's not like he's mere moments away from Walt walking into his office, but considering that next year is supposed to be the last season and they're apparently really wanting to do a during/post Breaking Bad season, it looks like if we get anything as far as him honing his craft as a scumbag, it'll come in the form of those BRAVO VINCE GOULD montages.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Chester Rigby

Colonel Collateral

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWOe28nVAxo
kiwifarms.net
There's this advertisement about some video games or some shit that plays in the commercial breaks on AMC, wasn't paying much attention, but it has the same Jim Reeves song as the S5 trailer. Every time I see it I go back and watch the trailer because it's so well edited.
Name one TV show with better cinematography. ONE.
Ever since Chuck played Sicilienne at the beginning of Cobbler, I forgot about Breaking Bad and was engrossed in Better Call Saul. It's one of those shows where I don't care if I have to wait a week to watch the new episode, one of those shows where I appreciate the wait, to digest the content and speculate what might happen next.

Also, is this thread a general Breaking Bad/El Camino/BCS thread? If so the title should be changed to reflect that. I could write essays on this whole canon.

Tags
None