Better Call Saul -

UnKillFill

Am I blue?
kiwifarms.net
I hate that Hank and Gomey were once again my favorite part of this episode, because the entire thing was just spectacular.

Jesus Christ, I feel so bad for Lyle... He's just a fast food assistant manager, and he's already had to deal with a Mexican drug cartel more than once for reasons he'll probably never truly understand... He didn't sign up for this shit. That isn't even counting Gus making him literally work his fingers raw cleaning something that didn't need to be cleaned, again for reasons he'll never understand.

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I really didn't need to see Bob Odenkirk's arse.

And wrecking Howard's car with the bowling balls? Dick move.

I do wonder why Mike's been taken to Mexico...

I also wonder if Kim will be the harbinger of her own doom. The fact her alternative lot is apparently prone to flooding makes me think it's something to do with that.

• Agree
Reactions: sasazuka

Pope of Degeneracy

It's a lemon pirate
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Jesus Christ, I feel so bad for Lyle... He's just a fast food assistant manager, and he's already had to deal with a Mexican drug cartel more than once for reasons he'll probably never truly understand... He didn't sign up for this shit. That isn't even counting Gus making him literally work his fingers raw cleaning something that didn't need to be cleaned, again for reasons he'll never understand.
in that scene Gus reminded me of my old boss when I used to work retail. :(

UnKillFill

Am I blue?
kiwifarms.net
Was Lyle kept around as an alibi or was Gus just being a knob?
I hadn't considered it, but alibi seems reasonable to me. He would have probably needed one if things went wrong.

He was also in a situation he had no real control over (the thing with the DEA and the dead drops) so he could have just been exercising control over someone he did. That's how I read the scene.

It's especially jarring because every other time we've seen Gus interact with his employees (his Los Pollos Hermanos employees anyway) he's actually seemed like a genuinely good boss to me at least.
I've worked retail most of my life. Gus is the worst kind of boss, he is the one who will smile and pat you on the shoulder to your face then utterly shit on you the moment your back is turned.

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
So is the goat farm (I guess?) at the end of the episode a new location or is it some place we've seen before?

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
It's

Gus' doctors hideout

Thanks, I saw it when it aired but that was 7 or 8 years ago and I haven't rewatched it.

I figured it was probably in Mexico since Mexico scenes getting an extra yellow tint is a common cliche in TV shows and movies.

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Rich knows, Kim's fucking herself even after Jimmy said don't carry it on.
Still not sure what Howard's deal is.
Loved Saul using every dickish plot to slow down John DiMaggio.
And a noticeably quiet performance from Steven Ogg this week that lead to a pretty funny punchline.

UnKillFill

Am I blue?
kiwifarms.net
I'm glad this isn't the stereotypical "Kim wanted to stop, but Jimmy/Saul kept her in this whole thing." I like that Jimmy/Saul himself is trying to tell her to let this go, and she won't. It's a nice reversal of their usual dynamic, and very welcome to me. I still say this isn't going to end well for Kim...

Cooking Mama

Don't Worry, Mama Will Fix It
kiwifarms.net
Oh dammit I forgot the third season is on! Thank god I saw this thread and it reminded me. Brb gotta go catch up.

Cooking Mama

Don't Worry, Mama Will Fix It
kiwifarms.net
Third? Definitely catch up because the show has been great... But we're mid-way into Season 5.
Dear god I meant season 5, I’m a dumb ass and should not post while busy talking on the phone lmao. I think I said third because I was discussing what the third season of another show was going to be based around as my friend just binged the show over the weekend (castle rock if anyone is curious). (:_( Sorry about that!

NumberingYourState

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm glad this isn't the stereotypical "Kim wanted to stop, but Jimmy/Saul kept her in this whole thing." I like that Jimmy/Saul himself is trying to tell her to let this go, and she won't. It's a nice reversal of their usual dynamic, and very welcome to me. I still say this isn't going to end well for Kim...
It's very much inevitable to me that Jimmy will have a dog-turd flavored foot in mouth moment that'll push Kim away, much in the same way as Walter had towards his own family, except it will never (hopefully) go quite low like with how Walter did Hank. I really feel for Kim in this season.

• Agree
Reactions: Chester Rigby
Tags
None