Better Call Saul -

It's very much inevitable to me that Jimmy will have a dog-turd flavored foot in mouth moment that'll push Kim away, much in the same way as Walter had towards his own family, except it will never (hopefully) go quite low like with how Walter did Hank. I really feel for Kim in this season.
I feel like she's going to "Go Goodman" all on her own, fuck it up, and blame his indirect influence for it. Like when he was dangling the "You did everything you could and it's done and you tried... unless you consider this one other thing but hey want a beer?". Like her plotting whatever she was doing with Kevin before Rich Schweikart put her on blast for it. I feel like she's going to feel invincible because she's been so far, but not being as pro at it as Saul, fucks it up and is caught. I feel like thus far (and going into Breaking Bad) Jimmy has been too competent to all of a sudden just happen to fuck something up that ruins her career, so my money is on her getting too confident in her ability to fuck everyone else over unscathed and slipping up.

UnKillFill

Am I blue?
kiwifarms.net
It's very much inevitable to me that Jimmy will have a dog-turd flavored foot in mouth moment that'll push Kim away, much in the same way as Walter had towards his own family, except it will never (hopefully) go quite low like with how Walter did Hank.
I really... REALLY hope it isn't anything that obvious and predictable. I don't want Jimmy to be the one who ultimately fucks things up between them, because really, that's just boring, and I know Vince can tell a better story than that.

Also, Skyler was always an evil cunt. It didn't bother me much when Walt screwed her over, because she frankly deserved it. I would be mad if Jimmy hurt Kim though, because Kim's clearly still at least *trying* to be a good person.

I feel like she's going to "Go Goodman" all on her own, fuck it up, and blame his indirect influence for it. Like when he was dangling the "You did everything you could and it's done and you tried... unless you consider this one other thing but hey want a beer?". Like her plotting whatever she was doing with Kevin before Rich Schweikart put her on blast for it. I feel like she's going to feel invincible because she's been so far, but not being as pro at it as Saul, fucks it up and is caught. I feel like thus far (and going into Breaking Bad) Jimmy has been too competent to all of a sudden just happen to fuck something up that ruins her career, so my money is on her getting too confident in her ability to fuck everyone else over unscathed and slipping up.
This is a much more fun story than simply "Jimmy got too evil so she left him." Kudos.

UnKillFill

Am I blue?
kiwifarms.net
I know he's had them for a while now, but they never get any love and they deserve it.. I love Love LOVE Saul's a/v team. (The camera guy, the sound guy and the makeup chick.) It's a bummer he clearly fired them by the Breaking Bad timeline (Because their work in BCS is clearly *way* better than the commercials Saul was using by Breaking Bad...)

Rich Schweikart is a good boss. Better than any I've ever had in fact, and he doesn't deserve this shit.
Howard also doesn't really deserve the shit he's getting from Jimmy, but it's still fun to watch him get it, because he is also still a douche.

Wow what a cock-tease, there was no actual court case in "Wexler v. Goodman"... I'm actually pissed off because I'll need to re-watch this episode tomorrow to even get what Kim's original plan even was... I clearly misjudged it, because I thought it went off awithout a hitch until she flipped out on Jimmy... (Was it that Kim was willing to pay an absurd, but still reasonable amount out of her own pocket to Acker, but Jimmy raised the amount Acker was asking for to millions?) Ok yeah why did he do that without asking her? I clearly need to watch this episode again and I will. I've been drinking, namaste.

Pope of Degeneracy

It's a lemon pirate
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Kim: Either we go our separate ways or.............................maybe we get married?

Directed by M. Night Shyamalan

• Winner
Reactions: Chester Rigby

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Poor Kim, guess her childhood really was fucked up...
I really do love Saul's interactions with his film crew.
Ingenious blue green screen creation and a hilarious montage too.
Oh Saul, let it go.
So many plots going on involving Nacho, dude's fucked.
Good boss Rich.
Dave Clark? Is that a reference Mike?
Saul only takes the best clients I see!
Oh wow, Saul is just being a dick to Howard now.
I want to hear more about the story of the weird smell under that guy's porch now...
Mike is using police procedure against Lalo. This is legit fascinating.
Saul just fucked Kim over. He just had to push it that far.
Comic Sans! :story:
My bank was funding terrorism? :story: :story: :story:
Kim is pissed
Copyright infringement? Wow Saul's going nuclear here. Agent of fuckin' chaos!
Mike doing shit is just the best.
Oh hey, Smoke On The Water.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.
Oh fuck. Angry proposals!

Lensherr

kiwifarms.net
I know everybody’s worried about what’s gonna happen with Kim, but I’m just as worried about what’s gonna happen with Nacho. I love how the show has made you care about these characters that weren’t in Breaking Bad to the point where there’s just this pervasive feeling of dread hanging over the series as we wonder what their fates are gonna be. It’s what good prequels are able to do: you have no idea how things are going to resolve despite knowing at least partially how they do resolve.

So, will Jimmy actually accept Kim’s marriage proposal? If so, will they actually go through with it, and could that mean that they were married during the events of Breaking Bad but he kept it on the down low?

Also, this better be the year Rhea Seehorn finally gets an Emmy nomination. So many great performances from this series have been overlooked and it’s high time that the Emmys finally rectify that (I’ll never get over how Michael McKean was so blatantly snubbed).

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
I thought that it was going to be revealed later in the episode that Kim's mother died in a drunk driving accident on the way home but I'm glad they didn't do that as that would be too (classic) Degrassi a plot twist.

(Was it that Kim was willing to pay an absurd, but still reasonable amount out of her own pocket to Acker, but Jimmy raised the amount Acker was asking for to millions?)
I generally just assume that Jimmy/Saul knew that Mesa Verde wouldn't pay $4 million, it was just a feint so that a much smaller amount of money and letting Acker keep his house would seem a reasonable compromise in comparison.

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
I couldn't find a screencap from last night's episode of Nacho standing in front of his 1973 AMC Javelin AMX but I really liked how those shots were framed with almost perfectly symmetrical composition. Almost like a shot straight out of a Wes Anderson film except with 70% less "twee".

Here's a shot of the car from a different episode.

BetterCallSaul-1973_AMC_Javelin_AMX.jpg

It'd be nice if Greenlight Collectibles, which released 1/64 scale versions of several cars from Breaking Bad in their Greenlight Hollywood series, could also give the same treatment to cars from Better Call Saul. I'd love to have a small scale version of this Javelin AMX and I'd also want one of Jimmy's Suzuki Esteem (especially considering we had a Suzuki Esteem for a while although it was the hatchback version; it had the same dashboard as the one seen on the show).

I'm sticking to my theory that Kim's gonna get swept up into being a full-on supporter of Jimmy's shenanigans and end up taking something too far or not having a good enough plan to carry it out, and then nuke her career/cred that way and that'll end up breaking off her relationship with Jimmy. The
marriage twist
seemed like her trying to make a decision that she was either all in or completely out. My suspicion is she'll initially go full bore Goodman and end up regretting it, albeit because of something she herself fucked up on.

I also think Nacho lives and they'll introduce the plot element of the Robert Forester vacuum guy as a way to get him out alive. The actor is dead but luckily they got that one establishing shot of him talking to Saul when they did El Camino so he's been properly established in BCS (not like it really mattered, but still). Mike or Saul or someone (probably mike) might stumble across his services and we'll just see Nacho get into a 'pinto bean van' and that'll be that. Even if they don't go that angle I'd be more surprised to see him killed off than not given at least some vague happy(ish) ending.

UnKillFill

Am I blue?
kiwifarms.net
Ok, I rewatched last night's episode and I get why Kim is mad at Jimmy... I somehow missed the part where Kim said she wanted to back out of the plan *she herself* started (after Jimmy was already all in.) I get that. I even get what Jimmy was trying to do. He basically gave Kim everything she said she wanted, and did it in a way that gave her a way out in plausible deniability after she told him that she was worried about her boss knowing that she had conflicting interests. All of this makes sense. I even get why Kim had enough and would want to leave Jimmy, even though it's kind of her own fault...
But I guess you ladies are even crazier than I gave you credit for haah, because what I *don't* get is Kim's marriage proposal >_<

Also Nacho is so fucked.

iRON-mAn

kiwifarms.net
I assume the marriage twist is about the plausible deniability that Saul was talking about. If she is his wife, she can't be forced to testify again him, right? She has to volunteer/agree to do so but can't be compelled to testify. So if they're married, he can tell her everything without worrying. . Although I don't see how it fixes her problem with Saul playing her. The plan only worked because she was in the dark. Even if they were married. he'd have to lie to pull it off.

In regards to Kim's ultimate fate, I like the idea of her digging her own figurative grave, but I can'T envision a scenario where Saul doesn't try to take the fall himself. This is a guy who basically learned law because he saw how she gushed over Chuck's legal knowledge. He's not just going to sit at the side and watch her go down. So how does her hubris bring her down without Saul implicating himself too?

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Copyright infringement? Wow Saul's going nuclear here. Agent of fuckin' chaos!
They had to throw in all that other shit because most people wouldn't know that the copyright infringement shit was the lowest and dirtiest he could actually get.

I assume the marriage twist is about the plausible deniability that Saul was talking about. If she is his wife, she can't be forced to testify again him, right? She has to volunteer/agree to do so but can't be compelled to testify. So if they're married, he can tell her everything without worrying. .
The New Mexico spousal privilege rule only protects communications during the marriage. Actually, it doesn't even protect those any more because New Mexico abolished it last year, but that wouldn't apply to when the show is.

iRON-mAn

kiwifarms.net
Rich gets some evidence and quietly gets Kim blacklisted?
Hmm, maybe. Rich seems too nice to go public with it though, but maybe he could force her resign and retire. And then she just blames Jimmy and moves away? Seems like a bit of a dry finish.

The New Mexico spousal privilege rule only protects communications during the marriage. Actually, it doesn't even protect those any more because New Mexico abolished it last year, but that wouldn't apply to when the show is.
Well, anything involving Kim in the show would be during the marriage presumably.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Hmm, maybe. Rich seems too nice to go public with it though, but maybe he could force her resign and retire. And then she just blames Jimmy and moves away? Seems like a bit of a dry finish.

Well, anything involving Kim in the show would be during the marriage presumably.
Huh? They're not married.

iRON-mAn

kiwifarms.net
Huh? They're not married.
Depends on his answer.

Although maybe I misunderstood, and you're saying that if they got married, Kim could be compelled to testify about knowledge about Saul's deal (that she came up with) because it's before any hypothetical nuptials?

That's probably true. I was more thinking ahead to the final season, when whatever happens to make Kim disappear would most likely happen during their marriage, if he says yes.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
We don't even know that happens, ever. And even if it did, what's happening now wouldn't be during it.

ProfDongs

kiwifarms.net
Brava Vince. Jimmy seems really torn up over everything hes doing right now between Howard, the case, and actually being honest with Kim. The scene with Howard was really good and watching Jimmy become unhinged was great. I usually found Gus not as interesting but watching him at the meeting and then destroying his restaurant were good parts, could just tell that some part of him was dying after. Lydia bringing up the prison shanking was also great.

The $7 million is gonna be very important and it can play out a lot of ways, a few I'm imagining are Nacho taking it and getting disappeared, or maybe even Kim just stealing it from Jimmy. Lalo isn't going to make bail somehow or another, I don't think he's gonna be killed or at least if he is it isn't gonna be until he's in prison. Kim has to leave Jimmy to kill that part of him and leave Saul as the only thing left, and its either her dying and him not being able to say anything because of the cartel or him destroying her career and her taking everything of his and running off with it. Kim running off with Jimmy's money seems like it would be the ultimate cap on the con game they collectively run and the irony of it would be great.

Tags
None