• "YOU PUT ME ON A SINKING SHIP."

Better Call Saul

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Lensherr, Mar 28, 2017.

1. I suspect Saul gets whatever he needs to set up his new practice, change his identity, whatever else he needs to do to be Saul Goodman from now on.

Kim will either be dead or permanently alienated.

He's pretty much full Saul at this point, even willing to torment one of his nice elderly clients who he even actually likes.

Also, even while he's suspended, he was basically practicing law without a license and with a giant conflict of interest. Hamlin was right he only gave a shit about himself in that deal. Jimmy was right that Hamlin was fucking over his clients, though. I'm not sure they kill Kim, though. They already had her crash her car and fuck up with a big client. Maybe she's just had it with all this and will move on. I don't think we see her much if at all after the end of this season, though.

AnOminous

AnOminous L'Héautontimorouménos
    True & Honest Fan Retired Staff

kiwifarms.net
  2. That makes zero sense. If he gets a settlement that large, no way he's going to go ahead and assume a new identity. Why would he start a practice under a completely legal name when he could easily be recognized as Saul Goodman by people who are really really pissed off at him and he wants to rub it in his brother's face that he can succeed on his own. Can't do that if you can't even tell him you are practicing. There's no way that a live Chuck would not turn him in on the spot and between using a fake identity etc... he'd be looking at serious time in jail.

Madrigal showed that they were able to create new identities and shit during the discussion with Mike, I think they are the ones who end up setting up Saul's new identity. It's not like he'd really know how to do that properly anyway he's a grifter/conman but he's not someone who has a knowledge of crime that's in depth he mostly just does that to fuck with people. It's not like he's doing it for the money, either.

I don't think him setting up 100% as Saul Goodman is going to happen while Charles and possibly the other partner are alive, and if it happens with the settlement money it's gonna be as a result of something going really wrong.

And that's probably most of next season

I don't know if you're reading that scene wrong. He seemed genuinely surprised when she started to cry.

Saul is an asshole now, and he's willing to fuck people over in order to get what's his. He's still far from the Saul from Breaking Bad who was fine with having someone killed and buried in the desert.

He's only gonna go that far after something pretty traumatic happens and he just goes 'fuck it'

Internet War Criminal

Internet War Criminal Making America Great Again, One Lift at the Time
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  3. Because we've seen Breaking Bad and we know he's called Saul Goodman by then?

He may not get a settlement that large but he gets something.

Yeah, he's good at doing that. He set the whole thing up so all the other old ladies would think she was cheating them out of a bunch of money they could get if she settled, to force the issue, so that they'd shun her, and cause her misery.

Why do you think he set up the bingo balls with that magnetic rigged shit to guarantee she'd win so he would have a chance to talk to her?

He wanted to get a private moment with her, to explain, empathetically, why all the other old ladies suddenly hated her. And then to give her the oh-so-honest advice that she should look into her heart to decide whether she wanted to be hated forever by her only friends, or to settle the case (which coincidentally gets Saul over a million bucks nearly immediately).

Goddamn you are a Pollyanna.

AnOminous

kiwifarms.net
  4. But he never really went legit. He was always cutting corners the whole way. Episode one he tries to scam his way into a big case. He jeopardized the entire Sandpiper case with his bus stunt, and it was only because Chuck knew the kinds of things Jimmy does and called him out that he salvaged that. He might have forged those documents for a good reason, but it was still a major felony that would have destroyed not just his career but any law firm he worked for. How long would it have been at HHM until he had another good reason to pull something like that? And with him turning back into a Con man, it took less than a year of having to scrape by and do some community service for him to start going Saul.

Maybe Saul the drug money laundering, murdering asshole wasnt what he would have become if Chuck didnt screw him over. But Saul the "Criminal" Lawyer was inevitable and Chuck was right for thinking it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  5. Chuck may be a dick, but he has a lifetime dealing with Jimmy and his bullshit, and he watched Jimmy rip off their dad until the point he destroyed the business by stealing from him. They're mirror images of each other.

My favorite in this current episode is Hamlin, though. He may be cold and reptilian, and have the sartorial sense of Gordon Gekko, but he's been right so far. I suspect he'll be central in the resolution of whatever happens next episode (the last of the season).

• Agree Agree x 1
    AnOminous

kiwifarms.net
  6. Loved that (literal) smash cut.

As for predictions for the finale, I still think Chuck will die (burning down his house or something). Don Hector will get enraged with Nacho's papi and have his stroke, maybe next season, Kim loses Gatwood and falls out with Paige because of it, she takes her own life and Jimmy finds her.

In the long term I can see HHM going under through the insurance thing, or maybe Chuck pulls off his litigation before death, and Jimmy gets everything being his sole living relative.

• Winner Winner x 1
    #66 CWCissey, Jun 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    CWCissey

CWCissey Charming Man
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  7. There is no way that Chuck is leaving Saul anything. And no way Kim is offing herself

Aww, thank you!

Internet War Criminal

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  8. Just occurred to me that maybe the pills Hector took in the last episode were actually the real ones. He might have just been lucky, but they worked after all.

We know that Gus wants to keep Hector around for awhile to torment him, so if he somehow knew about Nacho's plans, he would have likely intervened somehow.

Secondly it's also possible that Hector already knows that something's fishy about Nacho, and has already got himself some new pills while keeping silent about it. There were a few things that could have easily made Hector very suspicious that something was going on.

1. When Nacho dropped the money, it wasn't entirely convincing. For all we know, Hector has seen that trick before in the business many times.
    2. When Nacho switched the pills on his lap, there was a loud shake that Hector could have easily recognized
    3. The pill throw scene was in slow motion with no sound. The pills probably also made a noticeable shaking sound when they landed, but we never got to hear it
    4. Lastly, there was a possible witness. The cook in the kitchen could have easily seen the pill steal or toss, and could have told Hector whenever Nacho wasn't there

:optimistic:

kiwifarms.net
  9. Good theory, but remember that Jimmy screamed 'It was Ignacio!' when Walt and Jesse took him out to the desert in Breaking Bad?

I think the pills were what he was referencing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    CWCissey

CWCissey Charming Man
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  10. He might be referencing something entirely different. IIRC the two of them haven't crossed paths since early season 1, so Saul has no clue what's currently happening in Nacho's world.

We know that Hector eventually becomes wheelchair bound, and we know that Saul and Nacho are involved in something big at some point. I just hope that it isn't as straight forward as the pill plan.

kiwifarms.net
  11. Was that because he was already dead, though? "Blame the dead guy" is a very Saul thing to do.

AnOminous

kiwifarms.net
  12. Yeah that sounds more likely imo

Internet War Criminal

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  13. Possibly. We shall see.

CWCissey

CWCissey Charming Man
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  14. Being a long time Bob Odenkirk fan from the Mr. Show days, I dove in knowing I'd like it, and I do. Since I don't have cable, I'll have to wait for Netflix to get my next season kick.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Kevin Spencer

Kevin Spencer He's a chain smoking, alcoholic sociopath

kiwifarms.net

15. Playstation Vue's cheapest plan, which is less than $30 lets you on demand Better Call Saul's current season and even DVR it.

You could just sign up for the 4 day free trial, binge it, and cancel for free

TiggerNits

TiggerNits Fuck you, I work for Mel Brooks
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  16. I'll have to try that out, thanks for the heads up. :like:

Kevin Spencer

Kevin Spencer He's a chain smoking, alcoholic sociopath

kiwifarms.net
  17. All I can say is, damn.

• Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  18. I fucking knew it was The Conversation!

You'll know what I mean if you know that movie and know the scene.

AnOminous

kiwifarms.net
  19. so who else is hoping Chuck died

A Skeleton

A Skeleton Prepare for the end... the end of high prices!

kiwifarms.net
  20. Chuck has to die to advance the plot. That said, he's not actually worse than Jimmy. Most of the shit they've done to each other was Jimmy's fault. Jimmy robbed their dad to the point he went out of business and died himself, and Chuck has blamed him for that ever since. Still, he has to die. I'm not happy about it, but it has to happen. Michael McKean played the shit out of that role.

AnOminous

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

Founded as the CWCki Forums, and originally dedicated to Christian Weston Chandler, the Kiwi Farms is about eccentrics on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are fascinating for reasons distinct to each spectator. We document the phenomenon, with every member bringing different perspectives and opinions to discussion. It is this diversity which has caused our peculiar community to thrive.

• Affiliates

• Power our Autism

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.