Biden should pardon Trump -

The best and greatest

Staring into your soul
kiwifarms.net
Then the question becomes whether or not Trump was intentionally trying to incite violence that day.

At this point, I honestly think even he was surprised by the Capitol riots. Everyone was taken aback when it happened because nobody expected the MAGA crowd to do anything other than stand there and bitch and complain like they always do.

At the absolute most, people were expecting a few brawls between Antifa and Proud Boys but that's it. The crowd rioting in the Capitol shocked all of us.
I think they have him dead to rights, because if he wasnt trying to start a riot, why not step in when things get out of hand and call in the national guard? He did it before, he's clearly not shy about sweeping streets in the name of law and order. So what gives? Its almost like he wanted this to happen or something!

Or HEY! Why not show up like you said you were gonna and say something when things go south? Its almost like you had a reason to believe there'd be trouble and so decided not to show up despite saying you'd be there.

Just saying. Its awful convenient how just a brief summer ago the federal forces had a firm handle on the situation and didn't take shit in thier defence of some shitty church building but fast-forward to now and suddenly its just the capitol police in charge who are "Understaffed" and "under-resourced" and "Ill-prepared." Because things just work out that way I guess.

Last edited:

Considered HARMful

kiwifarms.net
I think they have him dead to rights, because if he wasnt trying to start a riot, why not step in when things get out of hand and call in the national guard? He did it before, he's clearly not shy about sweeping streets in the name of law and order. So what gives? Its almost like he wanted this to happen or something!
Reportedly, the riot started while he was giving the speech. Neither him not the people on the event knew that shit was hitting the fan at the very moment.

The best and greatest

Staring into your soul
kiwifarms.net
Reportedly, the riot started while he was giving the speech. Neither him not the people on the event knew that shit was hitting the fan at the very moment.
I dont recall that being the case but I'll look into it. That'd probably make a fair difference at least insofar as criminal prosecution is concerned.

That’s actually a really smart move and would go a long way towards unifying the country. If healing the country is the goal I think pardoning the boomers that rioted would be a better move because I think we’re all severely underestimating how much this movement has outgrown Trump at this point,

Whatever happened to pardoning Julian Assange and Edward Snowden?

trust the plan ww1glhfbbggrrlgbt++

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This would be the greatest unifying action since Lincoln provided amnesty to confederate generals. Further, this is one of the only moves that could reverse polarization and reduce tensions.

A pardon will legitimize Biden's presidency to Trump voters.. Biden will oversee a Democrat House and a Democrat Senate. Impeachment of Trump is going to spark a persecution crisis among the millions of Americans who still support Trump. A pardon assures them that the Democrat America is not going to become their USSR nightmare.

A pardon does not mean Trump "gets away with this scot free". Trump is already facing social and business consequences for his actions. His primary lender, Deutchebank is cutting him off. His brand has become toxic to any celebrities or political elites. Further, a federal pardon does not stop state investigations.

This is a great idea and it will never happen.

This would be a disaster for Biden's establishment faction. They're currently fighting the progressives and are losing influence.

Non-Expert!

Check your immunoprivelege.
kiwifarms.net
If Trump is found guilty by the Senate and impeached and they remove his benefits package that is enough. The secret service detail and the travel allowance he is currently entitled to, will cost the tax payer millions, as it stands. If he is found guilty of staging an insurrection then he does not deserve those benefits in my opinion. I would also like to see him barred from ever running for public office again, given the death and destruction he caused.

I would hope that Biden would pardon him from further criminal charges just to avoid clogging up the system. It is expensive to incarcerate etc.

I would like to see his kids locked up. They are bullies and basically the Trumps want to be dictators.

Most of the Trumps crimes are on the state level or they are civil matters, and Biden can't be of much help anyway. I wish there would be a way to balance justice and accountability with minimal histrionics and drama. If pardoning Trump is what it takes, that is an arrow available, in Biden's quiver.

Krokodil Overdose

[|][||][||][|_]
kiwifarms.net
Never gonna happen. Biden is senile and his handlers are clueless ideologues. Given that impeaching a private citizen is itself legally and constitutionally suspect, the whole point of the exercise is the display of arbitrary power: "we can convict you of non-crimes based on the opposite of what you actually did, so keep your heads down, plebs."

Xarpho

You crack me up, clown.
kiwifarms.net
Imagine pardoning someone for a crime they didn't commit
Correct. Trump's base will hate it because it implies that he did commit some sort of crime and only use that as amplification that Biden and Co. are dictators who take an unambiguous "guilty until proven innocent" angle, while Biden's base will think it shows weakness as Orange Man Bad and needs to be punished.

In addition, there's no way to successful convict Trump for "inciting a riot", as it would make things like sports, concerts, and other large gatherings of people a bigger liability than it already is.