Biggest bullshit in a video game -

CrystalRoserade

Local Weeb Translator
kiwifarms.net
Meh, the controls were sorta clunky but it was pretty short and didn't require extreme precision. The final boss fucking sucked, though.
Yeah, understandable. It's a fun game, but the controls can be weird at times. I was just never able to really get a handle on the controls when it came to the hoverboard race. On the topic of Playstation 2 games, though, I also hate clearing the dark plants mission in the Precursor Basin in the first Jak and Daxter. I love the game to bits, but man, I couldn't handle that specific part, mostly because the Zoomer was so floaty that it felt like I was piloting a bumper car. Didn't feel any better in the PS3 HD remaster, either.

• Feels
Reactions: FuckedUp

Stasi

kiwifarms.net
All this talk about point and click games and no one mentions this asshole?

goat-puzzle.jpg

One of the most infuriating and fucked up puzzles in the history of adventure games. Not because the solution is objectively difficult or obscure but because the solutions makes use of a mechanic late in the game which you were not even aware of up to that point.

Usually you try item x on person y, if its wrong you watch a little animation and try something different. Here, if you try interacting with the goat he butts you, you end up on your ass and goat strolls back to his position. Instead of watching the animation you have to click an object on the screen while the goat is walking back to his starting position so its a timed puzzle for the first time in the game, well past the halfway point. Sounds simple but because its totally unexpected its a real bitch. God help you if you don't have access to a guide. I spent hours wandering the screens in this section trying to give the Irish guys in the pub my soiled tissues for the 10th time just in case they give me some goat poison for it or something.

Most adventure games are bullshit to a greater or lesser extent but the good ones usually give you some indication or hint for the solution. Oh the fat guy told you earlier that he is going on a date? Makes sense giving him the flowers.

Crappy games give you no clues and you end up rubbing that donkey scrotum you picked up against every other item in your inventory and trying to give it to every character you meet only to be told to fuck off.

A shitty ass clover

Because why the fuck not?
kiwifarms.net
Cave Story True ending
Have any of you ever tried getting this bullshit ending?
if not i got two words for you... Bloodstained Palace.

Fuck whoever decided to make a 10 minute long final dungeon complete with touch of death spikes replacing 99% of the floors, multiple boss fights, regular enemies who hit for way to much hp, and a final boss with way to many forms, and all of this has to be done in one life, theres no checkpoints, if you die at any point during this bullshit place you have to do the entire run thru the palace again.
it took me like a week to finish that section of the game and jfc the fight with ballos was bullshit as well.

I got only one word: Rajang. fuck that super saiyan monkey fuck.

Reactions: Syikeblade

Overcast

Perfection has no age
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Remember how almost every JRPG up to the PS3 had unskippable dialogue and cutscenes that you had to watch over and over again if you kept losing to certain bosses?

Remember how some JRPG’s had you go through a long and grueling dungeon or series of boss fights before you got to save?

One particularly good example of both was this one cave area in Legend of Legaia which had you spend ten minutes switching back and forth with your party members solving brain dead environmental puzzles and dealing with solo random encounters.

Instead of having a save point after all that before the boss, like the rest of the game did up to this point, you have to go through three one on one fights with bosses that have super lengthy special attack sequences. If you were like me at that point, you had to constantly heal and block, otherwise you’re likely to be one shotted.

So each of these fights last about ten to fifteen minutes. And if you died at any point, you have to start the entire dungeon all over again.

So that’s between fifteen to forty minutes potentially wasted every attempt.

I probably would have got past this part with some grinding, but at this point I couldn’t give two shits about the plot and characters and just gave up. Fuck that noise.

Last edited:

Islamic Creampie

kiwifarms.net
Remember how almost every JRPG up to the PS3 had unskippable dialogue and cutscenes that you had to watch over and over again if you kept losing to certain bosses?

Remember how some JRPG’s had you go through a long and grueling dungeon or series of boss fights before you got to save?

One particularly good example of both was this one cave area in Legend of Legaia which had you spend ten minutes switching back and forth with your party members solving brain dead environmental puzzles and dealing with solo random encounters.

Instead of having a save point after all that before the boss, like the rest of the game did up to this point, you have to go through three one on one fights with bosses that have super lengthy special attack sequences. If you were like me at that point, you had to constantly heal and block, otherwise you’re likely to be one shorted.

So each of these fights last about ten to fifteen minutes. And if you did at any point, you have to start the entire dungeon all over again.

So that’s between fifteen to forty minutes potentially wasted every attempt.

I probably would have got past this part with some grinding, but at this point I couldn’t give two shits about the plot and characters and just gave up. Fuck that noise.
I always found Legend of Legaia a pretty difficult game in general. Seemingly every boss had a massive attack that clipped your entire party if you weren't defending that turn.

That Delilas family fight is total bullshit. While they all have a strict pattern of two attacks and then special, they do so much damage in general that you're constantly blocking and healing to keep up with it.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
All this talk about point and click games and no one mentions this asshole?

View attachment 1110189

One of the most infuriating and fucked up puzzles in the history of adventure games. Not because the solution is objectively difficult or obscure but because the solutions makes use of a mechanic late in the game which you were not even aware of up to that point.

Usually you try item x on person y, if its wrong you watch a little animation and try something different. Here, if you try interacting with the goat he butts you, you end up on your ass and goat strolls back to his position. Instead of watching the animation you have to click an object on the screen while the goat is walking back to his starting position so its a timed puzzle for the first time in the game, well past the halfway point. Sounds simple but because its totally unexpected its a real bitch. God help you if you don't have access to a guide. I spent hours wandering the screens in this section trying to give the Irish guys in the pub my soiled tissues for the 10th time just in case they give me some goat poison for it or something.

Most adventure games are bullshit to a greater or lesser extent but the good ones usually give you some indication or hint for the solution. Oh the fat guy told you earlier that he is going on a date? Makes sense giving him the flowers.

Crappy games give you no clues and you end up rubbing that donkey scrotum you picked up against every other item in your inventory and trying to give it to every character you meet only to be told to fuck off.
There's a ton of people out there than think shit like this is good game design by needlessly punishing the player. They feel games are supposed to make you look stupid and get you frustrated.

So stuff like trying to find the single secret hidden pixel to click on in order to progress and other cryptic bullshit will never go away because the developers feel the need to flex their self assumed mental superiority. A good puzzle is supposed to function like a well oiled machine and not having the solution relying on luck and hoping your character will catch itself on a single small polygonal edge on the 100th try.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Awakes you from a thousand deaths
kiwifarms.net
You just gave me flashbacks to that fucking awful Yunalesca fight in Final Fantasy X. That cutscene is awesome from an emotional standpoint the first time you play it, not so much when you have to watch it for the tenth goddamn time because the fight is ridiculously tough.

DNA_JACKED

kiwifarms.net
fallout 4's entire leveling system. Progressive leveling is bullshit, as others have said. The issue is, in fallout 4, the weapons DONT SCALE. Once you get into the late game, you have to have a mix of certain weapons, mods, and perks to have a chance of beating multiple enemies in a single encounter. You dont find "LEGENDARY XXX 10MM PISTOL SUPREME" weapons, the early game weaponry ends up worthless by the end. The progressive leveling of enemies is also fucked up, legendary enemies are total bullshit, WAY to powerful early on, and rage inducing when they exist in locations where the clunky combat system becomes a major hindrance. But you have to level up for any hope of surviving the main story quest, but the more you level up the harder the game gets, which is BS.

The settlement system is its own cup of pig vomit. exceptional size limits, constantly in need of help, the defenses you put up have no real bearing on a settlements survival, its all a luck roll. They take autistic amounts of time to build up to be worth the resources, and the worst IMO, is the fact that you are constantly picking up junk because you need screws or adhesive or whatever. It takes you out of the survival environment and into more of a minecraft mindset, and you will need these settlements to collect resources, especially because.....

Power cores deplete now. Fucking bullshit. A power core can run a powerarmor suit for 100 years of normal wartime usage. A powercore used to run a few lightbulbs will not be so burnt out that it can only manage 30 minutes, with no way to recharge it. Not to mention, WHY DOES EVERYONE HAVE THIS SHIT? You get your first suit in 5 minutes of gameplay. Powerarmor is supposed to be late game greatness assuming you can find the training to use the stuff, not something anyone can just waltz into. And its obvious by many encounters that the devs expected most people would use combat armor most of the time. Bullshit all the way.

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
Another point is that enemies have so much health and health regeneration on True/Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode that melee damage won't scale as well unless you slag them first. Same goes for elemental damage, their health regeneration will outpace that damage if they're not slagged.

Thankfully, the Pre-Sequel does away with health regeneration, so melee and elemental builds are far more viable there.
I always hated how late True Vaulter Hunter and Ultimate Vault Hunter basically required you go out and grind for the absolutely broken gear that was somehow never nerfed, or play without someone that did that. Really kills the fun in playing when I feel like I'm being railroaded into a specific build if I want to progress.

• Feels
Reactions: Gar For Archer

Elric of Melnibone

kiwifarms.net
fallout 4's entire leveling system. Progressive leveling is bullshit, as others have said. The issue is, in fallout 4, the weapons DONT SCALE. Once you get into the late game, you have to have a mix of certain weapons, mods, and perks to have a chance of beating multiple enemies in a single encounter. You dont find "LEGENDARY XXX 10MM PISTOL SUPREME" weapons, the early game weaponry ends up worthless by the end. The progressive leveling of enemies is also fucked up, legendary enemies are total bullshit, WAY to powerful early on, and rage inducing when they exist in locations where the clunky combat system becomes a major hindrance. But you have to level up for any hope of surviving the main story quest, but the more you level up the harder the game gets, which is BS.

The settlement system is its own cup of pig vomit. exceptional size limits, constantly in need of help, the defenses you put up have no real bearing on a settlements survival, its all a luck roll. They take autistic amounts of time to build up to be worth the resources, and the worst IMO, is the fact that you are constantly picking up junk because you need screws or adhesive or whatever. It takes you out of the survival environment and into more of a minecraft mindset, and you will need these settlements to collect resources, especially because.....

Power cores deplete now. Fucking bullshit. A power core can run a powerarmor suit for 100 years of normal wartime usage. A powercore used to run a few lightbulbs will not be so burnt out that it can only manage 30 minutes, with no way to recharge it. Not to mention, WHY DOES EVERYONE HAVE THIS SHIT? You get your first suit in 5 minutes of gameplay. Powerarmor is supposed to be late game greatness assuming you can find the training to use the stuff, not something anyone can just waltz into. And its obvious by many encounters that the devs expected most people would use combat armor most of the time. Bullshit all the way.
As someone who platinum Fallout 4 I can second the statement that the scaled leveling was bullshit. As for the settlements system, it never just worked, and the character I ended up using as my main focused entirely on charisma and settlement management. For the early game I used companions to deal damage while I hoovered up as much junk as possible. Mid game I began selling my excess purified water to buy shipments of plastic and fertilizer that I crafted into jet which allowed me to level up and make more money than I could ever spend. By the end of my run with this character I was rich beyond belief, had my own museum with every type of power armor and paint job, most if not all of the unique weapons displayed on racks, and literally thousands of fusion cores.

The only reason I was able to do all of this without sucking Kurt Cobain microphone is because I genuinely enjoy the fallout universe. I was determined from the moment FO4 came out to devour ever little bit of the game, and I did. But unlike FO 1, 2, 3, and new vegas, since I finished off all the achievements and put literally 1000 plus hours into completing everything, I have not touched it at all since. Originally I played it on PS4 because I diddnt have a good pc, but later on I bought it on steam and began setting out with 100% it on there, I think I made it 20 hours before giving up and going back to NV.

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net
These faggots from RE0 is the only time I ever rage quit in a resident evil game in the 15~ years I've been playing the series. Code Veronica in general can be fucked up too.
The Leech Men aren't that bad if you have Molotov cocktails. The Eliminators, on the other hand...

I always hated how late True Vaulter Hunter and Ultimate Vault Hunter basically required you go out and grind for the absolutely broken gear that was somehow never nerfed, or play without someone that did that. Really kills the fun in playing when I feel like I'm being railroaded into a specific build if I want to progress.
Don't even get me started on the grind. I had to do that shit several times so that I wouldn't fall behind the curve, always looking for the right configurations from bosses that were too stingy. Oh, and those times I got underleveled gear (great feature, why make everything consistent?) were complete wastes that prolonged the grind.

Great games once you get beyond that point, but holy shit is the grind the most mind-numbing nonsense imaginable.

cjöcker

Against all the evil that Hell can conjure.
kiwifarms.net
The ending in the original Borderlands may possibly be the worst ending to a game I've ever had the dismay of enduring.

Edit: May as well add that I didn't realise it was the ending until the fucking credits started rolling and I just felt shock throughout my body.
there's no treasure like everyone has been yelling you. Just some weird looking monster that you shoot at for 7 minutes and occasionally phasewalk if you're having any issues with health

Last edited:

Dick Justice

Where have all the cowdogs gone?
kiwifarms.net
For my part Jagged Alliance 2 1.13. The game's unequivocally better with 1.13, but the cover system is still as fucked as it was on release. The AI can leverage cover perfectly, but with the square system and isometric view it's damn near impossible to tell how to position your merc behind that rock or tree so it actually protects them. It's like if in an fps the cover you're hiding behind randomly moves 5 meters left or right with no indication. Everything turns into a game of who can outrange who or just savescumming to test cover.

the entirety of Hotline Miami 2
This is honestly the best bait I've seen in at least a year, good enough that I recorded this just to disprove you. HLM2 is pretty much the epitome of git gud and once you do so does it. It had some nasty bugs on release but those are long since fixed.
Halo 2 on Legendary. How they went from something balanced like Heroic to that broken shit is beyond me.

I only did it to unlock the Elite helmet in Halo 5, and I'm not ashamed to admit that I used some speedrunning tactics in some levels. The latter didn't really help all that much, as I still had to deal with other horseshit that the game throws at you like the final fight on Regret (I spent over three hours at that part alone, getting rushed by energy swords and pelted to death with plasma fire gets pretty old fast).

The rest of the series is far more reasonable on Legendary, but I'm never going to play Halo 2 on it again. Fuck that shit.
Don't forget the best part: the jackal snipers that one shot you with no indication. Even playing on pc where I should be able to flickshot them my strategy every time just turned into
>run in
>die
>note where shot came from
>pre-snipe that jackal
>run in
>die
>repeat

credit to bungie for hiding snipers so well I guess but that sure didn't make delta halo any more enjoyable.

P.S. Fuck you skulls. I went to all the trouble to find grunt birthday party and it didn't even work.

Damn Near

It's lovely to be here, thank you for having me
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is honestly the best bait I've seen in at least a year, good enough that I recorded this just to disprove you. HLM2 is pretty much the epitome of git gud and once you do so does it. It had some nasty bugs on release but those are long since fixed
Bruh that wasn't bait, I hated Hotline Miami 2, I didn't find it enjoyable. Try not to record another video about it

Absolute Brainlet

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
kiwifarms.net

"That Reaping move of mine sure hits hard, huh? It sure would be a shame... if I were to use it.... multiple times in a row.... wouldn't it?"
The fact his summons immediately get to have their turn doesn't help.

Damn Near

It's lovely to be here, thank you for having me
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How is it compared to 1? 1 was great. If you were using mouse+keyboard, that was probably your issue.
1 is one of my favorite games of all time, 2 has enemies capping your ass through windows clear across the entire level, every other level. I was looking forward to 2 so much and it just disappointed me

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How is it compared to 1? 1 was great. If you were using mouse+keyboard, that was probably your issue.
I beat it with mouse + keyboard. It plays fine. I even beat it on the hardest difficulty before the patch where your controls are inverted in the final level.

Tags
None