Biggest bullshit in a video game -

Borax Bozo

Here until I can finally rest.
kiwifarms.net
The only time it worked that comes to mind is Dark Souls where it was used to limit how many times you could spam a weapons special attack AND BREAKING THE WEAPON DIDNT VAPORIZE IT.
Bloodborne also used it to balance some of the gem socketing, so that your power weapon wouldn't even last until the boss of an area if you weren't careful.

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
Bloodborne also used it to balance some of the gem socketing, so that your power weapon wouldn't even last until the boss of an area if you weren't careful.
If you're min/max'ing your gear to the point of having a weapon so cursed that it's durability barely lasts a boss fight, I highly doubt you actually use that weapon to get to a boss. The lesser durability reductions aren't noticeable to the regular user.

• Agree
Reactions: Shield Breaker

Borax Bozo

Here until I can finally rest.
kiwifarms.net
I just noticed it being a problem - but I was going through the latter half of the chalice dungeons at the time, so that might account for it too.

Shield Breaker

^_^
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Been playing Dark Cloud recently, and while I'm enjoying the game, fuck the weapon durability system. You can't tell how much wHP you'll lose from hitting an enemy until you hit them (and occasionally you lose 1 point less for seemingly no reason), and striking a blocking enemy costs even more wHP which you also can't tell how much until you hit.

Best stock up on Auto-Repair powder, or accidentely lose that weapon you've been grinding for several hours now because the enemy blocked last frame and it cost wHP that you were expecting.
I hated the water system. I hate that shit in any game.

Shield Breaker

^_^
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
>get shot 15 times in the face
>be totally okay
>come into contact with water
>immediately die

Fuck you, games.
Nope, worse. You had a gauge for your water supply. As you go through a dungeon it drops rather quickly, and you die/get booted out if it runs out.

King Ghidorah

kiwifarms.net
The only time it worked that comes to mind is Dark Souls where it was used to limit how many times you could spam a weapons special attack AND BREAKING THE WEAPON DIDNT VAPORIZE IT.
New vegas handled it relatively well because it was managable for the most part although It is relatively trivialized by the jury rigging perk

Jeff_the_Thriller

kiwifarms.net
:aug:Most recent one I can think of is COD checkpoints. I play on hardcore so a quick machine burst will kill you. Restart in the middle of a firefight with my back to the enemy (probably died running from a grenade) and get killed in 2 seconds. Wooooow! There's nothing I could do! :stress:

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
I actually quite enjoyed Rage, even the driving sections. But there was one particular event, whose name escapes me, that was just complete BS. The idea was that an item appears randomly in the arena, and the first one to drive over it gets a point. The fatal flaw in this idea though was that whoever happens to be closest to the spawn will pick it up. So you'd drive to one side of the map and get the item, only for the next one to spawn at the other end leaving you no chance of grabbing it, making every match come down to pure luck.
As a shooter Rage became pretty decent when played on the highest difficulty. It changed how the game had to be played and became very tactical in the larger areas of a level. When taking a single hit is a disaster you really start to appreciate the thought that went into the level design.
Sections where you traversed tight spaces like a sewer almost felt like survival horror, which was the intention I think. A single melee enemy jumping out of a pipe close to you was actually a dangerous situation.

Try Homefront, that's even shorter.

Edit: I don't even know why I picked that game, try Gone Home, you can finish it in less than a minute.
There was a James Bond game on the Xbox/PS2/GC, maybe Agent under Fire, that I started after breakfast and finished before brunch. It was pirated but I still felt cheated, it can't have been more than two hours long.

The Last Stand

I need more gin.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Water levels in video games.

Not only because of the gravity but the screen is tinted a shade of blue. Not very visually appealing.

• Agree
Reactions: Rakdos92

Sundae

Weird-Ass Puppet Dog
kiwifarms.net
Not a fan of this trend so many modern games have of attempting to be "cinematic" at the expense of the gameplay. Like I get it, you want to create a videogame equivalent of a blockbuster movie, but it doesn't change the fact that first and foremost it's a videoGAME, the gameplay needs to be the most important part of the experience. Give me a game that's fun with a mediocre story and graphics over a cinematic 4k ultra HD walking simulator any day of the week.

Not a gameplay gripe but I was totally stunned when the Dishonored 2 credits rolled after a total playtime of 4 hours 38 minutes. I wasn't intentionally speedrunning and I did all the optional objectives.

It's by far the shortest AAA game I've ever played and the only time I've ever felt ripped off buying a game.
I felt the same way after beating Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2. Later found out that the game had a troubled production cycle, hence why it was so short. Then I found out that a potential third game was cancelled after Disney bought the Star Wars franchise.

Serves me right for pre-ordering the game and buying it day one. Won't be doing that again.

On the plus side I was able to get the kick-ass Maulkiller skin and silver lightsabers.
4a1a9301e54df98cd86898fc438abad5 maulkiller.jpg

Noideawhattopick

kiwifarms.net
Not gameplay related really more like wtf is this.
Getting gifted nathan drake collection.
Getting through the cinematic game.
Cutscene plays
Talking about Drake "don't worry they aren't trigger happy killers"
Remember over hundred ppl i downed.
All of my what.

At least be consistent.
You wanna know what was so special about tomb raider 1 back then? The amount of human-like enemies you kill is way down. Most of the game was traversing and riddles. Fighting was to spice up the game. /boomermoment.

Edit: finished part 1 and 2. The fight in part 2 with the apes/gorillas is pure bullshit.

Rakdos92

kiwifarms.net
You wanna know what was so special about tomb raider 1 back then? The amount of human-like enemies you kill is way down. Most of the game was traversing and riddles. Fighting was to spice up the game. /boomermoment.
Yeah, but making riddles and traversing appealing is too much work for game-developers nowadays. Especially with clueless executives hounding them for not putting more action scenes in the games and demanding less brain-straining stuff.

Reactions: Noideawhattopick

The Shadow

I am NOT a crackpot.
kiwifarms.net
You fight more dinosaurs and mummies than you do humans. Why are games afraid to let us fight dinosaurs and mummies nowadays?

Tags
None