Biggest bullshit in a video game -

Balr0g

kiwifarms.net
You fight more dinosaurs and mummies than you do humans. Why are games afraid to let us fight dinosaurs and mummies nowadays?
Because you might hurt the Feelings of someone who identifies as a dinosaur or a Mummy. i mean GVH is a Thing already so who knows Maybe next is Mummy School.

Not sure if this is really bullshit but I just rememberd something from the first Sudden Strike game. In one German mission you have to defend against the allied Invasion.Tthe Mission goal is "secure this specific spot". At first I thought "How the hell should i manage this?" then i noticed I could drop paratroopers. so i dropped them on this speciic spot and Mission won. In like 1 Minute.

Naamaleipuri

Has ugly pecs that creep everybody out
kiwifarms.net
Been playing Dark Cloud recently, and while I'm enjoying the game, fuck the weapon durability system. You can't tell how much wHP you'll lose from hitting an enemy until you hit them (and occasionally you lose 1 point less for seemingly no reason), and striking a blocking enemy costs even more wHP which you also can't tell how much until you hit.

Best stock up on Auto-Repair powder, or accidentely lose that weapon you've been grinding for several hours now because the enemy blocked last frame and it cost wHP that you were expecting.
Really weird. I played that shit to hell and back when I was 11. Never did I run into any weapon durability issues. Maybe I was just too autistic back then and repaired my weapons constantly or something. The thirst meter was what bothered me though. And having to use certain characters on certain stages.. Looking at you Ungaga, you useless sack of shit..

FuckedUp

kiwifarms.net
Also, when you get hit by a car in Jet Set Radio, land on top of it, and get taken out of bounds before the recovery animation finishes. Oh yeah, and when you do a difficult jump and it does this EPIC REPLAY WHEN YOU'RE STILL IN THE FUCKING AIR.

thx1138

Are you now, or have you ever been?
kiwifarms.net
Biggest bullshit in video games, for me:

THAT FUCKING CAR RACE IN GTA VICE CITY
Runner up: THAT FUCKING MODEL HELICOPTER MISSION IN VICE CITY
2nd runner up: the ending of Half Life Opposing Force where Gearbox clearly said "Fuck it, copy doom 2's ending right down to the part where you have to do platforming, shoot a tiny target, and monsters spawn in to fuck you up the whole time you're trying to win."

sharky

Donut-rolling, vest-wearing
kiwifarms.net
When I played Wolfenstein: The New Colossus I thought people were joking over just how high it jumps the shark, but once I got to the part in question, I was... Jesus. Still don't have words. Some of the most ludicrous, insane science-magic crap I'd seen in a while. Who okayed that level of ridiculousness?

Oh, and that bitch Canary Mary from Banjo-Tooie. She can go to hell.

King Ghidorah

kiwifarms.net
When I played Wolfenstein: The New Colossus I thought people were joking over just how high it jumps the shark, but once I got to the part in question, I was... Jesus. Still don't have words. Some of the most ludicrous, insane science-magic crap I'd seen in a while. Who okayed that level of ridiculousness?

Oh, and that bitch Canary Mary from Banjo-Tooie. She can go to hell.
What part are you talking about?

King Ghidorah

kiwifarms.net
BJ getting decapitated and the absolutely insane way the rest of the crew magically retrieved his head/revived him and how that threw the whole sad narrative boo hoo terminal illness plot off a building. :story:
Oh yeah I think I remember that
Maybe with how shittily youngbloods was recieved it'll either convince dev's to change direction or cancel future games

Reactions: sharky

sharky

kiwifarms.net
Oh yeah I think I remember that
Maybe with how shittily youngbloods was recieved it'll either convince dev's to change direction or cancel future games
Here's to hoping. I loved TNO and was hoping YB might do some course correction after TNC but I don't have high hopes for the series anymore. Real shame too.

BJ getting decapitated and the absolutely insane way the rest of the crew magically retrieved his head/revived him and how that threw the whole sad narrative boo hoo terminal illness plot off a building. :story:

Then we have the ending sequence, which featured a blood soaked, topless pregnant woman dual wielding assault rifles. For anyone who hasn't played it, this is the game which starts with a flashback of your abusive father beating the shit out of your mum and making you shoot your own dog.

H&K Hates You

And you suck
kiwifarms.net
Really weird. I played that shit to hell and back when I was 11. Never did I run into any weapon durability issues. Maybe I was just too autistic back then and repaired my weapons constantly or something. The thirst meter was what bothered me though. And having to use certain characters on certain stages.. Looking at you Ungaga, you useless sack of shit..
Haven't played it 20 years, I had DC1 all ready to go on my PS4 until you reminded how fucking thirsty Toan is. I managed to get myself soft locked as a kid right after the town leader stops giving you free supplies by wasting all my money on everything except for antidotes, and then getting poisoned.

sharky

kiwifarms.net
Then we have the ending sequence, which featured a blood soaked, topless pregnant woman dual wielding assault rifles. For anyone who hasn't played it, this is the game which starts with a flashback of your abusive father beating the shit out of your mum and making you shoot your own dog.
Christ, I forgot about all the flashback bits and the ongoing present feud of him and his dad. Really felt like torture watching some of that stuff.

• Feels
Reactions: Vault Boy

Deadwaste

im going insane help me
kiwifarms.net
so watch dogs 2 is an alright game. its leagues better than the first, though even watch dogs 1 had some things i wish 2 had. but overall, i thought it was a fine game. however, theres this one section that is jut a big bullshit for me: the fucking bunker level. i hate that bunker level. nearly quit the game multiple times during that section.

Cod of War

kiwifarms.net
:aug:Most recent one I can think of is COD checkpoints. I play on hardcore so a quick machine burst will kill you. Restart in the middle of a firefight with my back to the enemy (probably died running from a grenade) and get killed in 2 seconds. Wooooow! There's nothing I could do! :stress:
This happened to me last week when playing COD: WWII. Got blown up when using the AA gun and the game hit a checkpoint the second I died.

• Feels
Reactions: Vault Boy

Noideawhattopick

kiwifarms.net
All because he befriended a black girl. As soon as I saw gmanlives first minute of the review I knew I will not buy it. Liked the one before that and gman has mostly been good with his recommendations.
I didn't even look into the dlc with his daughters, whateverthefuck that shit was.

All because he befriended a black girl. As soon as I saw gmanlives first minute of the review I knew I will not buy it. Liked the one before that and gman has mostly been good with his recommendations.
I didn't even look into the dlc with his daughters, whateverthefuck that shit was.

I played it on Game Pass and still felt ripped off. That's not to mention the insanely unbalanced difficulty, where anything but the two lowest settings would see you shredded before you knew what hit you. THe Courthouse was one of the worst designed levels of recent years.

Reactions: Noideawhattopick

Bender

I bend the truth.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It wasn't really the video game's fault, but I remember wanting to play Tomb Raider 2 at someone else's house, he said I can go first and when I die it'll be his turn. I loaded the save file and instantly fell to my death, the fucker saved the game while Lara was on a zip wire, and if you weren't holding X when the save file loaded she'd let go, fall and die. I was pissed at the time, but looking back that was a genius move.

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net
Thanks for reminding me of topless Anya, I was happier forgetting that horseshit existed.

Between the dumbass scenes in TNC and Youngblood in general, I think The New Order and The Old Blood were flukes.

Balr0g

kiwifarms.net
Just thought of one of the ultimate anger inducing games: Driver 1. The tutorial was already rage inducing (stupid 180 reverse) but the last mission is the icing on the cake: you have to drive the president across the city with the Mafia and the Police on your back. BOTH sides try to ram you into oblivion. I don't know how many tries I needed to finally beat this freaking mission

Tags
None