Biggest bullshit in a video game -

Rakdos92

kiwifarms.net
Looking back, it's kinda weird how in Animal Crossing, villagers bitch and moan about the weeds in town and yet you're the only one who can do anything about them.

It's kinda like how people bitch about trash on the ground but people don't actually pick it up and throw it away.

Lazy fucks...
Pretty realistic tho. People complaining about garbage and expecting someone else to pick up the trash.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
Just thought of one of the ultimate anger inducing games: Driver 1. The tutorial was already rage inducing (stupid 180 reverse) but the last mission is the icing on the cake: you have to drive the president across the city with the Mafia and the Police on your back. BOTH sides try to ram you into oblivion. I don't know how many tries I needed to finally beat this freaking mission
That tutorial mission was in the demo. Not the best way to introduce people to the game. Ninja Gaiden's first stage was a tutorial of sorts, immediately dropping the clueless player into the room with the nunchuck boss would be the equivalent of that fucking Driver tutorial.

Sir Wesley Tailpipe

kiwifarms.net
Slow battle speeds in turn based RPGs. Wizardry 8 is the worst offender. I love me some turn based RPGs. Japanese, Western, whatever. I hate when one encounter takes an hour to finish.
Fuck Enix for not patching the faster battle speeds into the PS4 version of Dragon Quest XI that they put in the Switch version!

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Lazy fucks...
Reminds me of the first 2 Star Fox games (SNES and N64). It's the Star Fox Team, yet Fox does all the fighting. All the others do is get chased by foes. Or chase after a single enemy, one at a time, and complain when Fox downs said foe because "he was mine".

• Agree
Reactions: Sir Wesley Tailpipe

ChucklesTheJester

Dream Diver
kiwifarms.net
Reminds me of the first 2 Star Fox games (SNES and N64). It's the Star Fox Team, yet Fox does all the fighting. All the others do is get chased by foes. Or chase after a single enemy, one at a time, and complain when Fox downs said foe because "he was mine".
How about the time in 64 when slippy tries be useful. Ends up gets oneshotted with a slap that sends him to a diffrent plantet, with in five seconds of saying. " LET ME HANDLE THIS"

God damn slippy atleast try not to make it obvious you are a jobber.

• Feels
Reactions: ToroidalBoat

Sir Wesley Tailpipe

kiwifarms.net
The Star Wars: Rogue Squadron and Battle for Naboo games really suffered badly from this too.

• Informative
Reactions: ToroidalBoat

msd

Dorothy enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
Lingering hitboxes on games like dark souls

Nioh has a few of them, but in general I fucking hate lingering hitboxes, the attack animation will be over but you'll still take the full hit for just bumping their fist

• Feels
Reactions: Smaug's Smokey Hole

Naamaleipuri

Has ugly pecs that creep everybody out
kiwifarms.net
Also, when you get hit by a car in Jet Set Radio, land on top of it, and get taken out of bounds before the recovery animation finishes. Oh yeah, and when you do a difficult jump and it does this EPIC REPLAY WHEN YOU'RE STILL IN THE FUCKING AIR.
Oh crap, you just reminded me of those times me and my buddy were fighting FRENZIED monsters in Monster Hunter 4. You can only really hurt them when you're using a special item that lasts for around 1 minute and has to cooldown for a little longer. BUT you can still mount them (basically you jump on their back and stab them with you knife until they fall over). In MH4 the monsters you mounted could still take you to another area.. And what happens then? Oh! You're just knocked off the monsters back and the monster gets their free "non-mountable" cooldown. Ideal time to use the cooldown items, lost. MH4 endgame was the most brutal of them all..

• Feels
Reactions: FuckedUp

Basil II

my dimension is augmented
kiwifarms.net
When balkanizing a country into multiple vassal states somehow multiplies its strength in Eu4.
>playing EU4
>expecting accuracy

you're gonna cast your mana so you can sucessfully digest and ethnically cleanse provinces and fucking like it.

• Feels
Reactions: Jarolleon

Jarolleon

kiwifarms.net
>playing EU4
>expecting accuracy

you're gonna cast your mana so you can sucessfully digest and ethnically cleanse provinces and fucking like it.
But how am I supposed to remove PU Baguette as the Eternal Anglo now?

I guess I'll just pre-emptively return Maine on day 1, thereby preventing that event from firing. Maybe EU4 is actually Polandball:The Video Game, every tag is a character.

Basil II

my dimension is augmented
kiwifarms.net
But how am I supposed to remove PU Baguette as the Eternal Anglo now?

I guess I'll just pre-emptively return Maine on day 1, thereby preventing that event from firing. Maybe EU4 is actually Polandball:The Video Game, every tag is a character.
piggybacking off the "games you wish existed" thread but we're in dire need of a grand strategy game made by people who aren't sw*de cucks who just shove mana and other weird mechanics that don't make sense.

• Agree
Reactions: Jarolleon

Violence Jack

Words, that kill.
kiwifarms.net
Any teleport dungeon in SMT makes me consider game over. They're always an exercise in lack of design wasting your time and resources. Don't think anyone likes them either. Thank god for emulators.

Jarolleon

kiwifarms.net
piggybacking off the "games you wish existed" thread but we're in dire need of a grand strategy game made by people who aren't sw*de cucks who just shove mana and other weird mechanics that don't make sense.
A grand strategy game made by non-cucks? Even Paradox games attract the far-right like flies to shit. It would cause a moral panic, it's obvious enough that Pdox games train you to think like a crazed jingoist as it is, imagine if they were made by people who didn't get their history from Breadtube and Wikipedia!

Tags
None