Biggest bullshit in a video game -

Balr0g

kiwifarms.net
Biggest bullshit in video games, for me:

THAT FUCKING CAR RACE IN GTA VICE CITY
Runner up: THAT FUCKING MODEL HELICOPTER MISSION IN VICE CITY
2nd runner up: the ending of Half Life Opposing Force where Gearbox clearly said "Fuck it, copy doom 2's ending right down to the part where you have to do platforming, shoot a tiny target, and monsters spawn in to fuck you up the whole time you're trying to win."
I see you have never tried the race in Mafia 1

• Winner
Reactions: Smaug's Smokey Hole

The 8 of Spades

But Some Informations Are Don't Actual.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm playing the GBA and NDS Castlevania's currently.

Playing Dawn of Sorrow, 5th NG+, trying to finally 100% with the last few souls I'm missing. The Creature soul absolutely refuses to drop after spending hours of attempts.

Decide to play the DoS Definitive ips patch with luck stat fixed among other things, kill first appearance of The Creature once, get soul instantly.

....really?

Reactions: Billy_Sama

kobox666

kiwifarms.net
-The Marauder in Doom Eternal. You have nice, fast pace gameplay tha comes to a dead stop everytime one showed up. All they had to do was to make it so that his shield could be destroyed. The boss battles in general were pretty bad.
-The amount of defense missions in the Starcraft 2 campaing, you spent like 20 minutes defending against easy waves, then, at the last moment, a bunch of enemies rush in and rapes all your shit.
-The rhythm miniboss in Brave Fencer Musashi. I was never able to beat her.

CrippleThreat

At least my third leg is still working.
kiwifarms.net
Playing Rescue Team DX right now, and Purity Forest is a pain in the ass. The restrictions suck to the point where it feels luck based; your only pokémon's moveset is random if it has multiple moves at the forced level of 5. Thankfully, you can just give up and restart without having to manually enter every time you get an ass moveset.

I get the BS because it's the last leg of the game, but sheesh...

jje100010001

kiwifarms.net
The AI in the Anno games never builds functional cities, which is why when you capture or even buy out an enemy island, you inadvertently always cause mass murder as the entire town disintegrates into piles of rubble.

Unfortunately, the same can happen to your meticulously planned islands when an AI gets their hands on one...

GenericReviewerDraco

Annoyed oriental wizard
kiwifarms.net
All of Rogue Galaxy's dungeons. Especially the tower one.

Pinheads from Quest 64 dealing more than a third of your max HP in damage because fuck you. Even if your stats are maxed out.

Lufia 2 (DS remake) boss fights and the pity level up you get when you die. There's also the "beat the game again" to get the happy ending nonsense because I definitely believe the people who made this knew the game was gonna get memoryholed just as hard as the Crystal Chronicles single player Wii game.

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
Bioware's reductive attitude to RPG mechanics. Why exactly did they take all the armour and weapon tinkering out out of mass effect 2 and dragon age? What about me buying a rpg sequal made you think I didnt like RPG's?

The increasingly self-indulgant attitude of Final fantasy franchise., 8 was the start of the rot and it's getting worse. I'm not even sure they actually want to make video games and not mediocre romance manga's

Chimerian Godhead

NANI?!
kiwifarms.net
Mass Effect 2. The plot, for one. For two: thermal clips. For three: not being able to have all class abilities at max level.
For four not being able to hang up on the illusive man like you could the council.

Bioware's reductive attitude to RPG mechanics. Why exactly did they take all the armour and weapon tinkering out out of mass effect 2 and dragon age? What about me buying a rpg sequal made you think I didnt like RPG's?
Probably for the same reason Renegade went from "I'm a huge douchebag" to "I'm a bit passive aggressive". It takes more work to implement though in ME3 they brought back the weapon tinkering but put a "weight limit" on all the weapons you could carry at once

Hol' up is Thessia like Orlais in that they're the best in whatever but everyone from there are just arseholes and you never see how/why they're better?

Ruin

#respectskeltins
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

The increasingly self-indulgant attitude of Final fantasy franchise., 8 was the start of the rot and it's getting worse. I'm not even sure they actually want to make video games and not mediocre romance manga's
My jaw dropped when when Dragon Age Inquisition got rid of programmable tactics in favor of AI so bad mage characters would choose to walk right up to bosses and whack them before they'd cast spells or swing blindly at walls.

How do you fuck up something that even Dragon age 2 got right?

Tags
None