Biggest bullshit in a video game -

The Littlest Shitlord

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That gave me FFT flashbacks where you had to protect an npc and you couldn't stop him from running up in the bad guys' face and poking them with a stick.
It was worse when Rafa actually tried casting a spell (well technically, Shingon Buddhist Mantra/Heaven Skill, but whatever) instead of ineffectually poking the three demon-possessed people who were trying to kill her with a stick. Casting dropped her evasion to zero and increased the damage she took from all attacks by 50%. My most memorable Riovanes rooftop battle? I made the mistake of taking low speed units, Rafa comes out and starts casting, and then the enemies come up to her and one-shot her before I even made a single move. Complete bullshit.

Solid Snek

kiwifarms.net
Found out Pathfinder Kingmaker has a fucking time limit. I get the reasoning why the time limit is there but I still find it bullshit to put time limits in long CRPGs where most people like to take their time and explore, not feeling stressed trying to rush through the game, miss out on a lot of side stuff and possibly risk losing tons of hours put into your character because you didn’t move fast enough. Bullshit

I hate time limits in general, and I hated that time limit in particular. I knew about the time limit going in, and I actually managed to get all the side quests and shit done with time to spare, but still - made the whole game feel like work, rushing to meet a project deadline rather than enjoying my time as ruler of a monster-infested frontier kingdom.

A lot of neckbeards defended the time limit by being all, "bu-but the original Pathfinder campaign has a series of monster invasions that are already being prepared behind the scenes!" And I'm thinking, yeah, but the original campaign was a goddamn pnp campaign. If some barbarians invade your country or a bunch of fairies open a portal to Twitterland, that's not Game Over; in the hands of an even halfway competent DM, that's the start of a brand new campaign, where you wage a guerilla war against the smelly barbarians, or you flee to your cousin's castle in Cheliax, where he helps you raise an army of demons, only you must swear to give them half the children of the realm if and when you retake the Stolen Kingdom. Hell, if everyone was having fun, the DM could even just handwave the whole invasion plot away. Who wants to go fight some dumb treemonsters, when you can be building landmine factories run by centaur slave labor, and planning a military conquest of Galt?

The time limit plots made sense in a pnp context, where you have the flexibility to roll with whatever happens and still have a fun story come of it. But in a vidya - and a 120+ hour long RPG vidya, no less - those time limits are absolutely horrendous.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Not a normal human
kiwifarms.net
Serious Sam 1 has no directional sound. You can hear things getting closer, but the game's audio will not inform you where the thing will be coming from. This is especially annoying when you're attacked by chasers like the Kamikazes and Werebulls. You'll hear them before they're anywhere near you (especially the Kamikazes), but good luck trying to figure out where they are before they're suddenly on top of you.

Dead Memes

Do you know what kind of train this is?
kiwifarms.net
Skyrim Special Edition is one of the laziest remasters out there, leaving years-old bugs unfixed, not restoring cut content, and making little graphical improvements beyond a mediocre depth of field effect. Lazy remasters aren't new, especially not for Bethesda, but remasters so lazy that they didn't even bother to include the upgraded high quality audio on the PC release are.

I know that "Bethesda expects modders to fix their games" line has become a meme, but it's 100% true. If you want audio on par with the PS4/X1 release you have to mod the game. At least SE runs markedly better when heavily modded/in 4K I guess

FriendlyPrimarina

kiwifarms.net
Skyrim Special Edition is one of the laziest remasters out there, leaving years-old bugs unfixed, not restoring cut content, and making little graphical improvements beyond a mediocre depth of field effect. Lazy remasters aren't new, especially not for Bethesda, but remasters so lazy that they didn't even bother to include the upgraded high quality audio on the PC release are.

I know that "Bethesda expects modders to fix their games" line has become a meme, but it's 100% true. If you want audio on par with the PS4/X1 release you have to mod the game. At least SE runs markedly better when heavily modded/in 4K I guess
It's also ugly. The grass looks way too orange, for instance. It's like they compensated for the washed out look in LE by breaking the dial on the saturation meter.

This is the best screenshot I could find (it's actually really hard to find a screenshot of vanilla Skyrim). Note that this was taken in the morning. The orange is even more intense at midday:
1618866972400.png

Dead Memes

Do you know what kind of train this is?
kiwifarms.net
It's also ugly. The grass looks way too orange, for instance. It's like they compensated for the washed out look in LE by breaking the dial on the saturation meter.

This is the best screenshot I could find (it's actually really hard to find a screenshot of vanilla Skyrim). Note that this was taken in the morning. The orange is even more intense at midday:
View attachment 2101010
It always bugs me when games that were washed out in a stereotypical PS3/360 way get remasters that is basically just cranking saturation to absurd levels in a way that looks like fake HDR on a $50 chinese android.

Thankfully SE is now on par with LE when it comes to modding and you can quite easily push the graphics to the limit of the engine. Vortex/MO2 and LOOT make it easier than ever to get a more-or-less stable experience with a ludicrous mod count. Hell, you can even use Wabbajack to auto install a modlist if you don't wanna bother with sorting load orders or resolving conflicts.

YumeNoHero

kiwifarms.net

Speaking of remasters, Skyrim SE is more like a re-release with some updates rather than a remaster. Hell, even Dark Souls Remastered can barely even qualify as such. If you want a true and honest remaster, SaGa Frontier Remastered that got released recently sure as hell go well above and beyond just graphical updates, they actually add more QoL features, more banging soundtracks and even cut contents from the original game. Quite frankly this is the only remaster I feel that 25$ price tag for a remaster is well deserved.

DDBCAE CBAADCBE

kiwifarms.net
Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain
Mission: A Quiet Exit

Fuck this mission and the people who coded the tank AI in particular. The tanks are seemingly omniscient and impossibly accurate. Additionally their cannon has a rubber banding effect that allows them to instantaneously fire upon you no matter which direction it was facing prior to you leaving cover. This is of course regardless of your distance from the tanks and compounded by the sheer amount of tanks. What’s worse is that after you beat the mission you lose Quiet, hands down your best field ally.

Time Mage Boss in Bravely Default 2.

"Use a regular attack : Counter attack with stop"
"Use anything that isn't a regular attack : Counter attack by gaining a Brave Point*"

*You can spend Brave Points to take extra turns.

Agent Abe Caprine

Fueled by cigarette butts and paint chips
kiwifarms.net
The Fragile Delivery quest in Nier. This entire game is out to mess with the player, but penalizing dodge rolls is crossing the line. What's next? Mandatory fishing quests?

Nick Gurs

"The Good, The Bad, The Autistic"
kiwifarms.net
Hunters in Destiny 2, Nu-Bungie being too busy conspiring to fire becky to actually do their fucking jobs and make content for the last decade after firing or driving all the talent to quit and promoting niggers with a BLM post instead of another TWAB and also promoting troon grooming with their "DAY OF TRANS" shit.

Nigger promotion:

Freak abominations:

Hunters will screech en masse to nerf anything they cant one shot with their back of the map sniper 720 spazzing while being notorious as the class that cheats the most in crucible even with all the buffs and changes Nu bungo makes to cater specifically to them, which is of course, never enough for that portion of the playerbase.

They will then proceed to fuck off and locust swarm the next big blockbluster and repeat this same Psyop bullshit ad nauseum until the game in question is ruined beyond salvagability because most weapons are no longer viable and the game is simply not fun anymore.

Also Bungo still hasnt and likely will never fix the cheating issue in this game:
Notice how at least one of the cheaters is a hunter.

Hunters in Destiny 2, Nu-Bungie being too busy conspiring to fire becky to actually do their fucking jobs and make content for the last decade after firing or driving all the talent to quit and promoting niggers with a BLM post instead of another TWAB and also promoting troon grooming with their "DAY OF TRANS" shit.
But I thought it was magically going to become the greatest game ever now that Activision isn't in the way!?

Nick Gurs

kiwifarms.net
But I thought it was magically going to become the greatest game ever now that Activision isn't in the way!?
:story: they still censor anyone who questions or has an opinion different than their retarded narratives. such a shocker in the post 2010's gaming industry. The Destiny fanbase has always been mostly battered gamer syndrome retards with the occasional bored person.

Had always suspected Activision being the only one holding their feet to the fire making sure something got done.
Not this "poor Bungo" bullshit.

Last edited:
Had always suspected Activision being the only one holding their feet to the fire making sure something got done.
That is why I hate people who blame the big company owners for issues in Development. It is something that happens with Magic The Gathering all the time.

"BUT HASBORO IS DEMANDING THIS STUFF! It isn't Maro's fault the card stock is so bad that foils bend a day after you open them..it would be Different without Hasboro."

Bitch Stop Simping for a Giant Company because it is Owned by another one, Bioware would be shit even without EA buying it.

Nick Gurs

kiwifarms.net
That is why I hate people who blame the big company owners for issues in Development. It is something that happens with Magic The Gathering all the time.

"BUT HASBORO IS DEMANDING THIS STUFF! It isn't Maro's fault the card stock is so bad that foils bend a day after you open them..it would be Different without Hasboro."

Bitch Stop Simping for a Giant Company because it is Owned by another one, Bioware would be shit even without EA buying it.

Funny how the concept of doing your work to keep your job is lost on those retards and sockpuppets.