Biggest bullshit in a video game -

Cod of War

kiwifarms.net
Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain
Mission: A Quiet Exit

Fuck this mission and the people who coded the tank AI in particular. The tanks are seemingly omniscient and impossibly accurate. Additionally their cannon has a rubber banding effect that allows them to instantaneously fire upon you no matter which direction it was facing prior to you leaving cover. This is of course regardless of your distance from the tanks and compounded by the sheer amount of tanks. What’s worse is that after you beat the mission you lose Quiet, hands down your best field ally.
Also, unlike every other mission you can't quit it normally. They did "fix" the Quiet thing though.

graywolf88

Space Lizard is my friend
kiwifarms.net
Also, unlike every other mission you can't quit it normally. They did "fix" the Quiet thing though.
That was the second most annoying part of that mission. I found a loophole by fultoning the materials container next to the ruins and grabbing onto it for extraction.

DDBCAE CBAADCBE

kiwifarms.net
After losing her do Cloaked in Silence 6 times, capturing her each time. Then do it once more and it will be called [Reunion] Cloaked in Silence and capture her once more an she'll be back.

Sounds fake but I swear it's legit.
After losing her do Cloaked in Silence 6 times, capturing her each time. Then do it once more and it will be called [Reunion] Cloaked in Silence and capture her once more an she'll be back.

Sounds fake but I swear it's legit.
Even if it’s not, it’s not like the mission is hard once you have the Brennan sniper rifle. I’ve already finished it once since seeing this post. Only takes 3 shots.

M3xus

kiwifarms.net
The Fragile Delivery quest in Nier. This entire game is out to mess with the player, but penalizing dodge rolls is crossing the line. What's next? Mandatory fishing quests?
Nope! Seed hybridizing!

No, I'm not kidding, you do that for the "Life in the Sands" quest. It is absolute bullshit and nobody will think lesser of you for not doing it.

The quest giver asks you for pink flowers. You cannot buy pink flower seeds for your farm, only red, gold, and blue. In order to get pink, you must first hybridize blue and gold to get indigo, then do so with red and indigo to get pink. It is 100% rng if you get the colors you will need, it takes three real-time days for the flowers to sprout, and the color is locked in the moment you plant the seed, so no save scumming, you pleb. The game never once let's you know you can even hybridize flowers like this.

Your reward is 10,000g. It is chump change at this point in the game.

Forgot to mention, there's a main quest dungeon you have to do where you're not allowed to perform certain actions or you have to do that section again. Have fun!

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
Nope! Seed hybridizing!

No, I'm not kidding, you do that for the "Life in the Sands" quest. It is absolute bullshit and nobody will think lesser of you for not doing it.

The quest giver asks you for pink flowers. You cannot buy pink flower seeds for your farm, only red, gold, and blue. In order to get pink, you must first hybridize blue and gold to get indigo, then do so with red and indigo to get pink. It is 100% rng if you get the colors you will need, it takes three real-time days for the flowers to sprout, and the color is locked in the moment you plant the seed, so no save scumming, you pleb. The game never once let's you know you can even hybridize flowers like this.

Forgot to mention, there's a main quest dungeon you have to do where you're not allowed to perform certain actions or you have to do that section again. Have fun!
I respect Nier for how ballsy it is regarding side quests. It's not terrible design, but a deliberate fuck you for 100% completion players and the general ridiculousness of doing unimportant shit during an apocalypse.

Mooger Meng

kiwifarms.net
Nope! Seed hybridizing!

I respect Nier for how ballsy it is regarding side quests. It's not terrible design, but a deliberate fuck you for 100% completion players and the general ridiculousness of doing unimportant shit during an apocalypse.
I remember this part from reading The Dark Id's LP of the original release. If you were aware of precisely how far its spiritual predecessor, Drakengard, was willing to go to spite the player, then you really wouldn't be all that surprised.
NieR really is a master class on how to tell a compelling story where everyone is a fucking idiot. Also, hating you, the one playing the game. Yes, you, specifically.

StraightShooter2

kiwifarms.net
I was playing Mega Man Zero on Steam today, and in one of the end stages, they don't even give you checkpoints after defeating sub-bosses (e.x. you have to beat 2 sub-bosses, and the stage boss all on 1 life - thankfully none of them were particularly hard).

Also, the fact that the games give "cyber elves" to collect which grant you special abilities - but if you're going for A/S rank, you're basically barred from using any of them is disappointing.

I think that MMX6 has been criticized for having stages which are impossible if you don't have the right gear equipped, as well as the possibility of permanently losing gear if the Reploids you're supposed to rescue are killed. There are also areas which force you to take damage in order to progress (and on the Xtreme difficulty, you don't even get any health powerups from enemies); one of the end bosses (called "Nightmare Mother" or "Nightmare King" also has attacks which are nearly impossible to avoid with certain gear equipped).

Considered HARMful

kiwifarms.net
In the original Diablo there were these bright yellow zombies that would PERMANENTLY decrease your max HP by 1 if they hit you.
Fuck Blizzard for that.
I'm not sure, but wasn't it patched out in the Hellfire expansion? I believe that also any sensible mod for Diablo 1 (example, Diablo: The Hell) patches this out.

Not that it isn't total bullshit of course...

AFormerFriend

Mr. Virginity
kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure, but wasn't it patched out in the Hellfire expansion? I believe that also any sensible mod for Diablo 1 (example, Diablo: The Hell) patches this out.

Not that it isn't total bullshit of course...
Gotta test that one for Hellfire but thanks for The Hell mod suggestion, it will be nice to have a chill playthroughout for once.

UPDATE: Just got hit by a Black Death a couple of times. Blizzard did NOT fix the damn thing in Hellfire.

Last edited:

YumeNoHero

kiwifarms.net
I was playing Mega Man Zero on Steam today, and in one of the end stages, they don't even give you checkpoints after defeating sub-bosses (e.x. you have to beat 2 sub-bosses, and the stage boss all on 1 life - thankfully none of them were particularly hard).

Also, the fact that the games give "cyber elves" to collect which grant you special abilities - but if you're going for A/S rank, you're basically barred from using any of them is disappointing.

I think that MMX6 has been criticized for having stages which are impossible if you don't have the right gear equipped, as well as the possibility of permanently losing gear if the Reploids you're supposed to rescue are killed. There are also areas which force you to take damage in order to progress (and on the Xtreme difficulty, you don't even get any health powerups from enemies); one of the end bosses (called "Nightmare Mother" or "Nightmare King" also has attacks which are nearly impossible to avoid with certain gear equipped).
To be fair, the first Zero game was Inti's first try on a Mega Man game and with all the flaws of the first game, subsequent games got better over time. They don't get shit on as much as Capcom did with X6 and X7 where a lot of design choices are made within a really short development time without Inafune's supervision.

How Battlefield 1 has butchered WWI.
They shouldn't have touched it. Its really, really hard to make a game about WWI- it's all hopeless doom and gloom.
Although Verdun did it justice, I think. Vast majority of players run around with bolt-action rifles or pistol/MG at best. Hardly a handful of players have exotic, but used, weapons like MP-18 or the dreaded M1897 Trench Gun.
Bf1 is a circus, this is probably the most blatant butchering of the real conflict I have seen, no joke. To be honest its so over the top ahistorical that its almost insulting.
WWI is one of the particular interests of mine and this just triggers my autism.

Mooger Meng

kiwifarms.net
Gotta test that one for Hellfire but thanks for The Hell mod suggestion, it will be nice to have a chill playthroughout for once.

UPDATE: Just got hit by a Black Death a couple of times. Blizzard did NOT fix the damn thing in Hellfire.
Of course they didn't. It was made by some Sierra sub-company/division and without Blizzard's say - apparently it was greenlight by their parent company over their objections to it. Kinda like how Activision keeps telling them to shut up and make games nowadays, but with a bit more sympathy in light of Blizz not having contracted terminal troon yet.