Biggest bullshit in a video game -

Ruin

Mercenary Slut
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There's some shit in the Nioh 2 DLC's. Lightning Gods of Yomi is the worst but there are like five bosses in a row that are absolutely ridiculous even by Soulsborne standards.

LinkinParkxNaruto[AMV]

I try so hard and got so far
kiwifarms.net
I love Ogre battle 64, one of my most beloved games ever but there is a lot of bullshit with the sidequests now that i am remembering about it.

In that game developing powerful units involves unlocking new classes and for those new classes you need new items, but finding those items can be obtuse, like knowing you need to enter with a female character specifically to a certain town or visiting a town at a specific time of day or night. You could be autistic as fuck and enter every town then revisit them all after a mission and still miss a side quest because you didn't enter with the proper kind of unit, the right character, at the right time or right date. Playing the game blind you are bound to miss stuff.

My favorite quest is a boy who lost his dog, if you enter his town with a unit with a dog beast and agree to give it to him in return he will tell you he has something for you and give you an elemental stone, a stone of Bane of all things. This child just randomly had the power of ultimate darkness just lying around and casually brings it up after you trade the dog lol, it is a very strong summon of dark magic so is a pretty funny quest really.

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
There's some shit in the Nioh 2 DLC's. Lightning Gods of Yomi is the worst but there are like five bosses in a row that are absolutely ridiculous even by Soulsborne standards.
I'd also put Nioh 1 dlc for being extremely hard unless you grind for post game gear. Considering most people will stop playing after beating the final boss, having to grind before being able to play is just annoying. I eventually quit after a level where you have samurai trench warfare, with near instant kill arrows if you're not below ground every 20 seconds, with sometimes the arrows bending fucking gravity to hit you, the level culminates in a battle against a ninja in a room with absolutely no cover, so you are fucked on every range.

Borax Bozo

Here until I can finally rest.
kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure, but wasn't it patched out in the Hellfire expansion? I believe that also any sensible mod for Diablo 1 (example, Diablo: The Hell) patches this out.

Not that it isn't total bullshit of course...
You may also not notice this at first since your HP does not display numbers by default, just a visual percentage!

YumeNoHero

kiwifarms.net
Armored Core: Last Raven, Distribution Center Recon mission. The mission starts out very simple, just eliminating small fries and progress to the end of the level. Once you get to the final area you will meet an AC called Bolt. Beside from his LX cannon that can nuke your AP to hell and generate shitload of heat on your AC, he's also very mobile and have OP-INTENSIFY. In fact, all AC enemies in Last Raven have it while the player don't. This mission is essentially the middle finger to any new player who doesn't have a save file from Nexus to import.

Another bigger bullshit in this game is the Ultimate Zinaida fight. She's super aggressive, raining bullets and rockets on you all while flying above you, making it really hard to keep her in your lock box. Oh and did I mentioned that all AC enemies in Last Raven has OP-INTENSIFY? Yeah she's going to fly forever with faster energy recovery and cooling, can fire both her arm weapons and back weapons at once if needed. This quickly turns into a DPS race where either you keep your distance, consistently hit her and win or she overheats and kills you in 30 seconds flat.

Agarathium1066

My sense of balance is busted.
kiwifarms.net
I love Ogre battle 64, one of my most beloved games ever but there is a lot of bullshit with the sidequests now that i am remembering about it.

In that game developing powerful units involves unlocking new classes and for those new classes you need new items, but finding those items can be obtuse, like knowing you need to enter with a female character specifically to a certain town or visiting a town at a specific time of day or night. You could be autistic as fuck and enter every town then revisit them all after a mission and still miss a side quest because you didn't enter with the proper kind of unit, the right character, at the right time or right date. Playing the game blind you are bound to miss stuff.
The biggest bullshit from Ogre Battle 64 personally was that you had to get good RNG to get a certain item drop from ONE battle (two if you intentionally take a dogshit path 'optional' path) in the entire game in order to make Dark Knights, which are (arguably) the intended strong frontline class for a chaotic unit. The game only gives you one automatically so you can very easily get screwed out of having more than one dark knight.. and it will still litter the game with weapons for the class.

Your back-up if you weren't willing to reload and fight the entire battle again was to have your frontliners become Ninja Masters.. who aren't good at taking any damage and drop off in terms of attack very, very quickly.

Without finding the convoluted as fuck methods to make a lich, arguably one of the best units in the game which you are limited to one of.. chaotic units are actually crap. Yet you will need them in your army if you want a good ending, and if you want your units to be anything other than 3 paladins and whatever bullcrap you toss in the back rows.

LinkinParkxNaruto[AMV]

kiwifarms.net
The biggest bullshit from Ogre Battle 64 personally was that you had to get good RNG to get a certain item drop from ONE battle (two if you intentionally take a dogshit path 'optional' path) in the entire game in order to make Dark Knights, which are (arguably) the intended strong frontline class for a chaotic unit. The game only gives you one automatically so you can very easily get screwed out of having more than one dark knight.. and it will still litter the game with weapons for the class.

Your back-up if you weren't willing to reload and fight the entire battle again was to have your frontliners become Ninja Masters.. who aren't good at taking any damage and drop off in terms of attack very, very quickly.

Without finding the convoluted as fuck methods to make a lich, arguably one of the best units in the game which you are limited to one of.. chaotic units are actually crap. Yet you will need them in your army if you want a good ending, and if you want your units to be anything other than 3 paladins and whatever bullcrap you toss in the back rows.
Wasn't that the same item that the one you do get through story progression on a level that is only one of 3 different options? That you need to choose that level specifically for that item is something you couldn't possibly know and could easily pick any of the two other options. There was also some nonsense with the unique characters you can recruit, like one won't join you unless you know that is the one enemy unit you should not attack in the map. I haven't played the game in many years but till remember fucking up a lot and finding out later how easily it was to sabotage my playthrough.

Lucky Strike Salesman

Enjoy The Smooth Toasted Flavor
kiwifarms.net
Casual matchmaking in games like overwatch or rainbow 6 that put me with lvl 20s and under when I'm a high level and then proceed to have the other team full of hundreds

Casual should put you with your own skill group to help new players improve off eachother without the penalty of comp

The Wizard

I have spells.
kiwifarms.net
Revisiting S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Skies, and I had forgotten how much bullshit the emissions are.

While I love the series, and I enjoy the sense of urgency that is introduced in the second game, that shit is just way too unpolished and imbalanced to remain within "challenging, but fair" territory. Instead, it results in a "Stop whatever you're doing, drop most of your stuff on the ground, and dash to some random place so you can wait five minutes, twiddling your thumbs" situation.

The safe spots are ridiculous. It makes zero sense that you could stand inside an open garage and survive a massive psychic wave, but not if you're inside an underground tunnel.

Don't get me started on rushing to enter a building, but some retard is standing in the doorway, saying "Whassup, stalker?" and refusing to move.

I'm just glad that they at least give you a chance to survive it with certain items, rather than being an instakill.

Agarathium1066

My sense of balance is busted.
kiwifarms.net
Wasn't that the same item that the one you do get through story progression on a level that is only one of 3 different options? That you need to choose that level specifically for that item is something you couldn't possibly know and could easily pick any of the two other options. There was also some nonsense with the unique characters you can recruit, like one won't join you unless you know that is the one enemy unit you should not attack in the map. I haven't played the game in many years but till remember fucking up a lot and finding out later how easily it was to sabotage my playthrough.
There's a million things to get in to with OB64's janky hidden characters. The item was a Valiant Mantle which is a filler item that you cannot upgrade. It's a filler item. Yes, you can get a potential 4th if you go to a particular battle but at the cost of at least one other unique character (if not potentially two, including the only Lycanthrope in game period) and all of the experience & items from the other two maps. Why? 'Cause there is a 'right' path that lets you do two of the three maps, if you choose the third option you are instantly locked out of them, no take-backsies without reloading.

The one you mentioned is Vad the Grappler, who is a unique(..ish) character that required you to ALSO do another multi-choice in maps the right order (Though this one is hinted at) and avoid killing him in the upcoming battle. That would seem reasonable until you find out that if you get in visual range of his unit Vad will beeline for your nearest unit and not stop attacking until he or it is dead. You have to take a circuitous route around his area or risk his actually solid unit in the midgame dealing out assbeatings then dying himself.

Frankly? No, he is not worth the effort.. you can say that about most of the rarer units in OB64.

LinkinParkxNaruto[AMV]

kiwifarms.net
Frankly? No, he is not worth the effort.. you can say that about most of the rarer units in OB64.
Its not so much effort when you know about it, i think he stays put on his base as long as you went to a different town first and a bridge gets blown up on you. Is still 100% bullshit because you can not foresee in any way what is the proper course unless you get really lucky and just happened to do it like that by chance. Probably true about him being not worthy, you get a few unique units that are kind of redundant by mid game if you were tending your army properly but some of them have nice gear.

For me is one of those games i would recommend but not for a blind playthrough, is better to make a checklist of the bullshit stuff so you can focus on the fun part of customizing and upgrading your army so you are not buttblasted in the late game.

Revisiting S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Skies, and I had forgotten how much bullshit the emissions are.

While I love the series, and I enjoy the sense of urgency that is introduced in the second game, that shit is just way too unpolished and imbalanced to remain within "challenging, but fair" territory. Instead, it results in a "Stop whatever you're doing, drop most of your stuff on the ground, and dash to some random place so you can wait five minutes, twiddling your thumbs" situation.

The safe spots are ridiculous. It makes zero sense that you could stand inside an open garage and survive a massive psychic wave, but not if you're inside an underground tunnel.

Don't get me started on rushing to enter a building, but some retard is standing in the doorway, saying "Whassup, stalker?" and refusing to move.

I'm just glad that they at least give you a chance to survive it with certain items, rather than being an instakill.

Clear Sky is worse than patched original and Call of Pripyat.
I cant think of any redeeming points.

Twitter Hate Mob

Actual size
kiwifarms.net
In the original Diablo there were these bright yellow zombies that would PERMANENTLY decrease your max HP by 1 if they hit you.
Fuck Blizzard for that.

I'm not sure, but wasn't it patched out in the Hellfire expansion? I believe that also any sensible mod for Diablo 1 (example, Diablo: The Hell) patches this out.

Not that it isn't total bullshit of course...

You may also not notice this at first since your HP does not display numbers by default, just a visual percentage!

There's actually a use for that though for Sorcerers (or Rogues at a stretch) abusing mana shield - every hit that would normally do x% of your total hp (I want to say it's 10%?) in damage causes the stun animation to play, and getting stunlocked is basically the only way you can actually die as a Sorcerer once you have mana shield and aren't broke.

The "workaround" to this is that instead of bothering with +hit recovery items is to instead let those yellow zombies drain your hp all the way down, because the stun animation doesn't play on any hit that would be calculated as killing you. This is because Diablo is a janky mess, but still brilliant.

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
There's actually a use for that though for Sorcerers (or Rogues at a stretch) abusing mana shield - every hit that would normally do x% of your total hp (I want to say it's 10%?) in damage causes the stun animation to play, and getting stunlocked is basically the only way you can actually die as a Sorcerer once you have mana shield and aren't broke.

The "workaround" to this is that instead of bothering with +hit recovery items is to instead let those yellow zombies drain your hp all the way down, because the stun animation doesn't play on any hit that would be calculated as killing you. This is because Diablo is a janky mess, but still brilliant.
Never played sorcerer outside of one attempt where I got phase early and teleported into a wall and got permanently stuck. Fucking russian jank spell.

StraightShooter2

kiwifarms.net
Clear Sky is worse than patched original and Call of Pripyat.
I cant think of any redeeming points.
There was a mod for the original STALKER called "Lost Alpha" which was supposed to be big and had a lot of hype, but from what I recall, the developers gave up on it or something and just released it in an unfinished state. It was glitchy, had terrible voice acting and cutscenes, and was basically just a "walking simulator" full of repetitive fetch quests and almost no actual combat or challenges.

Vapid_Idiot

kiwifarms.net
Casual matchmaking in games like overwatch or rainbow 6 that put me with lvl 20s and under when I'm a high level and then proceed to have the other team full of hundreds

Casual should put you with your own skill group to help new players improve off eachother without the penalty of comp
I have not played in years, but I remember this. It was very aggravating trying to explain to people how to play as their character while getting sniped by expert level Hanzos

There was a mod for the original STALKER called "Lost Alpha" which was supposed to be big and had a lot of hype, but from what I recall, the developers gave up on it or something and just released it in an unfinished state. It was glitchy, had terrible voice acting and cutscenes, and was basically just a "walking simulator" full of repetitive fetch quests and almost no actual combat or challenges.

Yes, Lost Alpha was barren to the max. Exspecially the later maps- the one you were forced to drive in Niva through with the terrible driving mechanics (really honestly trully it has nothing to do in Stalker and its for the best).
If you go around that map you'll find nothing. Just some military taking shots at you- remnants of the force that try to catch you while you drive- and several medium groups of mutants. And a rare artifact here and there. But the map is really big so its just wasted for nothing.
And this is just one of the examples of how boring and jank the Lost Alpha is. It's jank festival.

VIPPER?

kiwifarms.net
Found out Pathfinder Kingmaker has a fucking time limit. I get the reasoning why the time limit is there but I still find it bullshit to put time limits in long CRPGs where most people like to take their time and explore, not feeling stressed trying to rush through the game, miss out on a lot of side stuff and possibly risk losing tons of hours put into your character because you didn’t move fast enough. Bullshit
You should play Exile 3. The game never becomes unwinnable, but on the average first run of the game by the time you get into the real meat of the game after the tutorial caves, the world is basically in post-apocalypse and whole towns are wiped out by monsters.
24 hours? Even Square-Enix changed FFXI after players fought Pandemonium Warden for 18 hours (and lost), and I have several other posts in this thread that show just how bad the bullshit FFXI can get. They didn't eat the entire time and then threw up after losing, and there were articles about "Final Fantasy XI makes players physically sick", and very shortly thereafter SE announced that Pandemonium Warden (and Absolute Virtue) were going to be redesigned to have a time limit of 2 hours and be beatable in that time. Pretty terrible when even the FFXI dev team would say, "Wow, that's too much".
GT2 wasn't an MMO. It couldn't exactly be patched, and GT's game structure means you don't have to do every event anyway. It's also a reference to real life endurance events. That said though, even LeMans requires a 3 driver minimum and stipulates maximum driving time. But there's stuff like 24 Hours of Lemons that's allowed to be solo-driven and contact/wrecking is discouraged but expected. GT also had its own little bit of drama since overheating PS2s was common when trying even the shorter endurance races. ("shorter" being relative)

They also kept the 24h events in GT3 and 4 iirc, but it was gated behind doing weird System Link bullshit. Thinking about it now, it's probably so you're intended to have a buddy or two in the room so you won't die irl of being a gamer. I think Forza 4 didn't have endurance races by default but the online race custom lobby rules definitely allowed it.