Culture Billy Mitchell accused of faking his record D.K score - Justice for Steve Weibe

LocalFireDept

kiwifarms.net
Using MAME is really questionable without corroboration, though, because you could do anything from slow down the virtual CPU and with it the gameplay to outright rewinding and erasing mistakes. So it makes sense to dump this result unless it was performed under some kind of scrutiny.
Even when legitimate, emulation can sometimes be inaccurate. See how the level is rendered in MAME vs actual hardware. There's no "good" SNES emulator for this reason, because it's hard to be cycle accurate. This is why emulation is more than often disqualified, even if there is no cheating. Some things may only be possible because of emulation oversights.

EDIT: I thought I should add to this: sometimes emulators are accepted if they are provided by a first party, such as Nintendo's Virtual Console. However, certain things are still different from real hardware. To use Paper Mario as an example, some crashes caused by floating point exceptions don't occur on the Virtual Console version because, unlike the N64 hardware, the instructions can be executed without overflowing the hardware registers. There are some categories for emulation, but typically only if they are officially licensed.

A perfect emulator would also accurately emulate imperfections and quirks of hardware.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Super Collie

Sperglord Dante

Useless Guato
kiwifarms.net
A perfect emulator would also accurately emulate imperfections and quirks of hardware
The "perfect" emulation set up would also have to include a monitor with the appropriate refresh rate and controls that reproduce the input lag of the original hardware.

Some guys in the Street Fighter community tried the multiple console re-releases of SFIII, all of them official Capcom products, and found they had different lengths of input lag.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Marvin

tehpope

privacytools.io | prism-break.org
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"Perfect" emulation takes a lot of raw hardware power to accomplish. There's emulation of DICE (discrete logic components in the circuit board) machines from the 70s and they require specs to that of Modern Gaming to get running well. Purest seem to be moving from Software emulation to FPGA hardware emulations. And even then, those are only as good as the designers of the FPGAs to get working in cycle order.

see http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulation_Accuracy

• Informative
Reactions: Super Collie

Spellskite

kiwifarms.net
Thank fucking lord, I was hoping to see a thread on this. TG is a bunch of losers circlejerking over their egos and past fame, and they've been up to scummy shit for ages. Todd Rodgers just had all his WR's from the site (verified by a guy in jail for raping an underage girl) blown the fuck out, so I only hope this trend continues and they all get exposed for being hack frauds.

On a side note, you all should check out the documentary Chasing Ghosts. Its a great look at the arcade scene, and it shows where most of these people ended up. Comedy gold if you're into seeing washed up losers preen about how great they are.

Slightly off topic, but here is Todd Rodger's response to getting caught cheating:
1517531911102.png
And here is one of those examples of a TOTALLY LEGITIMATE SCORE GUYS:
1517537351022.png

neger psykolog

moon goons for communism detection
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Splendid

Castigat ridendo mores
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They just stripped Todd Rogers? I think the video that conclusively proved that he must have cheated came out like a few months ago, and before that, several of his other records were marked as extremely questionable or definitely impossible, like having a record in a game that increments your points by 10 that is not divisible by 10.

Asperchewy

Make Microsoft Paint Great Again
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They just stripped Todd Rogers? I think the video that conclusively proved that he must have cheated came out like a few months ago, and before that, several of his other records were marked as extremely questionable or definitely impossible, like having a record in a game that increments your points by 10 that is not divisible by 10.
The speculation was built up within boundaries, now its all out erupting at once. A climatic end that was squashed months ago, just caught the light of unknowing autists.

CIA Nigger

"IT'S NOT A FETISH MOM"
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Even when legitimate, emulation can sometimes be inaccurate. See how the level is rendered in MAME vs actual hardware. There's no "good" SNES emulator for this reason, because it's hard to be cycle accurate. This is why emulation is more than often disqualified, even if there is no cheating. Some things may only be possible because of emulation oversights.

EDIT: I thought I should add to this: sometimes emulators are accepted if they are provided by a first party, such as Nintendo's Virtual Console. However, certain things are still different from real hardware. To use Paper Mario as an example, some crashes caused by floating point exceptions don't occur on the Virtual Console version because, unlike the N64 hardware, the instructions can be executed without overflowing the hardware registers. There are some categories for emulation, but typically only if they are officially licensed.

A perfect emulator would also accurately emulate imperfections and quirks of hardware.
The System11 crowd has their own solution to the issue: When posting high scores they will usually post which version of the game they played, and in some cases which specific version of MAME they used. There's a reason they'd do that too: Getting a real PCB for many of these games can range from anywhere from around $500 for a more common/less in demand game to $1800 for a PCB, while a PS3 disc of the same game can only cost around $60.

Due to the nature of shmups and how input lag can really change how the game is played, lots of MAME forks that claim to slash input lag are often used by pro players. MAME also with some drivers is notorious for not emulating slowdown properly, for example games on the Cave SH3 driver would run with zero slowdown rendering the game unplayable at times (as the developers used slowdown as a gameplay mechanic).

For example, the scores for DoDonPachi have for many scores which MAME version/fork was used or which port was played. Furthermore, just like with fighting games, ports can range from arcade accurate to having so much slowdown scores aren't even comparable, and the Gradius and II scoreboard illustrates this well.

Asperchewy

Make Microsoft Paint Great Again
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And here is one of those examples of a TOTALLY LEGITIMATE SCORE GUYS:
View attachment 375106
"In addition to the Dragster record, Rogers held records in multiple games, many of which were thousands of points greater than anyone else on Twin Galaxies’ leaderboards. These included a 15 million-point score in Atari 2600’s Donkey Kong (SEE BELOW) and a score of 65 million points on Centipede (SEE BELOW) for Atari 5200. These scores drew criticism in the past, although Twin Galaxies had allowed them to stand until today’s decision."

Donkey Kong's highest score As of today is 1,230,100 by Robbie Lakeman:
autisim kong.png

This is the most current high score for Centipede on Atari 5200, 58,078 by John Marks:
centipede.png

The fact that Todd's scores are not only unjustified, but are nothing less then absolutely out of this world, is a pure sign of elitist/protective autism among this dust encrusted community.

Unlike many Twin Galaxies old men, nowadays people stream live their attempts to glory:

Last edited:

Bender

I bend stuff, usually the truth.
kiwifarms.net
LOL, and now he's fucking suing Twin Galaxies for removing his scores.

Demand Letter

List of evidence

We could be looking at another lolsuit here, lads.

I can't upload the evidence file here because it's too big, but I have it downloaded just in case.

Edit: Mega link for the evidence.

Attachments

Last edited:

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I once met a trust fund faggot who bragged about buying a DK cabinet just to try to get on this level and because he was too dumb to mame. Like literally he said he couldn't make mame work so he bought a machine.
I assume he's drowned by looking up during the rain by now.

Ebonic Tutor

"Shitposting at any cost."
kiwifarms.net
I once met a trust fund faggot who bragged about buying a DK cabinet just to try to get on this level and because he was too dumb to mame. Like literally he said he couldn't make mame work so he bought a machine.
I assume he's drowned by looking up during the rain by now.
Mame actually changes things about the game, little things like timings and such for the most part,

• Agree
Reactions: XYZpdq

ForTheHoard

Mocha Butt Fleshlight
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Mame actually changes things about the game, little things like timings and such for the most part,
According to Twin Galaxies, John McCurdy holds the current Donkey Kong world record for both Arcade and MAME. His arcade score is 1,259,000, and his MAME score is 1,185,500. If there is a drastic difference between the two, the arcade cabinet is producing slightly better scores.

MAME
1568251221780.png

Arcade
1568251248248.png

Nick Gars

Ravioli ravioli, I am a faggitoli
kiwifarms.net
LOL, and now he's fucking suing Twin Galaxies for removing his scores.

Demand Letter

List of evidence

We could be looking at another lolsuit here, lads.

I can't upload the evidence file here because it's too big, but I have it downloaded just in case.

Edit: Mega link for the evidence.
Here's hoping he loses the lawsuit and is out time and money.

Billy Mitchell is a punk and an asshat, if there's any justice in this world, this lolsuit will blow up in his smug face.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino