Binance to block US customers -

Particle Bored

I am made out of toothpicks and glue
kiwifarms.net

I'm wondering how diligent they will be... Will they just go by IP or by KYC data. I already did KYC when I signed up early last year. If it's just IP then no biggie, but who knows. I'm pretty sure I did KYC and can still use one or two other exchanges that claim they cant serve the US.

Also, what coins will we be able to transfer to their new upcoming US exchange? Maybe the block won't matter if we can just move everything over.

And of course: BNB... to dump or not to dump?

Guess we just have to wait for more details.

Last edited:

Kazami Yuuka

Enjoy the ment
kiwifarms.net
Not a big deal, there is virtually zero exchange loyalty anyway.
Anybody with a brain only uses Binance for purchases only, and at the very least, sends their coins to a strictly crypto-crypto exchange (that can flout AML/KYC more easily).

Particle Bored

kiwifarms.net
Not a big deal, there is virtually zero exchange loyalty anyway.
Anybody with a brain only uses Binance for purchases only, and at the very least, sends their coins to a strictly crypto-crypto exchange (that can flout AML/KYC more easily).
Recommendations? I've personally never bought on Binance (I assume you mean fiat to crypto), but def do most of my trading there. I don't think they even had a fiat buying option when I signed up.

Particle Bored

kiwifarms.net
Is there a more detailed reason why they are doing this? Is it for political or moral reasons?

This article suggests this:
I'm sure it's for legal reasons. There are a number of exchanges that ostensibly say they can't provide services to US customers (and various other countries) (eg, I believe BitMEX prevents US users from margin trading). I'm not well enough versed to know the legal framework.

CrunkLord420

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Binance is probably blocking US customers since they don't KYC. It's probably just an IP block, just like BitMEX or Deribit.

Kazami Yuuka

Enjoy the ment
kiwifarms.net
Recommendations? I've personally never bought on Binance (I assume you mean fiat to crypto), but def do most of my trading there. I don't think they even had a fiat buying option when I signed up.
If you have BNB, use that up to transfer your holdings to another exchange, since Binance will do 50% off txs if you opt to pay it in BNB. Preferably one that doesn't have fiat to crypto.

Is there a more detailed reason why they are doing this? Is it for political or moral reasons?

This article suggests this:
My personal theory I thought of is they want to make sure everything is "clean". Since they are going to be launching a US service (according to some), they are going to do their best to avoid FinCEN and other spooks. The easiest way to do that is to disallow the transfer of crypto into the exchange, making it a purchase and transfer out only exchange. This way, all of the bitcoin in the exchange is "clean". They'll probably drop support for any "privacycoins" or any coin that doesn't have a fully public ledger. From there, they will continue doing the industry standard of monitoring your transactions up to three hops. If you send it to another exchange, they probably won't care. But any gambling or mixers, and they'll be on you pretty quick. Same with known suspicious wallet addresses (e.g. anything posted on darknet vendors).

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Particle Bored

mindlessobserver

kiwifarms.net
I dont follow bitcoin but every time I see you guys talk about Binance I see this thread as I scroll by and think of Spurdo. Get a chuckle every time.

CrunkLord420

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's what US-based BitMEX and Deribit traders do. Though on BitMEX they actually permanently flag your account with a huge ass red warning message if you log in via a US IP ever. They used to only block initial registration IP and didn't care about general login IP.

They also reserve the right to liquidate all your positions if they catch you, I haven't heard of them withhold any funds though. Binance is a spot market so if they catch you, be prepared to have to withdraw your ultra-shitcoins to wallets that barely work.

• Informative
Reactions: Syndrome of a Down
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino