BitChute is not at all decentralized or peer-to-peer, despite its claims -

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

I should be working

Someone in the office keeps stealing my pens.
kiwifarms.net
neo-Nazi Youtube
So is the only qualification you need to be considered Neo-Nazi now a days that you offer your services publically and to everyone without censoring people political opinions?

Fuck! The more I learn about Neo-Nazis, the more I fucking love them.

In practice, this means that every “free speech alternative” to a mainstream social media site is full of neo-Nazis and other undesirables.
So the answer to this is Censorship. Remove the undesirables from the platform, only allow the "right" and the "good" to speak.
As a man who takes it up the ass I just want to point out that this is the same shit I had to put up with from Christians when talking about gay rights.

"Ooh ooh, When the founding fathers wrote in free speech they never imagined that so many Sodomites would be abusing it."
Sound fucking familiar!?

I'm a mother fucking freespeech extremist.
EVERYONE should have the right to say what they want, from the fucking Moslem to the Jew to the wheelchair bound furry Neckbeard.
We already allow undesirables like troons to spew their garbage at everyone, so give the skinheads the same fucking platform.

W00K #17

Boy Man God Shiiiit
kiwifarms.net
Basically some of what I'm getting from your article is unfettered free speech inevitably leaves to alt right and hateful people gathering (of course it does, plenty of good things have negative side effects) in places where its allowed.

Am I also right in thinking that perhaps part of you feels that people really shouldn't be able to say whatever they want? That words have the kind of power to change society where perhaps some level of censorship is truly what's right for the greater good? Should people be barred from saying things which might be harmful to society?

I'm only trying to further understand you as a human and make sense of your story arc as a character, Mr. Brennan.

Last edited:

copypaste

ayylmao
kiwifarms.net
Then why include all the alt-right/neo-nazi stuff on Bitchute?
It's the cost of entry, like it or lump it. I wanted to get this into a pseudo-respectable publication, not just my Steemit blog. (Both Bellingcat and Motherboard (Vice) turned the story down, one as I wasn't willing to wait until after Thanksgiving, the other as they didn't think BitChute was relevant enough politically yet.) I ended up succeeding in the end though, Daily Dot bit. Thank you Shorenstein Center!

Soap Sniffer

Uninstall real life
kiwifarms.net
Posted
To put some meaning back into the word "decentralized": to make it not a slogan, but rather a statement of technical reality. "Peer-to-peer" should mean I'm actually downloading from peers, it's not a hip buzzword. At least Napster actually was P2P, BitChute is a masquerade.
No one is going to believe you made this for that reason.

eldri

oogity boogity boo motherfucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's the cost of entry, like it or lump it. I wanted to get this into a pseudo-respectable publication, not just my Steemit blog. (Both Bellingcat and Motherboard (Vice) turned the story down, one as I wasn't willing to wait until after Thanksgiving, the other as they didn't think BitChute was relevant enough politically yet.) I ended up succeeding in the end though, Daily Dot bit. Thank you Shorenstein Center!
So when will you lump the farms in with the alt-right so you can get further ahead?

A Cardboard Box

kiwifarms.net
>wants to get into a semi respectable publication
>tried to get it into Vice

You're so full of shit your eyes are probably brown. If you are going to try and censor people quit fucking concern trolling. Be honest. Enough with the intellectual dishonesty. If you don't want people that don't agree with you to be able to talk just fucking say that, quit hiding behind "but really I'm trying to make the world a better place! Honest!"

copypaste

ayylmao
kiwifarms.net
Basically some of what I'm getting from your article is unfettered free speech inevitably leaves to alt right and hateful people gathering (of course it does, plenty of good things have negative side effects) in places where its allowed.

Am I also right in thinking that perhaps part of you feels that people really shouldn't be able to say whatever they want? That words have the kind of power to change society where perhaps some level of censorship is truly what's right for the greater good? Should perhaps people be barred from saying things which might be harmful to society?

I'm only trying to further understand you as a human and make sense of your story arc as a character, Mr. Brennan.
It's easily provable. Let's assume users want the largest number of other users to see their posts. If YouTube had BitChute's policies, neo-Nazis, et cetera, would just use YouTube, BitChute would be essentially Dailymotion.com, a competitor without a raison d'être.

But neo-Nazis (& other "undesirables") aren't allowed on YouTube, so they choose the largest place they're allowed to gather. This by itself means Gab, BitChute, etc., are full of Nazis, even with perfectly politically neutral moderation. Those making makeup tutorials prefer YouTube: they can earn an income and their content is allowed there. To upload your makeup tutorials to BitChute exclusively is to hurt yourself economically, only a zealous partisan would do it. So, that's why BitChute serves as a repository for everything banned from YouTube and not much else.

Unog

You're a nog.
kiwifarms.net
So when will you lump the farms with the alt-right so you can get further ahead?
As soon as he can, I'm sure. He's already badmouthed the farms on a recent appearance on a podcast.

>wants to get into a semi respectable publication
>tried to get it into Vice

You're so full of shit your eyes are probably brown. If you are going to try and censor people quit fucking concern trolling. Be honest. Enough with the intellectual dishonesty. If you don't want people that don't agree with you to be able to talk just fucking say that, quit hiding behind "but really I'm trying to make the world a better place! Honest!"
You're expecting this sniveling weasel to be honest? The guy who kept up the /hebe/ board on 8chan for "free speech" reasons? The guy who's currently seeking succor from a place he's called a "stalking forum"? The same guy who's turned on every single principle he's publicly touted for reasons that nobody can really fathom?

No, if this pathetic creature were ever capable of honesty he's certainly not capable of it now. Don't bother asking for it for you'll get none.

inexplicable ethos

kiwifarms.net
It's easily provable. Let's assume users want the largest number of other users to see their posts. If YouTube had BitChute's policies, neo-Nazis, et cetera, would just use YouTube, BitChute would be essentially Dailymotion.com, a competitor without a raison d'être.

But neo-Nazis (& other "undesirables") aren't allowed on YouTube, so they choose the largest place they're allowed to gather. This by itself means Gab, BitChute, etc., are full of Nazis, even with perfectly politically neutral moderation. Those making makeup tutorials prefer YouTube: they can earn an income and their content is allowed there. To upload your makeup tutorials to BitChute exclusively is to hurt yourself economically, only a zealous partisan would do it. So, that's why BitChute serves as a repository for everything banned from YouTube and not much else.
You're even being yellow here. You just typed up a whole post answering this guy's thesis statement (which he himself points out is true in his post) as if it was a question instead of answering any of his actual questions. I have a hard time believing you read his post and thought that THIS was a good, accurate response.

copypaste

ayylmao
kiwifarms.net
So when will you lump the farms in with the alt-right so you can get further ahead?
I would advise Null not to make a cryptocurrency ;) or any false technical claims.

This place has enough enemies. They'll discover any tea long before I could hope to.

Right now I'm researching Gab. Torba is definitely an interesting character. I think there's a story there, but exactly "about what" I'll keep to myself for now.

Tags
None