BitChute is not at all decentralized or peer-to-peer, despite its claims -

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

A Cardboard Box

kiwifarms.net
I would advise Null not to make a cryptocurrency ;) or any false technical claims.

This place has enough enemies. They'll discover any tea long before I could hope to.

Right now I'm researching Gab. Torba is definitely an interesting character. I think there's a story there, but exactly "about what" I'll keep to myself for now.
I think you believe yourself to be significantly more clever than you actually are.

inexplicable ethos

kiwifarms.net
I would advise Null not to make a cryptocurrency ;) or any false technical claims.

This place has enough enemies. They'll discover any tea long before I could hope to.

Right now I'm researching Gab. Torba is definitely an interesting character. I think there's a story there, but exactly "about what" I'll keep to myself for now.
Are false technical claims as big of an offense as technically false claims? Such as knowingly inaccurately stating that someone suffers from senility?

crocodilian

K. K. K. Rool
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
tl;dr BitChute serves as a repository for everything banned from YouTube and not much else.
The amount of things Youtube deems banworthy continues to rise. It bans comments on videos (apparently) aimed at children. It bans "supremacist content", which spans everything from Johnny Rebel songs to investigative journalism. It bans people who watch streamers and use emojis. It bans right-wing pundits. It bans children.

Youtube is doing its very best to play mediator and gatekeeper, eager to appease the lowest common denominator, and it's failing tremendously. This is why Bitchute has a shot at relevancy despite its terrible name and "neo-nazi" base.

eldri

oogity boogity boo motherfucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So you're choosing to not be an enemy of the farms because there's already enough and it will take you too long for you to find dirt on Null and the farms?
If you said, "I wouldn't betray Null because he is my friend" people's concern would lessen but obviously this is not the case.

Also, "tea", are you preying on teenage girls on Tik Tok?

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
BitChute should have just told the truth from the beginning: they're just as centralized as vid.me or Vimeo, all the WebTorrent woo was a failed attempt at creating differentiation where none existed. All their GitHub contains is some silly cryptocurrency which they don't use in their operation.

Instead they lied to everyone. Their infrastructure is probably vulnerable to deplatforming as a result, if someone were to pursue it, as they are not decentralized at all.
Who fucking cares? The only reason you don't like it is some SJW bullshit about the alt-right dressed up in some mockery of technical concerns.

W00K #17

Boy Man God Shiiiit
kiwifarms.net
It's easily provable. Let's assume users want the largest number of other users to see their posts. If YouTube had BitChute's policies, neo-Nazis, et cetera, would just use YouTube, BitChute would be essentially Dailymotion.com, a competitor without a raison d'être.

But neo-Nazis (& other "undesirables") aren't allowed on YouTube, so they choose the largest place they're allowed to gather. This by itself means Gab, BitChute, etc., are full of Nazis, even with perfectly politically neutral moderation. Those making makeup tutorials prefer YouTube: they can earn an income and their content is allowed there. To upload your makeup tutorials to BitChute exclusively is to hurt yourself economically, only a zealous partisan would do it. So, that's why BitChute serves as a repository for everything banned from YouTube and not much else.
So it's to be an endless cycle of platforms banning shit, then the people affected by said bans moving to another platform, before that one starts a purge as well, and so on and so forth.

And we're also to expect that these people consuming and producing this content, who already see themselves as marginalized "victims" of corporate censorship wont use this as a way to spread and further their narrative of being the only ones who speak the truth and point to big tech erasing them as a way to support that narrative.

Look, I shitpost for lulz plenty but I tend to agree with you that people who are all down with some nazi shit are generally hateful dangerous morons. However censoring them and trying to make them not exist while also screeching about how dangerous they are is only going to embolden that type of person and give legitimacy to them in the eyes of even more people who might be exceptional enough to agree with their claims.

copypaste

ayylmao
kiwifarms.net
Look, I shitpost for lulz plenty but I tend to agree with you that people who are all down with some nazi shit are generally hateful dangerous morons. However censoring them and trying to make them not exist while also screeching about how dangerous they are is only going to embolden that type of person and give legitimacy to them in the eyes of even more people who might be exceptional enough to agree with their claims.
Nowhere in my article do I call for BitChute to be shut down, or for laws to change which make running it impossible legally. Such determinations are far beyond anything I could hope to achieve, even if I wanted to.

Vlinny Chan

💖You melt my heart~ Let me be you angel~💖
kiwifarms.net
Daily reminder that Hotwheels would lie to you and throw you under a bus if it benefited him. He's literally making it harder for you to have the ability to say nigger and call people trannies on the internet for your own amusement without getting arrested because he doesn't think that's very funny.

mr.moon1488

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Who fucking cares? The only reason you don't like it is some SJW bullshit about the alt-right dressed up in some mockery of technical concerns.
Lol aside from this anyway, the facade of siding with the main stream sites versus smaller sites over "honesty" is laughable when you consider how dishonest the mainstream sites have actually been. Almost all of them have practiced shadowbanning in some form or the other. Facebook has whored off its users data to the highest bidders. Jewtube has turned a blind eye to pedophiles using its site, and really considering how much money they make from other people's content, their rates are a joke. Twatter has been caught allowing bots to exist, which has screwed over advertisers there, and they have even turned a blind eye to ISIS accounts in the past. Google has favored friendly sites in search results, and levied memeworthy lawsuits against competitors in the past in addition to cooperating with China over censorship. This is only shit I can think of off the top of my head, and shit that's actually made it out to the public.

X Prime

kiwifarms.net
Well, is he, or is he not? What kind of dishonest weasel writes something like that?
...wait a minute.

It's the cost of entry, like it or lump it. I wanted to get this into a pseudo-respectable publication, not just my Steemit blog. (Both Bellingcat and Motherboard (Vice) turned the story down, one as I wasn't willing to wait until after Thanksgiving, the other as they didn't think BitChute was relevant enough politically yet.) I ended up succeeding in the end though, Daily Dot bit. Thank you Shorenstein Center!
Was the Shorenstein Center just using this mentally defunct and dying cripple to push propaganda via citations? That seems like it should be illegal somehow, but eh.

W00K #17

Boy Man God Shiiiit
kiwifarms.net
Nowhere in my article do I call for BitChute to be shut down, or for laws to change which make running it impossible legally. Such determinations are far beyond anything I could hope to achieve, even if I wanted to.
Fair enough, although the tone of the article seems to imply you would prefer these places not exist. And past things you have said have left me with the impression you're in favor of censoring controversial sounding boards. But I do agree you're correct in that you did not explicitly say that you think bitchute should be shut down.

Although, it's possible to advocate for censorship without the removal of an entire platform. You can ban the controversial people from a platform and leave the platform itself. As you said, they'll just move somewhere else though. Probably even more extremist and sure in their cause, and with more "look at big brother coming down on us" ammo for them to use in convincing awkward young people to swallow that red pill.

copypaste

ayylmao
kiwifarms.net
Why even post this here? Kiwifarms isn't exactly a great place to disseminate this sort of information and you certainly were aware before posting it that you aren't well liked here.
It's the type of article that would be posted in this subforum. I feel it's a type of historic first, first reporter to post their own article to the Farms. I also am the first party to a legal complaint to post their own complaint here.

In short, it's fun.

Tags
None