Black Lagoon - If John Woo and Quentin Tarantino made an isekai anime

Oban Kamz

in the darkest hours of the night
kiwifarms.net
some of the dialogue was cringey and i hated the scene were balilika shot some chink on her office floor rug, ruining it. id have to say that the neo nazi episodes were my favorite, evil dracula twins arc felt out of place. over all the show was pretty good and i give it a 9/10

fry face

• Agree
Reactions: soy_king

Uncanny Valley

I think the survivors would envy the dead!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hate to ruin the OP for about half of you, but apparently Benny's a (((one of Trump's Chosen People))). Not particularly surprising, since according to our Oriental friends, Southern Italians are apparently blondes and Romanians look like they come from Finland.
I DON'T CARE I LOVE HIM

Fougaro

Glow in the dark K/DA Popstar
kiwifarms.net
I'm happy to see that there are still patricians around with good tastes in anime. :heart-full: And I'm also happy to see Balalaika getting so much love.
I heard it came out of hiatus last September.
I should have mentioned in the OP that the author Rei Hiroe is notorious for taking his sweet time. The last arc The Wired Red Wild Card, which started back in 2014, concluded just recently.

• Feels
Reactions: Oban Kamz and Draza

Absolutego

Burning in the Melting Pot
kiwifarms.net
I should have mentioned in the OP that the author Rei Hiroe is notorious for taking his sweet time. The last arc The Wired Red Wild Card, which started back in 2014, concluded just recently.
Hiroe's tendency to abruptly take 5 years off every time he finishes a tankoubon is the main thing holding back both the manga and any anime adaptations. Every time I bring up the series to other fans, everyone thinks it was a brief thing that existed near the tail end of the 2000's that hasn't been touched since.

Uranus Pink

kiwifarms.net
some of the dialogue was cringey and i hated the scene were balilika shot some chink on her office floor rug, ruining it. id have to say that the neo nazi episodes were my favorite, evil dracula twins arc felt out of place. over all the show was pretty good and i give it a 9/10
Rei Hiroe (TEX-MEX) had done a SFW Black Lagoon doujin shortly after the first anime season end showing the Black Lagoon story is a show within a show as even he thought it got a little too bleak in the second half.

Hugbox Kommissar

You wouldn't download an ideology
kiwifarms.net
Really enjoyed it even if or because I'm a baka gaijin who prefers dubs to subs.

Also the 90s weapons and tech were A+.

Absolutego

Burning in the Melting Pot
kiwifarms.net
I love how the OP omitted the Italian AND the Colombian mobs from the Roanapur overview, given they are beyond useless and spent the entire series being slaughtered in increasingly humiliating fashion by psycho killer tweens and maids. And I guess one time a tween maid.

• Agree
Reactions: Fougaro

Fougaro

Glow in the dark K/DA Popstar
kiwifarms.net
I love how the OP omitted the Italian AND the Colombian mobs from the Roanapur overview, given they are beyond useless and spent the entire series being slaughtered in increasingly humiliating fashion by psycho killer tweens and maids. And I guess one time a tween maid.
In Total War: Roanapur they are the NPC minor factions. I don't know what else I could have said without spoiling too much to potential newcomers. As you said, Roberta (and later Fabiola) reenacts Terminator on the Colombian cartel and the Italians find out why hiring psychopaths is very irredeemably pantsu on head exceptional idea. Maybe the Italians will get more relevant with Ronnie "The Jaws" in this arc.

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I love Black Lagoon so much its one of my favorite animus. Its actually incredibly popular but suffers from 'Beserek Syndrome' where the Manga author basically took a forever hiatus. So it'll probably be years before season 3 ever gets released.

Hate to ruin the OP for about half of you, but apparently Benny's a (((one of Trump's Chosen People))). Not particularly surprising, since according to our Oriental friends, Southern Italians are apparently blondes and Romanians look like they come from Finland.
lol, have you ever watched anime before? Japan is portrayed as super awesome on the world stage and a lot of anime makes the US either incompetent, villainous or non-involved unless its the focus. This goes for other countries as well, unless they're in the main plot. Which is understandable, because its entertainment, for you know, the Japanese. We do the same shit.

The Italian Mob in the show is also portrayed as basically newbs who just arrived at Roanapur who have no idea how things work, which is why they're incompetent. The Russian mob and the Triad have been there way longer.

And finally, instead of having a harem of annoying and shallow girls, Rock has developed a very interesting relationship with his co-protagonist Revy. It isn’t necessarily the romantic or even sexual subtext that is the most interesting aspect of their interactions, but rather how their personalities are rubbing off on each other as the series progresses. I’ve even seen people saying that the relationship between Rock and Revy is the true protagonist of the series.
The best part of their relationship is that Revy is looking for someone, anyone who is good and decent, because she's never known anything like that in her entire life. Obviously she never tactfully admits this but its shown in her actions. Which is why she's drawn to Rock and never wants him to kill anyone.

I know people don't like the OVA, but you basically see why Revy is drawn to him when she basically punches him at the end for walking the line between light and dark way too close. She implies that if he fell over the edge, she'd never want anything to do with him ever again. Their relationship is my favorite part. Revy for best girl.

soy_king

Now with 1000% more estrogen!
kiwifarms.net
I love Black Lagoon so much its one of my favorite animus. Its actually incredibly popular but suffers from 'Beserek Syndrome' where the Manga author basically took a forever hiatus. So it'll probably be years before season 3 ever gets released.

lol, have you ever watched anime before? Japan is portrayed as super awesome on the world stage and a lot of anime makes the US either incompetent, villainous or non-involved unless its the focus. This goes for other countries as well, unless they're in the main plot. Which is understandable, because its entertainment, for you know, the Japanese. We do the same shit.

The Italian Mob in the show is also portrayed as basically newbs who just arrived at Roanapur who have no idea how things work, which is why they're incompetent. The Russian mob and the Triad have been there way longer.

The best part of their relationship is that Revy is looking for someone, anyone who is good and decent, because she's never known anything like that in her entire life. Obviously she never tactfully admits this but its shown in her actions. Which is why she's drawn to Rock and never wants him to kill anyone.

I know people don't like the OVA, but you basically see why Revy is drawn to him when she basically punches him at the end for walking the line between light and dark way too close. She implies that if he fell over the edge, she'd never want anything to do with him ever again. Their relationship is my favorite part. Revy for best girl.
How exactly is me saying that the Japanese don't seem to understand what average people from non-Asian countries actually look like in any way related to your spergy-ass rant? All I said was that they seem to think Trump's Chosen People look like California surfer bros, Italians are apparently Germans with spray-on tans, and Romanians look like they are about as melanated as an Icelandic albino; I said nothing about my feelings for the OVA.

Clones of Alex Jones

Deus Ex Wasn't a Game it Was a Prophecy
kiwifarms.net
Black Lagoon to me is second only to Cowboy Bebop Anime. Rei Hireo maybe be a slow writer but he has been releasing new chapters every other month recently. r/blacklagoon on reddit has been pretty for updates and for linking fan translated chapters. The new arc is focused on Dutch. A French black organization has come to Roanapur to hunt down Dutch for his past demons. Hopefully This Arc doesn't take 8 years to finish.

Black Lagoon Strength as an action anime has to be it's characters and in particular Revy. She's really the main character to me Rock really seems to exist as a everyman and moral center until Roberta's blood trail. One thing the OVA did get right was how it showed Revy's past.

I will also include reference drawings of Revy by Rei Hireo and a blog with one Light Novels Translated by Gen Urobuchi no less (Psycho Pass and Madoka Magica) Light Novel.

Attachments

Reactions: Fougaro
Tags
None