Black Lagoon - If John Woo and Quentin Tarantino made an isekai anime

For another great anime in the Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon vein with mature storytelling and a more western feel, check out Baccano!

How exactly is me saying that the Japanese don't seem to understand what average people from non-Asian countries actually look like in any way related to your spergy-ass rant? All I said was that they seem to think Trump's Chosen People look like California surfer bros, Italians are apparently Germans with spray-on tans, and Romanians look like they are about as melanated as an Icelandic albino; I said nothing about my feelings for the OVA.

Anime characters in general are often racially ambiguous.

CharlesFosterOffdensen

Go shit in your hat
Has this series made any progress at all since like 2014? Feel like there was never really any weight or stakes to be had at any point.

Don't get me wrong, I like the manga/anime overall (its also the ONLY anime where the dub is better than the sub) but it felt like several disjointed ministories jumbled together rather than a large, overarching plot.

R.A.E.L.

Blind spider waifu
I read some of the manga a while back and ended up dropping it. Revy's edgyness was too much for me.

I don't think it's a bad series, I just unfortunately got bored of it and couldn't get invested. Not my thing I guess.

Clones of Alex Jones

Deus Ex Wasn't a Game it Was a Prophecy
Has this series made any progress at all since like 2014? Feel like there was never really any weight or stakes to be had at any point.

Don't get me wrong, I like the manga/anime overall (its also the ONLY anime where the dub is better than the sub) but it felt like several disjointed ministories jumbled together rather than a large, overarching plot.
It's had some new chapters but it moves as slow as Berzerk. I said the flaw of the series is that it doesn't move the characters enough and the end of each almost reverts them to the status quo after a certain point. It has the pieces to be good but doesn't put them togther well enough and move towards something intresting after the second Roberta arc starts.

Punished Benis

Rooting for autism
Goddamn, been forever and a day since I checked in on Black Lagoon. They finally finished Wild Red Wild Card? Eh, probably wait til the new arc finishes before going back in. Want a full arc after this long.

When my wife and I were teenagers, we'd occasionally lock ourselves in a cabin for the weekend with some whiskey, a carton of cigarettes, and an anime box set. Black Lagoon has some... Very special memories attached.

Also, Sawyer is best waifu.

make_it_so

Just watching all this shit
You know what sold me on this series?

It wasn't the gunplay, the car chases, the swearing, or any of the over the top action sequences.

No, what sold me on this series was this moment right here:

"That's all I know how to do!"

Behind all her badassness, all her bluster, all her her cursing and killing - Revy hates herself. She hates the hand she was dealt in life, hates her lifestyle, hates that the only thing she has to offer the world is the ability to hurt and kill people, and at that moment hates that someone is judging her for it. It's a short yet fascinating peek behind the curtain of a character, and how they interact with someone that's trying to reach them.