Black Lives Matter (more than everyone else's...) -

The Lizard Queen

Lizard boobs. Your argument is invalid.
kiwifarms.net
So I'd say the Black Lives Matter movement has officially reached lolcow status.

upload_2015-9-2_20-23-17.png

At least, it's getting up there in the level of irrational nonsense they're starting to spew. I'd say they deserve their own thread, because its starting to get silly. No matter what you think about civil rights, it is clear the BLM movement seems to be the milkshake bringing all the exceptional individuals to the yard, so feel free to mock them.

http://blacklivesmatter.com/

I can only think what Martin Luther King would say about all this...

IT'S OPEN SEASON ON WHITE PEOPLE & WHITE COPS

Last edited:

AnimuGinger

Schmuck in Scrubs
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I do think the blacklivesmatter movement has a lot of legs to stand on. However, as with any group, some members go to extremes, such as protesting of all people, Bernie Sanders.
As Bernie Sanders is a white man, he is in a position where they feel no shame in interrupting and protesting him, despite him having a unique possibility to impact their lives for the better. That's one of the things they take issue with, that he as a white man shouldn't be the one who saves them, that they can save themselves.

But in the end, they just come off as asshats.

Splendid

Ignore mods. Report and negrate their posts.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
What is "BlackLivesMatter" even about? Honestly, I keep seeing it pop up but not enough to finally make me bother googling it.
It's about complaining every time a black person dies prematurely as part of a narrative that whitey secretly hates black people, even when whitey isn't a white guy.

Last edited:
B

BT 075

kiwifarms.net
It's this group of people that manages to conveniently frame every instance of a black person dying a violent death as a hate crime. I mean I get that the police does a lot of questionable stuff but it's not an act of racism on par with slavery every time a black person dies.

The Lizard Queen

Lizard boobs. Your argument is invalid.
kiwifarms.net
It's this group of people that manages to conveniently frame every instance of a black person dying a violent death as a hate crime. I mean I get that the police does a lot of questionable stuff but it's not an act of racism on par with slavery every time a black person dies.
They seem fixated on this Ferguson/Michael Brown thing. If I was going to make a stand in the name of racial equality, Mike Brown is not the hill I'd want to die on. He was a bully and a thug who habitually pushed around and stole from people who could not stand up to him, and then he tried to attack a cop (according to witnesses and forensic science) and got his ass shot. But, "Unarmed Black Teen Killed By White Cop" makes a better headline in the news than "Petty Thief Shot While Attempting to Assault Police Officer."

TyrannoNinja

Diagnosed sperg
kiwifarms.net
I agree that this should go into the general SJW thread. And whatever may be said of Michael Brown, or certain individuals associated with the movement, I believe that police brutality and racism are valid issues to be worried about.

I will say that the "All Lives Matter" comeback is pretty moronic. It was obvious to me from the get-go that "Black Lives Matter" is protesting the devaluation of African-American lives, not necessarily endorsing the devaluation of non-black lives (which, again, isn't to say you can't cherry-pick a few SJWs who say precisely that).

Splendid

Ignore mods. Report and negrate their posts.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I will say that the "All Lives Matter" comeback is pretty moronic. It was obvious to me from the get-go that "Black Lives Matter" is protesting the devaluation of African-American lives, not necessarily endorsing the devaluation of non-black lives (which, again, isn't to say you can't cherry-pick a few SJWs who say precisely that).
The problem is that the average person tweeting #BlackLivesMatter, frankly IS devaluing non-black lives. It's not exactly cherry-picking if the idiots are the majority.

MrTroll

I know you can read MY thoughts, boy
kiwifarms.net
From what I've seen, some #BlackLivesMatter supporters get kinda butthurt when you point out blacks aren't the only minority at higher risk of police brutality. Something seems fucky about that.
Being an oppressed minority is a lucrative racket and nobody wants to share their niche or brand. It's the same reason that (some) Jews get mad when you point out the numerous other victims of the Holocaust.

Tags
None