Black Lives Matter (more than everyone else's...) -

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I buy into it. I even buy into the idea that Black lives are devalued by society at large.

But the organization is too much in the vogue of Farrkahn/Sharpton and advoactes the death of police officers
Their absolute inability to choose victims who actually deserve to be defended can't be ignored either. I get that not everyone shot by a cop is going to be a saint and most of them aren't, but when they're literally rioting to support a fucking child molester, my patience runs out entirely.

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Agreed.^

So many of the people they choose to defend were clearly guilty. Why do they pick them?
Well, the issue is that guilt largely isn't at issue here. It's a principle thing. The cops have to do their best to bring in suspects alive. Guilt is not determined on the street but in a courtroom.

BLM pick these people because they're looking for literally anyone killed by a cop to support their argument. Literally anyone. They're emotionally teenagers (and frequently actual teenagers), and teenagers are attracted to dogmatism. It's that kind of autistic, one-size-fits-all worldview that is so appealing to them.

Dogmatism: Cops should take bullets once in awhile if it means bringing in a child molester with a gun alive.
Pragmatism: Eh, when the gun comes out, I'm not going to be that broken up if the child molester ends up in a body bag. (And furthermore, it'll waste our time and hurt our cause.)

This is why responsible adults need to be in charge of political movements. Teenagers on social media are frequently damaging.

Edit: For the record, I do agree with the general principle. Just BLM's application of it is spergy. Again, teenagers.

Last edited:

Broseph Stalin

Smoke a Fed for St. Herkster
kiwifarms.net
Their absolute inability to choose victims who actually deserve to be defended can't be ignored either. I get that not everyone shot by a cop is going to be a saint and most of them aren't, but when they're literally rioting to support a fucking child molester, my patience runs out entirely.
I've yet to see or hear anything about them solving the issue of black-on-black crime, the shitfest in Chicago, etc. They're just ethnic nationalists, plain and simple.

IwegalBadnik

kiwifarms.net
So I ran into this video from an incident a few months back:

In this video, a black kid on a bike is seen being grilled by a short female police officer after riding through an area where doing so is prohibited. When confronted by her for a citation, he refuses to give the officer his ID, claiming he "dindu nuffin." He proceeds to argue with her for a bit, invites her to arrest him and then tries to ignore her and ride off. When the officer moves to restrain him, the guy resists the officer and grabs her.

After that bit, he is a little mellower as she begins to cuff him and a second cop arrives. He assists the first officer and they eventually get him into cuffs and, after some difficulty, get him to sit down. Apparently the guy in the video-Jordan Lloyd--is facing a misdemeanor charge for resisting arrest. (as of June)

Considering Lloyd's conduct, it isn't exactly a prime scenario for BLM to move in on--it's still amusing to see the claims of "racism!" though after he literally attacked a woman cop who was substantially smaller than him. This is why BLM isn't taken seriously--because in cases like these the guys involved are begging for the cops to use force on them.

KingGeedorah

The Monster From Planet X
kiwifarms.net

In this video, a black kid on a bike is seen being grilled by a short female police officer after riding through an area where doing so is prohibited. When confronted by her for a citation, he refuses to give the officer his ID, claiming he "dindu nuffin." He proceeds to argue with her for a bit, invites her to arrest him and then tries to ignore her and ride off. When the officer moves to restrain him, the guy resists the officer and grabs her.

After that bit, he is a little mellower as she begins to cuff him and a second cop arrives. He assists the first officer and they eventually get him into cuffs and, after some difficulty, get him to sit down. Apparently the guy in the video-Jordan Lloyd--is facing a misdemeanor charge for resisting arrest. (as of June)

Considering Lloyd's conduct, it isn't exactly a prime scenario for BLM to move in on--it's still amusing to see the claims of "racism!" though after he literally attacked a woman cop who was substantially smaller than him. This is why BLM isn't taken seriously--because in cases like these the guys involved are begging for the cops to use force on them.
I mean I could care less who is in the right, but couldn't she have just let him go with a warning and just avoided the whole issue? I understand riding a bike on the sidewalk is DANGEROUS, but this cop isn't the best at deescalating a situation with someone like the perp, who clearly is retarded and wouldn't respect his own mother.

This situation honestly just reminds me of Spec Ed teachers dealing with the hyper autistic kids who won't listen to anything.

• Agree
Reactions: Marvin

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Disagree. You do not have to carry ID in the United States as a general practice. The cop was wrong about that. This is an example of the police misunderstanding the limits of their authority. Every time people show me videos like this, demonstrating blatant police incompetence, it pisses me off as a taxpayer.

You picked a bad example to highlight BLM's misplaced priorities. "He grabbed her!" isn't remotely shocking to me.

I mean, when people bring up examples of some dude waving around a gun and getting shot? Sure, I'm totally on board with that. I saw a bunch of protesters with "Justice 4 Korryn" tshirts and I had a big belly laugh. But I don't care about this bike incident. The cop induced it by fucking up in her duties.

Why isn't "he grabbed her" shocking to me? Well, primarily because there's an effective, well tested solution for dealing with that: the legal system. You touch a cop inappropriately, you go to jail. It happens all the time. Some dude getting handsy with a cop isn't remotely a problem in need of a solution.

Cop calmly explains: sir, riding your bike on the sidewalk is against the law. I'm going to have to cite you. Can I see some ID?
Worked up negro gentleman: what, no, I wasn't doing anything!!! No I'm not giving you any ID
Cop continues: If you do not wish to provide identification, I'll need to arrest you.

Last edited:

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Disagree. You do not have to carry ID in the United States as a general practice. The cop was wrong about that. This is an example of the police misunderstanding the limits of their authority. Every time people show me videos like this, demonstrating blatant police incompetence, it pisses me off as a taxpayer.
You can be required to identify yourself. That doesn't mean you're required to have papers or ID proving that you are who you say you are.

IwegalBadnik

kiwifarms.net
I mean I could care less who is in the right, but couldn't she have just let him go with a warning and just avoided the whole issue? I understand riding a bike on the sidewalk is DANGEROUS, but this cop isn't the best at deescalating a situation with someone like the perp, who clearly is exceptional and wouldn't respect his own mother.

This situation honestly just reminds me of Spec Ed teachers dealing with the hyper autistic kids who won't listen to anything.
I suspect things were probably at that point prior to the video beginning and that he'd talked his way out of a warning.

As far as warnings go--your own quip that the guy probably "wouldn't respect his own mother" is precisely why this conduct can't be let go. If she let him go after that sort of reaction, he'd just repeat it again--likely under some other sort of situation.

Why isn't "he grabbed her" shocking to me? Well, primarily because there's an effective, well tested solution for dealing with that: the legal system. You touch a cop inappropriately, you go to jail. It happens all the time. Some dude getting handsy with a cop isn't remotely a problem in need of a solution.

Cop calmly explains: sir, riding your bike on the sidewalk is against the law. I'm going to have to cite you. Can I see some ID?
Worked up negro gentleman: what, no, I wasn't doing anything!!! No I'm not giving you any ID
Cop continues: If you do not wish to provide identification, I'll need to arrest you.
My point with mentioning that he grabbed her is that she could have chosen another alternative--simply gunning him down--and probably been labelled justified in doing so. Considering how the woman cop compared to him, she could probably have blasted him and skated just by claiming to have been intimidated by him and threatened when he did what he did. Doing what he did would have likely forfeit any chance he had of walking clean of this in court while carrying the above risk too. This could have become something like the other incidents the thread has covered if it'd gone a little further and that's unfortunate.

As far as how the cop handled the situation--it's difficult to say anything definitively because the encounter started before the video's own start. The cop was green as a pasture--that's rather obvious--but I don't see anything outwardly wrong about what was done. She was not going after him for refusing to provide his ID, she was moving after him because he was trying to leave (thus preventing her arrest of him should she have wanted to go that route).

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: lolwut

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You can be required to identify yourself. That doesn't mean you're required to have papers or ID proving that you are who you say you are.
Oh yeah, my wording was intentional.
My point with mentioning that he grabbed her is that she could have chosen another alternative--simply gunning him down--and probably been labelled justified in doing so.
That's the problem. I think it's really shitty that people accept "welp, he touched her, she shot him, it's OK". I also believe people only accept that excuse selectively. ie "my son deserved a jail sentence for assaulting the cop, not a bullet; the poor trashy person assaulting a cop should've known better".
The cop was green as a pasture--that's rather obvious--but I don't see anything outwardly wrong about what was done. She was not going after him for refusing to provide his ID, she was moving after him because he was trying to leave (thus preventing her arrest of him should she have wanted to go that route).
It's a customer service issue. When the guy says "I'm not going to show you my ID", he's legally allowed to take that option. That's just how things are. Since that's the case, she should react professionally. Badgering the dude isn't going to change his mind. It just pisses people off. Just tell him you'll arrest him if he doesn't provide identification. Calmly tell him this and let him choose his response. He's a big boy, he can make up his own decision.

Jaimas

A Terrible Case of Explosions
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So I did some research on these guys recently, and thought I'd share my findings. I first started looking into it courtesy of a friend of mine, who would not shut the fuck up about how awesome a philosopher the founder of BLM was. I looked into it, and holy shit, I was not prepared for what I found - though color me completely unsurprised.

The woman who began the BLM ideology, Joanne Deborah Chesimard, known better as Assata Shakur, AKA the person who basically began the "all White people are racist" shit that currently permeates the movement, is quite the fucking character. In fact, she's many characters, as she has used, as of this writing, close to twenty four different ones, and that's just that the FBI currently has on-file:

Federal Bureau of Investigations said:
Assata Shakur, Joanne Byron, Barbara Odoms, Joanne Chesterman, Joan Davis, Justine Henderson, Mary Davis, Pat Chesimard, Jo-Ann Chesimard, Joanne Debra Chesimard, Joanne D. Byron, Joanne D. Chesimard, Joanne Davis, Chesimard Joanne, Ches Chesimard, Sister-Love Chesimard, Joann Debra Byron Chesimard, Joanne Deborah Byron Chesimard, Joan Chesimard, Josephine Henderson, Carolyn Johnson, Carol Brown, "Ches"
The more perceptive among you might have noticed that the source on that statistic was none other than Law Enforcement. Why might this be? Well, fact is, this individual is a terrorist, bank robber, and murderer:

Joanne Chesimard is wanted for escaping from prison in Clinton, New Jersey, while serving a life sentence for murder. On May 2, 1973, Chesimard, who was part of a revolutionary extremist organization known as the Black Liberation Army, and two accomplices were stopped for a motor vehicle violation on the New Jersey Turnpike by two troopers with the New Jersey State Police. At the time, Chesimard was wanted for her involvement in several felonies, including bank robbery. Chesimard and her accomplices opened fire on the troopers. One trooper was wounded and the other was shot and killed execution-style at point-blank range. Chesimard fled the scene, but was subsequently apprehended. One of her accomplices was killed in the shoot-out and the other was also apprehended and remains in jail.

In 1977, Chesimard was found guilty of first degree murder, assault and battery of a police officer, assault with a dangerous weapon, assault with intent to kill, illegal possession of a weapon, and armed robbery. She was sentenced to life in prison. On November 2, 1979, Chesimard escaped from prison and lived underground before being located in Cuba in 1984. She is thought to currently still be living in Cuba.
She is still #3 on the FBI's ten most wanted list. BLM pays homage to this disgusting human being at every fucking rally they host.

76LD910

Non Casual Observer
kiwifarms.net
BLM Toronto has made a spectacle of themselves recently.

One of their leaders called Justin Trudeau a white supremacist and the same woman who said that has made tweets in the past where she called white people "defects" and that they should be "wiped out". It's gotten so bad that even the fucking Huffington Post has posted an article calling for her to step down.

The Toronto police have also pulled out of the local pride parade because the organization gave into BLM's demands that police floats not not be allowed.

And this is all just in the last week.

Wallace

Cram it in me, baby!
kiwifarms.net
Movements like BLM are highly incentivized to pursue the most controversial possible incidents, and not at all incentivized to make things better. Scott Aaronson explains it in greater detail here.

This reminds me... Accidental Courtesy is showing on PBS tomorrow night. It's a good documentary, worth it to see someone fighting racism without the social media bullshit and to see an angry BLMer get put in his place.

• Informative
Reactions: Cryin RN

Lackadaisy

ZA FOOL
kiwifarms.net
Movements like BLM are highly incentivized to pursue the most controversial possible incidents, and not at all incentivized to make things better. Scott Aaronson explains it in greater detail here.

This reminds me... Accidental Courtesy is showing on PBS tomorrow night. It's a good documentary, worth it to see someone fighting racism without the social media bullshit and to see an angry BLMer get put in his place.
Wow! What a cool guy Daryl Davis is. That's really interesting that he seeks out these racists and tries to get to know them on a personal level.

• Agree
Reactions: Cryin RN

AtrocityVoyeur

Menschliches, Allzumenschliches
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So I did some research on these guys recently, and thought I'd share my findings. I first started looking into it courtesy of a friend of mine, who would not shut the fuck up about how awesome a philosopher the founder of BLM was. I looked into it, and holy shit, I was not prepared for what I found - though color me completely unsurprised.

The woman who began the BLM ideology, Joanne Deborah Chesimard, known better as Assata Shakur, AKA the person who basically began the "all White people are racist" shit that currently permeates the movement, is quite the fucking character. In fact, she's many characters, as she has used, as of this writing, close to twenty four different ones, and that's just that the FBI currently has on-file:

The more perceptive among you might have noticed that the source on that statistic was none other than Law Enforcement. Why might this be? Well, fact is, this individual is a terrorist, bank robber, and murderer:

She is still #3 on the FBI's ten most wanted list. BLM pays homage to this disgusting human being at every fucking rally they host.
She's hiding in Cuba and the senior Senator from New Jersey routinely calls for her to be extradited. Were she ever to be extradited she'd be dead within hours. People have long memories about that shit.

Tags
None