'Black Panther' loses its 100% Rotten Tomatoes score - Irish Independent's Ed Power scores it 3/5, "rotten".

• Fediverse: The Kiwi Farms is running a Fediverse Node, which is like Twitter but decentralized between many individual providers, similar to email. Feel free to sign up and follow me. There are many more services we federate with, and you will see all that content with one account. (Feedback thread.)

Upgrade: I am expecting that hardware upgrade at about Noon EST. I am doing preperative work before that. This may result in site issues. IMMINENT.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toilet_rainbow

like a monster truck in the nightlife
kiwifarms.net
Saw it. It's a typical Marvel movie.

Hahaha

"THIS MOVIE THAT DEPICTS A VILLAIN WANTING TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD, EXPLOIT HIS HOME COUNTRY, CAUSE A WORLD WAR AS BAD AND COUNTLESS DEATHS AS BAD, DATS RACIST"

Jesus christ, black twitter is so fucking dumb.
Some people in my audience cheered the villain on whenever he ranted the "fuck whitey" stuff. How dense do you have to be to not notice that that's being portrayed as a bad thing?

Dingus Bing Bong

Shunned for Islamophobia.
kiwifarms.net
Today I was called out using "cracker speak" on FB because I said that "from the trailers i've seen, the special effects look a bit over the top and too fake so it would probably ruin the movie for me."

What I learned today:
1. If you have any black friends, do not say anything other than "this is/will be the best fucking movie I have ever seen in my entire life.
2. I'm literally HITLER.

tehpope

privacytools.io | prism-break.org
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
how will this film fare outside of white savior lands? even i think this won't make some big thing in Europe.
BoxOfficeMojo is saying the Foreign revenue is at $169 million, but they don't list how much each country is earning.

https://archive.li/CTx7x

It doesn't come out in China until March and I predict its gonna bomb.

Last edited:

Ruin

Big tiddy Nazi GF
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think my favorite thing about Black Panther is nogs and hipsters assuming tribal nigs would be able to successfully mine the corpse of an alien God and reverse engineer it's advanced technology to become kangz instead of simply sitting in the dirt and worshiping it like when something like this happened in real life.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cult

Real_Liberian

a real liberian
kiwifarms.net
I must say, I enjoyed the blatant pandering and wish-fulfillment. There's something intrinsically appealing about the idea of rollin' in a flying saucer, with spears and shit.

I can't help but feel a little exploited by the whole affair, though. It squicks me out that rich whites and Hollywood Jews would create something like this with the express intention of awakening some kind of African racial conscience. I suspect that if a group of people want another group of people to act in a certain way, then it can only be to the benefit of that first group. I'm sick of my brothers being used as a sort of demographic battering ram, to assault and weaken the foundations of American society.

ForTheHoard

Mocha Butt Fleshlight
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I must say, I enjoyed the blatant pandering and wish-fulfillment. There's something intrinsically appealing about the idea of rollin' in a flying saucer, with spears and shit.

I can't help but feel a little exploited by the whole affair, though. It squicks me out that rich whites and Hollywood Jews would create something like this with the express intention of awakening some kind of African racial conscience. I suspect that if a group of people want another group of people to act in a certain way, then it can only be to the benefit of that first group. I'm sick of my brothers being used as a sort of demographic battering ram, to assault and weaken the foundations of American society.

Cactus Wings

Coughing for Cash
kiwifarms.net
"Uh boys, we need to invent a black hero. This apartheid-crap is ruining our Cap A"

"Okay but, what should his weakness be? Like Ironman's heart"

"Well we can't empower him if he's weak.. What if he's like, smarter than Stark, stronger than Cap A and has literally no weakness, but also king of an African empire and access to infinite magi- Vibranium?"

I can already imagine this shit turning into a national holiday. The tribe gathers to awroo about their savior and king. Nevermind the fact the movie is boring as shit, or that rich old white men put together a cast of black people to exploit the kangs.

Ponderous Pillock

Welcome to Triple T, Tards, Troons and Trolls!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There is something high amusing about a high tech society which still decides its leaders by a fucking battle to the death. Rather than peaceful democratic elections.

Yet there's all the black folks shrieking about how amazing it is and how they want to move there.

Which I can kind of see why as it's a proper popcorn movie with a nearly totally black cast and this is a fairly big moment. Luther certainly felt similar here and also got itself a film.

Also, for those curious Black Panther posted $24.79 million in the opening weekend for the UK in a month typically seen as a dead zone outside of romance movies. Making it one of the bigger opening UK weekends for a February movie in Marvel movies it's beaten by Avengers Assemble and Avengers Age of Ultron.

After that it's some Pixar movies, James Bond, Star Wars and Harry Potter flicks which had stronger opening weekends. It's hovering around the #20 mark.

Maxliam

Professional Niggo
kiwifarms.net
"Uh boys, we need to invent a black hero. This apartheid-crap is ruining our Cap A"

"Well we can't empower him if he's weak.. What if he's like, smarter than Stark, stronger than Cap A and has literally no weakness, but also king of an African empire and access to infinite magi- Vibranium?"

I can already imagine this shit turning into a national holiday. The tribe gathers to awroo about their savior and king. Nevermind the fact the movie is boring as shit, or that rich old white men put together a cast of black people to exploit the kangs.
That's what cracks me up the most. Then they demand 25 percent goes to black charities. Yeah, no. That's not how movies work. You bought a ticket, shut the fuck up, watch the movie, and leave.

Ineedahero

kiwifarms.net
There is something high amusing about a high tech society which still decides its leaders by a fucking battle to the death. Rather than peaceful democratic elections.
Everything about Wakanda suggests that without vibranium it would be no different than the rest of Africa. I'm surprised there isn't any salt from people about that, because I'd be pretty insulted personally.

Luther certainly felt similar here and also got itself a film.
Please don't compare Luther to this, Luther is an outstanding show on its own merits.

OwO What's This?

𝒻𝓊𝒸𝓀
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

this is like, literally the point of the source material. the (white) author wanted to make people uncomfortable to play on people's inner racist that wouldn't be as rustled if the super powerful mary-sue people were all white.

he went fucking crazy with it and it rustled many, many jimmies.

the movie is so watered down by comparison that it just looks like incompetent storytelling. it really loses the impact it had prior.

Herbert Hoover

Voted "Best President of 1931"
kiwifarms.net
So I've seen the movie, and overall it was pretty good. Kind of different from a normal Marvel movie but still good.

The theater me and my friends went to wasn't at all crowded which seemed weird for opening weekend. Then again it was kinda in the middle of nowhere.

My favorite part about the movie is that the main bad guy is basically Black Lives Matter rolled into a person. And that the movie's message is that people shouldn't try and fight their oppressors and instead work with them to make everyone's lives better. I wonder how many heads that message is going to fly right over.

tehpope

privacytools.io | prism-break.org
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So the earning for the 4 day weekend is predicted to be $235 mil. Disney keeps revising the 3 day stats and its now at $201 million.

Jetpack Himmler

Grizzled Culture War Veteran
kiwifarms.net
So the earning for the 4 day weekend is predicted to be $235 mil. Disney keeps revising the 3 day stats and its now at $201 million.
Looking to 2019, I wonder if the Mouse is going to learn the wrong lesson from Black Panther and try to market Captain Marvel to the Tumblr crowd. A lot of the press it has been getting (from what I saw on Comic Book Resources) has been looking that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino