'Black Panther' loses its 100% Rotten Tomatoes score - Irish Independent's Ed Power scores it 3/5, "rotten".

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiggerNits

Yankee vampire living off the blood of the poor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
For people who have seen this: is it better than the first ironman?
No. It's about in line with the Marvel Netflix stuff like Dare Devil and Jessica Jones. Not bad, just not a lot of fun or much spectacle to it. The best part is the villain (who is the only person with clear motivations, just like the netflix stuff) Slogs pretty hard in parts though but the pay off isn't bad. The action felt pretty "meh" overall but it wasn't shaky cam, so it wasn't terrible.

It's like a B- that could have gone to a B or C+ with just one or two small changes

Nazi vegeta

tfs vegeta
kiwifarms.net
Nah.

It's better than Thor 2, but what metric is that?
I was just curious if it was actually on par, with the best non coral marvel movie, (my opinion at least, about iron1)
at least if we talk about the first wave. I havent seen thor2 or cap2, so I cant speak on those.

Stock Photo James

kiwifarms.net
Pretty much. The “smarter” you are in the marvel universe, the bigger the selfish, hoarding asshole you are.

Also, fuck Black Panther.
Just give us the same kind of movie, but with Dr. Doom/Latveria instead of Black Panther/Wakanda.
And make Reed Richards the villain, because he really is one,

View attachment 386910
Is Latveria some sort of robotic killer infested Latvia? Because it would be really cool to see some Eastern European / Slav superhero action. Especially since that Russian superhero movie turned out to be an absolute piece of trash riddled with plot holes, lack of originality, and emotionlessness.

Super Collie

spuper colly :D
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Thank you @OwO What's This? for unlocking my thread after that dastardly @LikeicareKF shut it down and conned me into posting nudes in exchange for re-opening it (which he didn't). (:_(

Since I'm the OP of this thread and have been involved with trying to steer it on course I guess I should be the first to apologize for encouraging off topic "film sperging" and doing things like comparing Black Panther to some of the more historical films that the movie's Rotten Tomatoes "rating" suggests it's as good as. That wasn't really supposed to be the focus of the thread, we were supposed to be laughing at the dumbasses on Twitter going "HOW DARE THIS *WHITE MAN* GIVE THIS MOVIE ABOUT THE BEAUTIFUL WAKKA-LAKKA-DING-DONG CULTURE A ROTTEN SCORE". I acknowledge that what I was doing wasn't really in the spirit of the Salt Mine and was contributing to the worsening of this forum's atmosphere.

That said, I really feel like the salt here has probably run its course. Black Panther has been in theaters for a week now and everyone who was going to give it a negative review has already done so, and all of the mindless social justice drones on social media who were going to flip their shit over it have also followed suit and done so too. I thought about locking this thread myself (since I started it), but as the thread starter my only moderation option is to delete it which I don't want to do. So I guess if there are any salt stragglers post 'em up, otherwise this thread is probably toast in two weeks. :drink:

Xerxes IX

Remove Kebab is a meme of peace
kiwifarms.net
Thank you @OwO What's This? for unlocking my thread after that dastardly @LikeicareKF shut it down and conned me into posting nudes in exchange for re-opening it (which he didn't). (:_(

Since I'm the OP of this thread and have been involved with trying to steer it on course I guess I should be the first to apologize for encouraging off topic "film sperging" and doing things like comparing Black Panther to some of the more historical films that the movie's Rotten Tomatoes "rating" suggests it's as good as. That wasn't really supposed to be the focus of the thread, we were supposed to be laughing at the dumbasses on Twitter going "HOW DARE THIS *WHITE MAN* GIVE THIS MOVIE ABOUT THE BEAUTIFUL WAKKA-LAKKA-DING-DONG CULTURE A ROTTEN SCORE". I acknowledge that what I was doing wasn't really in the spirit of the Salt Mine and was contributing to the worsening of this forum's atmosphere.

That said, I really feel like the salt here has probably run its course. Black Panther has been in theaters for a week now and everyone who was going to give it a negative review has already done so, and all of the mindless social justice drones on social media who were going to flip their shit over it have also followed suit and done so too. I thought about locking this thread myself (since I started it), but as the thread starter my only moderation option is to delete it which I don't want to do. So I guess if there are any salt stragglers post 'em up, otherwise this thread is probably toast in two weeks. :drink:
I'd say the brunt of the salt is over because both "Black Panther is a perfect movie and if you don't like it you're racist" and "black people were dicks to me for not liking the movie" are being mocked now.

• Agree
Reactions: FierceBrosnan
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino