Blast From The Past - When you hear a song you haven't heard in years

Trombonista

Merger of the Double Posts
Staff Member
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
On my way home from work tonight I heard this song on the radio:
This was one of my favorite songs when it first came out, and I think the last time I heard it was over a decade ago.

A couple weeks earlier I heard this song, which is a Spanish version of a song I listened to in high school Italian class:

Has anyone else recently had a musical trip down memory lane?

Erida

weaponised by the patriarchy
kiwifarms.net
I fairly recently watched the hotel season of American Horror Story and rediscovered my love of She Wants Revenge's Tear You Apart. I was annoyed I'd forgotten about it for almost a decade.

Thanks to YouTube recommendations I also rediscovered Röyksopp ft Karin (from The Knife) - What Else Is There?

Vex Overmind

I killed XXXTentacion
kiwifarms.net
Jesus I haven't heard Blow Me Away by Breaking Benjamin ever since I used to watch Halo machinimas on my computer all day.

Trilby

I got stupid cool hip-hop style!
kiwifarms.net

I first heard this in some movie when I was a kid, and the sax hook stuck with me all my life. Heard it again at work this morning as I was following a bunch of shady methheads to keep them from taking things. Felt it appropriate to the situation.
Speaking of things you heard countless times as a kid, for me, two songs that always stuck in my head, due to being played on the radio constantly while I was in the car with my mom going to school were Eddie Rabbit's "I Love A Rainy Night" and Kenny Rogers/Dolly Parton's "Islands in the Stream".

Every time I think of these two tunes, I think back to those car rides in the rain.

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net
Back when I was 13 I used to listen to this song while eating gummi bears:
Haribo macht Kinder froh
Haribo macht Kinder froh
Haribo macht Kinder Froh
Haribo macht Kinder...
FROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH!!!!

In all seriousness, there are a few songs that had mesmerized me as a kindergardener, but I've never known the name of them or their bands till a couple months ago (God bless the internet):

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino