Blast From The Past - When you hear a song you haven't heard in years

LagoonaBlue

Harriet Louise Connor (No bully; have Autism)
Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net
For context - I'm not an 80s kid but I grew up listening to a lot of 80s music thanks to my parents.

This came on the radio recently I hadn't heard it in a while.

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I legitimately love Was (Not Was) and Walk the Dinosaur.
Thank you, it was more a chance of me finding that tape since those $1 tape bins in those days often was a lot of oldies and whatever else they could sell and often you may find one or two recent stuff show up. Love to see a vinyl reissue that throws in a few extra goodies for good measure (maybe a gatefold cover and a DVD with those music videos)!

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anyone who grew up during the days when they were really pimping environmental themes like recycling may have seen this video, either on MTV or as short PSA's elsewhere. I didn't realize they even ported this to theaters too, but then I guess I didn't catch it locally at the time!

TwinkleSnort

Welcome to The Twilight Zone.
kiwifarms.net
Anyone who grew up during the days when they were really pimping environmental themes like recycling may have seen this video, either on MTV or as short PSA's elsewhere. I didn't realize they even ported this to theaters too, but then I guess I didn't catch it locally at the time!

Thanks for sharing this; actually hadn't seen it before now.

Quite an eclectic mix of personalities from back in the day - everyone from Kenny Loggins to Lita Ford. Funky tune, too. I like it when my environmental propaganda is informative AND groovy.

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Thanks for sharing this; actually hadn't seen it before now.

Quite an eclectic mix of personalities from back in the day - everyone from Kenny Loggins to Lita Ford. Funky tune, too. I like it when my environmental propaganda is informative AND groovy.
Oh it is. I forgot they had MC Skat Kat in this too. When I was in college a radio station there had this Maxi-Single CD of the song and additional PSA's they used to play on the radio. I recall one of them had a woman I don't recall her name telling the viewer if they didn't recycle she was going to wreck their place!

• Winner
Reactions: TwinkleSnort
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino