Blizzard Bans People who Shit talk the Chinese Government -

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Allegedly it's a 'bug'. My bet is they're waiting for it to pass. But with this and the NBA it has really called attention to how our freedoms are not being stripped by the government but by private corporations.

Looks like the libtards massively fucked up on this one.

I don't like Trump, but I am skin crawling to say if he keeps standing up to China and Chinese influences I might vote for him. Always a chance he'll be sucking CCP dick tho. So I don't even know. Saying that makes my skin crawl but nobody's doing anything about it.

Haramburger

kiwifarms.net
This story is really ramping up fast and going off the rails. Had a few guildies say they were cancelling their subs last night, but I think it was really just patch fatigue after 14 or so weeks of Eternal Palace. Fuck this raid is badly designed, too many skippable mobs and mechanics, dumb hallway architecture, Azshara is an unfun piece of shit where you just prove how much shit you can multitask instead of enjoying a game. At least Jaina was an epic transition from boat to iceberg, with meaningful movement.

I've often wondered what exactly TenCent gets out of owning GrindingGearGames and POE, their microtransactions are fucking shit and really the only way I can see value is if they're selling loot that never dropped and was just fudged into existence on the quarterly ladders in the website used to buy/sell/trade in-game items between players, bu the western devs who made the game made a compelling argument at GDC one year that they'd never do so and it would tank their company and customer faith if they did it.

Anyways, looking forward to the PR disaster at Blizzcon and hoping for some good expansion and game reveals. Unpopular opinion, but I really don't have any strong feelings for Hong Kong or China's dick down Blizzard's throat and will continue to fuck around in WoW/HOTS up until the point that they utterly destroy my player queues and raid group/world pvp communities. Also looking forward to having a list of chinese Power Words that are forbidden but enticing to say on gaming networks going forward, like Tiananmen and Kuomintang.

Last edited:

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
I've often wondered what exactly TenCent gets out of owning GrindingGearGames and POE, their microtransactions are fucking shit and really the only way I can see value is if they're selling loot that never dropped and was just fudged into existence on the quarterly ladders in the website used to buy/sell/trade in-game items between players, bu the western devs who made the game made a compelling argument at GDC one year that they'd never do so and it would tank their company and customer faith if they did it.
The real issue is CREDIT not ownership

China is Blizzard's banker. (I imagine they get loans from TenCent and thats why they own 5%)

Haramburger

kiwifarms.net
That's exactly what Crunchyroll did when people started mass-cancelling over High Guardian Spice. Very convenient that this just keeps happening at these critical times.
Not defending these companies, but when you stress a backend service that isn't meant for heavy traffic and probably actually a batch job, it's pretty plausible that you'd have to do manual cancellations and deletions. Honestly, why would any company optimize & automate their "i don't want to be a customer any more" interaction for high speed? It's a coincidence IMO.

moocow

Moo.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's just shitting on some poor minimum-wage customer service drone. That fag needed to calm their tits.
Probably pajeet. My sympathy is limited. That account cancellations require "review" that can take up to 30 days is horseshit to begin with. He's completely justified in being upset they can't/won't just click the damned button on demand. Pajeet needs to float that frustration up into management where it might do some good.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Mark Kern speaks out against Blizzard, Chinese business practices, China buying influence in media and entertainment, and getting bribed.
TLDR, looks like we lost 10 years ago.
View attachment 966418
View attachment 966419
View attachment 966421
View attachment 966423
View attachment 966424
Nothing has been won or lost yet. Xi made the exceptional decision to amass all power around him, making him the most politically powerful leader in China's History and also president for life.

He's not that competent to wield all that power and when he fucks up(and he will) the fallout is going to be massive.

Basically the more he's pushed the more exceptional the decisions he makes becomes.

Rei is shit

kiwifarms.net
They made some coach delete a tweet that was critical of their censorship

A+++ job trolls
chinaware.jpg

People are saying this is from Jeffrey Epstein's black book:

View attachment 966400
It is, I just checked.

Slimy Time

Rape Face #3
kiwifarms.net
They made some coach delete a tweet that was critical of their censorship

A+++ job trolls
View attachment 966663

It is, I just checked.
Not content with forcing coaches to delete their tweets, apparently they now want people to provide government issued ID if you want to delete your account.
EGgqJLzXUAA9jUs.jpg

EGgra2UXYAEMWAG.png

Just post your government ID on here, I'm sure we won't pass it on to the PRC so they can rain down on Hong Kong dissenters.
What's that, you deleted your Blizzard account, minus 50 social credit points for you.
What looney toons shit is this? When is the last time a fucking video game company or any online store needed a picture of your government issued ID to perform a function? Fuck this company.

Edit: Apparently people who have sent in their government ID have gotten this in response.
EGiTSlkWwAICO9y.jpg

Thanks for your Government ID, now go fuck yourself. This cannot be legal.

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino