Blizzard Bans People who Shit talk the Chinese Government -

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
No that was inspired by the censorship South Park faced with episodes 200 and 201.
Charlie Hebdo was 4-5 years later.
The woman who started EDH (Molly Norris) eventually got the attention of the Taliban and was actually on their most wanted for doing that, to the point where she had to be put in Witness Protection for it. She's still wanted and under WP.

(Btw, I recommend torrenting the uncensored version of 201, it's easily the series peak; thanks anon from /b/ that leaked it)
Shit, guess I got my wires crossed.

I've seen the uncensored version with Stan's "lesson of the day" about how violence can solve problems you don't like. South Park has a great history of pissing off people who take themselves too seriously but that one really must have rustled the wrong jimmies.

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
Shit, guess I got my wires crossed.

I've seen the uncensored version with Stan's "lesson of the day" about how violence can solve problems you don't like. South Park has a great history of pissing off people who take themselves too seriously but that one really must have rustled the wrong jimmies.
"You hate us. And maybe, one day...we can learn to hate you too!"

Pope of Degeneracy

This isn't a guilty look, is it?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Senor Cardgage Mortgage

Oh... I should eat a pony.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
checking out r/blizzard and found this gem:

View attachment 965420

People are going scorched earth with Blizzard, and as proud, freedom-loving American, I can't help but shed a tear at the sight of them getting blown the fuck out by everyone.
Based true american hero.

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
Word on the street is Blizzard has deactivated all forms of verification for account deletion and subscription cancellation.
I didn't have to verify anything but then I hadn't bought a Blizzard product in awhile before WoW Classic so I didn't know I was supposed to need to.

View attachment 965420

People are going scorched earth with Blizzard, and as proud, freedom-loving American, I can't help but shed a tear at the sight of them getting blown the fuck out by everyone.
I notice he's not burning any of the really good Blizzard games.

Girlboy69

FUCK
kiwifarms.net
I didn't have to verify anything but then I hadn't bought a Blizzard product in awhile before WoW Classic so I didn't know I was supposed to need to.
Apparently you have to verify account deletion via email or, idk, text/phone/postcard. Idk what other methods there would be for verification.

Judge Holden

Corpsefucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Who would have thought that a company whose profits are drawn near exclusively from people who cant be bothered to unsubscribe from their WOW accounts or who had some residual nostalgia for mid 00s MMORPGs going out of its way to get itself noticed in the worst way possible and thus ensuring both massive autist superfans and any casual/on the fence subscribers alike will be majorly tempted to join the boycott bandwagon would be a *bad* move?!

Seriously, the only reason you fucking exist is the vague good will of a bunch of ultraspergs who have been complaining about the ever accelerating drop in quality of your flagship game for nearly ten years now. Do you really want to give them the excuse they needed to cut that last thread and go play some other shit for a while?!

Bet whichever exec made a wish on the monkey paw a few months back for all the Diablo Mobile controversy to be utterly forgotten by the next blizzcon is feeling pretty fucking stupid right about now.

Last edited:

Lemmingwise

Merry Christmas Kiwis
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 965420

Lol, I love a good dumpster fire.

IMG_20191010_004457.png

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
True question is, will this actually go anywhere? We've seen "boycotts" like this before that last about a week or so before everyone forgets about it and moves on with life. And besides that, it's not like this is going to hurt China in any grand way. 90% of our shit, from clothing to electronics to baby toys, still come from that accursed country so a bunch of angry gamers boycotting one company is like shooting a single arrow at an armor-plated dragon. And a universal switch to American-made products is a pipe dream too since Chinese shit is generally cheaper, so good luck expecting broke millennials who are always complaining about not having money to suddenly shell out more cash for everyday items in the name of political protest.

I'd like to believe that this is the start of a domino effect that finally gets people to wake up and realize oh yeah, we should probably not be complacent about the Red Scare 2.0 that's actively crawling onto our very doorsteps, but I've seen too many moments like that flare up and die like a flame on paper to have much in the way of optimism on the matter.

Smug Chuckler

Rape Joke Man
kiwifarms.net
True question is, will this actually go anywhere? We've seen "boycotts" like this before that last about a week or so before everyone forgets about it and moves on with life. And besides that, it's not like this is going to hurt China in any grand way. 90% of our shit, from clothing to electronics to baby toys, still come from that accursed country so a bunch of angry gamers boycotting one company is like shooting a single arrow at an armor-plated dragon. And a universal switch to American-made products is a pipe dream too since Chinese shit is generally cheaper, so good luck expecting broke millennials who are always complaining about not having money to suddenly shell out more cash for everyday items in the name of political protest.

I'd like to believe that this is the start of a domino effect that finally gets people to wake up and realize oh yeah, we should probably not be complacent about the Red Scare 2.0 that's actively crawling onto our very doorsteps, but I've seen too many moments like that flare up and die like a flame on paper to have much in the way of optimism on the matter.
It will leave a dent, but I think a lot of people will crawl back to blizzard after blizzcon sadly.

Hecate

My skin crawlith
kiwifarms.net
On a semi-related note, is WotC also contaminated by love of Chinese money? I ask because people have suggested Artifact and Gwent here but nothing about MTG: Arena, so I was wondering if I missed something to that effect.

I'll give the NBA a very slight benefit of the doubt in that Adam Silver still tries to keep free speech in the NBA even though he's probably groveling at China's feet right now. He certainly did not penalize Morey in any way and didn't put a hard muzzle on any of the league's players and staff. Blizzard, on the other hand, simply nuked the pro player and even included innocents with him while limiting even more free speech in the way they're handling their subreddit and closing off comments in articles.

I dunno, there are plenty of video games to play today, more than enough for me to not play Blizzard games, and I'm saying this as someone who still enjoys casual rounds of Overwatch with buddies (well, until today) and spent time on various Blizzard games in the past.
well as far as i can tell i found this:
also considering that tencent developed the transformer mmo for hasbro, and hasbro owns WotC, id say its safe to assume tencent is involved in some way.

from my experience mtg arena was pretty bad, and artifact is a payed game with microtransactions so thats why i recommended gwent.
i dont think tencent has any stake in CDPR if this article is anything to go off of lmao

Is Scoia'tael still trash? I assume they fixed the game being a spy/medic/scorch trap fest if they went retail with it.
no, the game is actually almost completely different since they reworked it, and now theres an actual diverse meta

i mean the game has its problems, but as far as online card games go i think its pretty good

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino