BLM vs. NFL - Colin Kapernick dindu nuffin

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Paul

Yinzer Kiwi
kiwifarms.net
I only watch football really if my Steelers are playing, so I don't know too much about Kaepernick.
But you can believe if he was any good, he'd have a contract. If he could sell tickets, or win a Super Bowl, they'd sign him. As far as what he does during the anthem, I really don't give a shit. And I'm guessing the majority of fans don't either, as long as they're winning.

And Smith didn't even know that Columbus had a hockey team, or that the NHL no longer has ties. Jesus. How can you have a career in sports media and not know something so freaking basic?

Pikapool

The Pikachu with the mouth
kiwifarms.net
I only watch football really if my Steelers are playing, so I don't know too much about Kaepernick.
But you can believe if he was any good, he'd have a contract. If he could sell tickets, or win a Super Bowl, they'd sign him. As far as what he does during the anthem, I really don't give a shit. And I'm guessing the majority of fans don't either, as long as they're winning.

And Smith didn't even know that Columbus had a hockey team, or that the NHL no longer has ties. Jesus. How can you have a career in sports media and not know something so freaking basic?
From what I've noticed with the the BLM crowd they keep screaming "HE WENT TO A SUPER BOWL!" You know cause a mediocre player can never go to super bowl and that brings up to points 1.) he lost that super bowl and 2.) sports is a what have you done for me lately business like my team got rid of their running back who was the star of the team because he was getting too expensive however that didn't make fans of that guy not did it give them permission to turn into little bitches

Last edited:

AnOminous

Only the rarest and smuggest of Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
From what I've noticed with the the BLM crowd they keep screaming "HE WENT TO A SUPER BOWL!" You know cause a mediocre player can never go to super bowl and that brings up to points 1.) he lost that super bowl and 2.) sports is a what have you done for me lately business like my team got rid of their running back who was the star of the team because he was getting too expensive however no one didn't make fans of that guy into little bitches

They can bitch all they like. But their victory at getting Hank Williams, Jr. off NFL broadcasts is gone now.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...wdy-friends-returns-to-monday-night-football/

He came back just a couple months ago.

They do not give a single fuck about SJWs because their fans don't. Nobody cares. They can bitch all they like.

El Porko Fako

Significantly different from other men
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
2.) sports is a what have you done for me lately business like my team got rid of their running back who was the star of the team because he was getting too expensive however that didn't make fans of that guy not did it give them permission to turn into little bitches

Hi Minnesota Vikings fan!

Adrian "whoopin' room" Peterson is actually the prefect person to bring up in this conversation, and why the people arguing that Kaepernick not getting signed solely because of his antics from last year is bullshit. Adrian Peterson got into some legal trouble a few years back for beating the shit out of his kid with a tree branch. This behavior in my mind is infinitely worse than what Kaepernick did, but the reason why he was able to continue to have a career is because he's a proven talent and arguably one of the best running backs of the past 20 years.

More often than not, you can be as horrible a human being as possible and get a contract in the NFL. You just have to be a good player. Colin Kaepernick is not a good football player, nor is he a particularly good person. Guy has literally nothing going for him.

Pikapool

The Pikachu with the mouth
kiwifarms.net
Hi Minnesota Vikings fan!

Adrian "whoopin' room" Peterson is actually the prefect person to bring up in this conversation, and why the people arguing that Kaepernick not getting signed solely because of his antics from last year is bullshit. Adrian Peterson got into some legal trouble a few years back for beating the shit out of his kid with a tree branch. This behavior in my mind is infinitely worse than what Kaepernick did, but the reason why he was able to continue to have a career is because he's a proven talent and arguably one of the best running backs of the past 20 years.

More often than not, you can be as horrible a human being as possible and get a contract in the NFL. You just have to be a good player. Colin Kaepernick is not a good football player, nor is he a particularly good person. Guy has literally nothing going for him.
Yeah exactly and not to mention when Adrian became a free agent there were teams willing to sign him because he still has something left hell he's a saint now. However the only team I saw willing to sign for Kap and his "talents"we're the Ravens and $10 says that his girlfriend fucked that up for him

AnOminous

Only the rarest and smuggest of Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah exactly and not to mention when Adrian became a free agent there were teams willing to sign him because he still has something left hell he's a saint now. However the only team I saw willing to sign for Kap and his "talents"we're the Ravens and $10 says that his girlfriend fucked that up for him

I like comparing the NFL to Google.

Because the NFL doesn't give a shit about politics or anything but money. They just look at your stats and maybe what other ways you have of bringing in money. They couldn't give two shits about your opinions on gay marriage, whether you're a racist, whether you're just a stupid motherfucker, whatever.

If the fact you don't pay you child support becomes an issue, they will MAKE you pay that shit.

If you get CAUGHT beating your wife, they're going to get rid of you.

Otherwise they don't care.

Steve Mayers

Nazi Punks Fuck Off
kiwifarms.net
I like comparing the NFL to Google.

Because the NFL doesn't give a shit about politics or anything but money. They just look at your stats and maybe what other ways you have of bringing in money. They couldn't give two shits about your opinions on gay marriage, whether you're a racist, whether you're just a stupid motherfucker, whatever.

If the fact you don't pay you child support becomes an issue, they will MAKE you pay that shit.

If you get CAUGHT beating your wife, they're going to get rid of you.

Otherwise they don't care.
Hell the NFL didn't care much about domestic violence until the Ed Reed incident occurred. They tried to sweep it under the rug and gave him a slap on the wrist. It was boycotts and protests that got the NFL to change it's policy on domestic violence. The anger came out of the fact that the NFL gave a smaller penalty for domestic violence than testing positive for weed.

TowinKarz

Send More Lolcows, We're Fresh Out.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I feel bad for Barry Bonds, he missed out on the SJW insta-defense-army (just add water) when his decades of acerbic prima-donna behavior and cloud of steroid allegations caught up with him and no MLB team would sign him in the early 00's and not today....

He and his agents and lawyers cried "collusion" which was hilarious, nobody has to collude when you've been an absolute dick TO EVERYONE publically for years. And they did play the race card, which everyone laughed at (oh how times have changed) by pointing out being a dick was the problem. ANd he was such a colossal King Sized super dick that people didn't want him even though he still arguably HAD talent.

It's just unfathomable to these people that how you behave around others MATTERS and can actually matter MORE than a social narrative.....

Kaepernick is a talentless dickhead who annoys people and he wonders why he can't get signed? Must be muh racism!!!

TiggerNits

Yankee vampire living off the blood of the poor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Edit: Truth be told, I think Kaepernick would have been a better choice than Jay Cutler. Cutler's an enormous douche and is super toxic to his team mates, to the point where offensive lineman have have come out in interviews that sometimes Cutler was being such a knob, that they purposely didn't block their targets to let Cutler get sacked.

The head coach of the Dolphins is Adam Gase, both times Cutler has played for him he's had zero issues as a passer or player, Gase pushed HARD to Cutler to take the job because he knows he can work with him and get him in to his system without any worry, as well as the fact that they avoid Kaepernick doing any shit that pisses off the fans who actually pay to go to games.

He was very much the right call from a football standpoint and a business one, just not the SJW one.

That said, if it wasn't Gase coaching, they would have been better off pursuing Alex Smith (with trading picks to the Chiefs who need them with their older roster)or Ryan Fitzpatrick (Veteran who can atleast follow directions and not get in trouble off the field) for less cap damage

kcbbq

I am here for your soul. And a ham. And pie.
kiwifarms.net
I feel bad for Barry Bonds, he missed out on the SJW insta-defense-army (just add water) when his decades of acerbic prima-donna behavior and cloud of steroid allegations caught up with him and no MLB team would sign him in the early 00's and not today....
Your head doesn't grow like his did without serious hormonal shenanigans...

I'm a big fan of Bonds's post baseball work - he's a saint for some of what he's quietly doing now. He's a decent dude, but that's separate from what he did for half his career. He'll be in the Hall eventually and it'll be sad for baseball purity but it's easier to find forgiveness if you're not a complete asshole. I think it would be best for baseball if he, and the other steroid cheats were left out of the Hall by the writers and let in by tue veterans' committee. Good politics that way.

Kaepernick is dangerously close to permanently poisoning his reputation. You can't go down the Lance Armstrong road and expect asspats. The NFL employs actual murderers with a little token contrition. Don't be a dick, collect your millions, be a dick later.

The Kraken

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I decided, after lurking for years, to make an account just to comment on this. I'm a sportsball fag, and know a thing or two about handeggball. This could be long, so apologies in advance since I'm not sure how to use the "spoiler" tab yet to keep it contained - still figuring things out.

Kaepernick not being signed is an easy thing to figure out. Ignoring all of the political stances he's made (which, yes, has to do with him being unemployed; however, it remains to be seen how much it affects his chances), he is not the typical QB that teams are looking for. Kaep's claim to success is because of the "Pistol" offense that was popular for a few teams in the NFL starting around 2012. The Pistol is no longer used in playbooks. Maybe a play or two, but that's about it. The Pistol combines college football's Read-Option with the NFL's Shotgun set. Generally, you need a fast QB (lol Peyton Manning was forced to use it in his last season, slow son of a bitch), which Kaepernick is. However, once NFL defenses figured it out (and they are very, very quick at doing so), Kaepernick was exposed as a one-read-then-run-for-the-hills QB.

BLM and SJWs that don't watch football will scream "but muh stats" and "muh Super Bowl appearance" and whatnot. Yeah, Kaep's stats, compared to other starters and backups, are pretty solid. Not gonna lie. However, his stats are artificially inflated due to being behind in a lot of games, thus the defense will get lax and a little lazy due to not wanting to risk injury. Also, his interception rate is low because of Kaep being a straight pussy and refusing to throw if his first option isn't open. He'll just run. And that Super Bowl team, he had an outstanding defense, a fantastic offensive line, and a solid running game. All of those are a QB's best asset, young or old. Remove his head coach, take away that defense, the running game, the OL, etc., and you get a guy that can't even get his team within sniffing distance to the playoffs, let alone another Super Bowl. Compare this to guys like Brady, Manning, and the other elite QBs that essentially are the reason why their teams are, or were, so good.

Now with BLM and SJWs freaking out over teams with injured QBs that don't sign him (Dolphins, Ravens), that's easy too. At this stage in the offseason, it's way too late to try to grab a QB. They missed minicamps, offseason workouts, etc. Hell, the preseason started and the regular season is only a month away. And whenever a team's starting QB goes down, they try to replace him with another QB that is very similar to the starter, or knows the system. Flacco goes down, is out maybe a week or two, and all the BLM fucks are screaming to get Kaep in there. Lol nah. Just sign an Arena League QB for wayyyyyy less for a few weeks. Tannehill goes down, same ordeal with the REEEEEEEEs, but Cutler, the WHITE MALE that they replaced Tannehill with, knows Adam Gase's system already. Minnesota's Teddy Bridgewater, a QB that specializes in short, timed routes went down last season. Who did they replace them with? Sam Bradford, a QB that, well fuck me running, specializes in short, timed routes. See where I'm going? Guys like Kaepernick and RGIII won't find teams, not because of their skin or political views, but because they fit LITERALLY ZERO OFFENSES. And fuck me if a team is going to completely tear down their system just for a backup QB. Fuck outta here with that.

It's sad, because Kaep really did look like the next big thing years ago. He's very athletic. He just got absorbed in a mountain of bullshit, and now they're using him as some kind of pariah. Brainwashed, is what he's become. Once his usefulness runs dry, they'll throw him out in the streets. Just like with every other movement that has ever existed throughout time. Kaep is easy for them to use, because all these fucks gotta do is look at the stats and scream. Stats never tell the entire picture. Ever.

tl;dr: Kaep is not a good QB. No team is gonna restructure their entire offense around him. Period.

TowinKarz

Send More Lolcows, We're Fresh Out.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If Mike Vick hadn't gone to the Federal pen, we'd probably have seen the same whining about another black QB getting shafted when his career petered out. That was the same thing, not racism, but because the teams all realized the running QB didn't work...

Transvaalan

HMMMMMMMMMMMM
kiwifarms.net
If you think about it the NFL enforces more child support payments than any state's CPS
Is it wrong that I think there should be a hard cap on Child Support Payments per kid(5,000$ per month per kid), and that paternity tests should be mandatory, and only legal adoption of the child should be considered equivalent?

The_Truth

kiwifarms.net
If Mike Vick hadn't gone to the Federal pen, we'd probably have seen the same whining about another black QB getting shafted when his career petered out. That was the same thing, not racism, but because the teams all realized the running QB didn't work...
Random story I played 2 years of high school football with Mike Vick. We went to the same school.

Mike Vick's dog fighting aside, it's laughable when the social justice crowd attacked him. The guy grew up in a part of Newport News called Ridley Circle. It's a 3rd world country where the cops don't even go unless they're in force. The fact he wasn't dead or in prison by the time he was 20 is impressive.

Kap grew up in an upper middle class white family, the guys a clown.

Status
Not open for further replies.