BLM vs. NFL - Colin Kapernick dindu nuffin

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Munchingonfish

kiwifarms.net
Kap grew up in an upper middle class white family, the guys a clown.

That's why his racism chimp outs are amusing. His mulatto life mattered so much his black dad abandoned his white teenage mother before he could even be born, which forced her to put him up for adoption. He then got adopted by a white family. Today, his mother probably would've gotten an abortion. Yet instead of pushing for strong family units and berating the black dad stereotype, he chimps out over the police. The police weren't the reason why his dad ran away.

The Kraken

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oakland's Marshawn Lynch and Seattle's Michael Bennett both sat during the anthem during their respective preseason games over the weekend. Just from some quick googling, I really have yet to find an article condemning one or the other for this. Philadelphia's Michael Jenkins also kept his protest going by raising his fist, y'know, the "Black Power" salute, during his game. Yeah, there are upset fans (too busy to screencap tweets and ESPN/PFT comments while I'm at work, sorry fam), but the media really hasn't said much about it. There's no narrative to be put around it because they all currently still have their starting jobs.

In short, the media is keeping a lid on it because it'll drive home the fact that Kaepernick isn't getting blackballed. Other players share his position, but they keep their jobs (shit, Lynch was retired for a year and he still got something) because they're respected players at their slots and get the job done. Kaep, meanwhile, doesn't get the job done.

Tbh I don't think Lynch is trying to do any stances or anything. Remember, this is a guy who hates the media, refuses to talk to them, and trolls them IRL when he's forced to communicate with them; i.e. "You know why I'm here." If it is a stance, we'll never know simply because he won't talk. Which, to me, is a solid way to protest while not giving the media what they desire. I honestly don't care who sits or stands, but providing unnecessary distractions, like media coverage, to it while I'm trying to watch a damn game of football pisses me off. Sports is pretty much the last sanctuary from political ideology and bullshit, and even then it is currently getting invaded.

I'd recommend checking out Profootballtalk, it's a site run by NBC that constantly tries to push the Kaep agenda while refusing to use the word "Redskin(s)" for the past few years. And when those articles are posted, the comments are always loaded with glorious salt.

TowinKarz

Send More Lolcows, We're Fresh Out.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sports is pretty much the last sanctuary from political ideology and bullshit, and even then it is currently getting invaded.

This right here is why people get so angry and annoyed when sports figures start their own on-field (important part, ON FIELD) political protests.

Someone who's looking to unwind and escape with some entertainment usually will aggressively resist it being turned into a soapbox on them.

And every time someone does complain, the SJW narrative starts up "You're just a racist FUCKIN WHITE MALE. Dont' give us that excuse about how you think you deserve apolitical behavior from your sports figures just because of that piddly $800 spent on tickets, parking, concessions and whatnot for your family for the one time a year that you'll get to go to a live game bullshit either! We know the REAL reason you don't want politics in your sports is because you're a altrighter, not because one of the few forms of entertainment you're passionate about and saved up your meager fun budget for is being slowly turned into the same kind of moralizing to a captive audience bullshit that's destroyed good stand up comedy and most of what else is on TV.

Seriously, people have called in to sports shows and radio shows to explain why they don't want this kind of stuff while at the game and have been hung up on and declared yet another white working class schmoe who they can't wait to die off. Those explanations are just dog whistles for hating "uppity blacks who don't know their place" apparently.

It's infuriating, and I have no patience for it.

Feline Darkmage

Gamer Gril Queen
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
*shrugs* He's Tebow 2.0. The NFL is okay with beating women, fighting dogs to the death, and doing cocaine off a hooker's ass, but the minute you articulate any sort of deeply held ideological stand, you are suddenly banned from coasting for life.

I mostly agree with you.

However I don't think its because of ideology. I think he's Tebow 2.0 because both of them are overhyped, mediocre quarterbacks who are more of a distraction than is worth any talent they might still have in their bodies.

The Kraken

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
IMG_4037.jpg

PFT is getting salty that another coach doesn't want protesting on his team. This time, however, it's a black man.

Notice the last paragraph, which is the opinion part from the writer. Basically, not agreeing with protesting means you're racist and long for the days of segregation. Also, it's "unusual" that Hue Jackson feels this way - since he's black.

Because, y'know, all minorities operate like the Borg and think the exact same thoughts. If anything, that's racist to assume that.

Article link for those interested: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rotest-but-doesnt-want-to-see-it-on-his-team/

Transvaalan

HMMMMMMMMMMMM
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 263541

PFT is getting salty that another coach doesn't want protesting on his team. This time, however, it's a black man.

Notice the last paragraph, which is the opinion part from the writer. Basically, not agreeing with protesting means you're racist and long for the days of segregation. Also, it's "unusual" that Hue Jackson feels this way - since he's black.

Because, y'know, all minorities operate like the Borg and think the exact same thoughts. If anything, that's racist to assume that.

Article link for those interested: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rotest-but-doesnt-want-to-see-it-on-his-team/
Nice thumbnail for ants bruh

Pikapool

The Pikachu with the mouth
kiwifarms.net
OK and this will accomplish what exactly? Teams don't want him and the commissioner can't just bully teams into taking an overrated QB
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ith-roger-goodell-to-discuss-colin-kaepernick
Oh God the Sharia sugar mama sarsour was apart of this big shocker :roll:
http://www.breitbart.com/sports/201...-kaepernick-rally-front-nfl-nyc-headquarters/

At least someone's thinking right
https://sports.yahoo.com/george-foreman-anthem-white-house-protests-sore-losers-192059672.html

Last edited:

Pikapool

The Pikachu with the mouth
kiwifarms.net
Ok this just makes me sick Jim Brown was in the NFL during the 60's you know when the civil right movement was in full effect, I bet he's dealt with actual racism because he was a black man but nowadays these thugs want to just compare him to a house nigger or discredit him because of his age*sigh* SMDH
Jeez thank God my mom raised me in the the suburbs otherwise I probably would've ended up like a racist like this

Last edited:

The Kraken

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah turning against Jim Brown isn't the brightest idea. I'd like some of these black atheletes and celebrities to sit down with him so he could explain what living through real discrimination was like. The guys is also regarded as the best NFL player of all time by many, so it'd be wise to heed to his wisdom when talking football with activism.

Shit, Alan Page (Viking homer so I gotta mention him) studied law WHILE playing at a HOF level and was a Supreme Court justice in MN for 20+ years. He lived through discrimination and segregation too. But instead of bitching, he put on his work boots and made an actual difference in his community. In fact, I don't think I've ever heard any of those older black atheletes complain about their time in the 40's-60's, because they're too damn happy that it's not that way anymore. Blacks, and especially black atheletes (what up $100+ mil contracts compared to $25,000), have it gold compared to those days.

Also wanna point out that zero coaches or owners have specifically said that protests are not allowed. Some coaches have publicly disagreed with it (Jack Del Rio, Hue Jackson), but added they respect their right to have their voice heard.

Side note: cool to see some Kiwi's digging football as much as me. Makes a newfag feel welcomed.

TiggerNits

Yankee vampire living off the blood of the poor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Honestly you can even bring up equality and race issues in the NFL without being a grand standing asshole, too. Just look at the speech LT gave for his HoF acceptance. Dude just said we need to be working together towards compromise and equality, which is the very foundation of the American republic

Status
Not open for further replies.