Feedback Blocked people still appear on our Reactions.

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Colonel J

The Sheriff
kiwifarms.net
Hello. I have people blocked. This stops us from seeing their posts as well as getting notifications of their reactions to our own posts. However, we can still see their reactions to our posts. I propose this be hidden like their posts and notifications currently are if possible.

I was going to post this on the XF2 feedback thread, but it's been locked.

Colonel J

The Sheriff
kiwifarms.net
I imagine it's very low as well. You see, I have eternally triggered a few people on this website and they pretty much actively rate all my posts with "Dumb" whenever they can. While I don't mind the occasional Dumb rating, as I have many, I did mind waking up every day to see 10+ notifications of it from the same few butthurt people. These were very annoying and blocking them was a great solution.

Last edited:

The Flawless Gazelles

Die Aesthetik Der Herrschaftsfreiheit
kiwifarms.net
I imagine it's very low as well. You see, I have eternally triggered a few people on this website and they pretty much actively rate all my posts with "Dumb" whenever they can. While I don't mind the occasional Dumb rating, as I have many, I do mind waking up at seeing 10+ notifications of it from the same few butthurt people. These were very annoying and blocking is a great solution.

DragoonSierra

kiwifarms.net
Hello. I have people blocked. This stops us from seeing their posts as well as getting notifications of their reactions to our own posts. However, we can still see their reactions to our posts. I propose this be hidden like their posts and notifications currently are if possible.

Your best bet is not to be so thin skinned and go back to sucking Ralphs dick

BILLY MAYS

Donate to MATI: http://bit.ly/MadAtTheInternet
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Imagine being this triggered over ratings.

HeyItsHarveyMacClout

Casualty of the Culture War
kiwifarms.net
what percentage of users on this site use the blocking feature? i don't know if i even knew it existed. i imagine it's super low and that's why no one noticed the bug

Even if I hate and entirely disagree with someone, I would never block them. It’s better to know what people are saying than to remain ignorant of them.

The only times I block, on principal, are when things just turn into spam

The Fool

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Even if I hate and entirely disagree with someone, I would never block them. It’s better to know what people are saying than to remain ignorant of them.

The only times I block, on principal, are when things just turn into spam

I'd report someone before blocking them, since rating abuse or spam-PMing is probably worth being reprimanded from a moderator rather than not.
If someone's consistently rating you dumb and you feel this is unjust, then attempting to rally up the community is probably the last thing you should do.

Status
Not open for further replies.