Blood: Fresh Supply - A remaster of a legendary 90's FPS

REGENDarySumanai

Man of excellent taste
kiwifarms.net
I'll probably buy this sooner or later, but I really wish that the source code for the original game was released.
I loved this game.

I always argued with my brother about what the cultists were yelling. I forget what he said, but to me it will always be “manamax and spearbooks!”

Reactions: Just A Butt

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'll probably buy this sooner or later, but I really wish that the source code for the original game was released.

I've played pretty much every version that came out including recreations and abortions like ZBlood. BloodGDX (which requires Java) used the source code from a beta release. Another one called Nblood which I'll link here since it's not super easy to find: https://nukeykt.retrohost.net/ This version used reverse engineered source code from the full release.

When it comes to replicating the original game I would say they're about even with each other with Fresh Supply leading the pack in terms of options. I love the fact that it has true 3D aiming, you can turn off the fucking auto-aim that always seemed to fuck me over with the Flare Gun, and like BloodGDX you can turn up the number of enemies in the difficulty settings (it's under User Made when you select an episode) and even adjust how aggressive each enemy type is.

It's Blood. It's pretty much the same exact game. The only problem I've noticed is that the music turns off when you re-load a state after dying but I expect a patch soon to address that. I've noticed only obese neckbeard programming faggots bitching and moaning that it's not exactly 100% the same. I played this game when I was young. I don't notice any significant downgrade. Those kind of guys will always bitch about something and look for something to cry about on forums. So I wouldn't put much stock in those guys.

• Informative
Reactions: Just A Butt

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
Oh yeah, I just got a coupon for it on steam because I own the original. An hey, always been a fan so def gonna pick up this badboy for some nostalgic fun.

Reactions: BrunoMattei

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Update: the bug where the music goes away when you load a save state only applies if you select the CD audio. Again, a patch is most likely in the works and will be pushed out soon. Otherwise I've encountered no issues.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
One last update:

I tried a couple of mods and they all worked fine. I downloaded Inherit The Earth as @c-no recommended it and it's one of those ultra hard mods with limited ammo. But I only completed the first level. All I had to do to get it to work was put all the level maps in the same folder as the rest of Inherit the Earth.

All you have to do to run custom episodes is drag and drop them in one big folder in the Addons folder for Blood: Fresh Supply. I ran Death Wish without issue. Death Wish is an absolute must play for any fan of Blood or oldschool FPS or Build engine FPS as it's one of the finest vanilla mods ever created.

The creator kept refining it over the years so the issue Gman noted about limited ammo and health is no longer an issue. The video is playing the mod on the original DOS version of the game and it gives you a good idea of how much of an improvement Blood: Fresh Supply and the other source ports are: runs at 60FPS, fluid mouse-look and aim, with all the goodies.

Reactions: c-no

Otis Boi

plushy Cow man extraordinaire
kiwifarms.net
Can i plug a cool boomtuber that made me realize how amazing Blood is? His Pro Postal 2 series is also a recommended watch. He's similar to ggmanlives, but he's almost exclusively FPS

yea Civvie is great.His pro series gave me a deeper appreciation for old fps games. Overall he is a great youtuber. One of the few gaming youtubers who isn't complete ass cancer, completely devoid of personalty or just strokes reddit hate boner.

Watcher

Cishet dudebro
kiwifarms.net
The game is slightly false advertised since it states it has "extended modding support" when in reality, it doesn't actually have any modding support aside from being compatible with vanilla game formats. Like it completely lacks a level editor. So it really should've also had the disclaimer "You need the DOS version of the game to mod it still"

Recoil

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I put more hours into Blood than any build engine game. It just flowed so nicely.
This looks promising.

garakfan69

Please be patient, I have idiocy
kiwifarms.net
If there's a game that needs proper mouse look, it's Blood.
Aiming at gargoyles and spiders was annoying.

Cardenio

Bizarro
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's Blood. It's pretty much the same exact game. The only problem I've noticed is that the music turns off when you re-load a state after dying but I expect a patch soon to address that. I've noticed only obese neckbeard programming faggots bitching and moaning that it's not exactly 100% the same. I played this game when I was young. I don't notice any significant downgrade. Those kind of guys will always bitch about something and look for something to cry about on forums. So I wouldn't put much stock in those guys.
Yeah there's always going to be that manical purist, and frankly god bless them because we do end up with improved emulation and crazy stuff like the Analogue Mini NT. But there's a line where that perfectionist attitude becomes straight up absurd.

I'll keep supporting Night Dive Studios as they keep rescuing classic games from the abandonware graveyard and giving them snazzy ports to modern hardware. I never would have bothered replaying Turok had it not been for their rerelease which is a game I'd argue is fantastic. Hopefully one day they can find a way to bring No One Lives Forever 1&2 and AVP2 onto Steam and GoG. The old games aren't gone but its far easier to make people aware of them when they're released digital.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Awakes you from a thousand deaths
kiwifarms.net
I was looking forward to this. The DOS version runs like shit on my computer, and while source ports alleviate that issue, I still felt like there had to be a better way to play.

The remaster is amazing. I love how customizable it is in terms of controls and video options. My only gripe is that quick quicksaving makes the game halt for a few seconds which is a bit of a pace breaker. Still, it's a minor issue and probably just something on my end. Either way, this is probably the definitive way to experience Blood.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino