Bloodstained + Castlevania/Metroidvania - Or how I can't decide what this thread should be about

Brain Power

.....I'm sorry... I couldn't go there with you.
kiwifarms.net
Does this count? Looks like Konami released a bunch of Castlevania songs at Spotify, if someone's interested:
It has OSTs from:
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Castlevania: 64
Castlevania: Chronicles
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
Castlevania: Judgment
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
So it's not everything, but it's still quite a lot.

Polyboros2

Is dumb and lost Polyboros password
kiwifarms.net
I absolutely love Metroidvanias, Dawn of Sorrow was probably the peak, the GBA ones are all decent, and Portrait of Ruin is top tier even though I think it falls just short of Dawn. The GBA Metroids and Super hold up amazingly well, and the remake of 2 is very good and it's sad it flopped.

Gonna go against the grain on Hollow Knight. I enjoyed it... for a bit. The game however has some serious problems that made me hate it. The maps a bit too tedious to get around with the spacing of transports, and the save points are placed sometimes in exceptional ways that make the game aggregating. I can see why the game wets the panties of every man in the speed running community. It's a little difficult and tedious as fuck, and only the most autistic of brains can stand slogging through the same shit over and over again.

I'm going to recommend Dead Cells. It's a rogue like, so not for everyone, bit I think it does a very good job compared to other rogue likes (Rogue Quest, enter the gungeon) of making it feel like you're making progress while restarting all the time. It has very slick Castlevania style combat, and even incorporates some Metroidvania new ability exploration in unlocking new routes with abilities that persists through death.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Please let this be good.

Favorite linear Castlevania's (as I prefer the linear games more):

Rondo Of Blood
Bloodlines
Castlevania 3
Castlevania 1
Castlevania 2: Belmont's Revenge (Gameboy)

For some reason I just don't like Castlevania 4. I want to like it but something about it just doesn't click with me.

Favorite Metroidvania Castlevania's:

Aria of Sorrow
Symphony

That's it.

Favorite Metroid's

Metroid Zero Mission
AM2R
Metroid Fusion
Super Metroid

Last edited:

Shitassdeaddude

kiwifarms.net
Gonna go against the grain on Hollow Knight. I enjoyed it... for a bit. The game however has some serious problems that made me hate it. The maps a bit too tedious to get around with the spacing of transports, and the save points are placed sometimes in exceptional ways that make the game aggregating. I can see why the game wets the panties of every man in the speed running community. It's a little difficult and tedious as fuck, and only the most autistic of brains can stand slogging through the same shit over and over again.
It's okay to be wrong sometimes.

huckbeine

imagine the following
kiwifarms.net
Man, it has been what, 4 years or so? This would have gone realistically faster and better if they used KOF XII method of making sprites.

Anyway, the last Castlevania game I have played recently is a Nes/Famicom style of Castlevania hentai game. Its Castle of Succubus. Its pretty ok, kinda make me reminiscence of 80s/90s era. Also the Castlevania bullshit gameplay is also present in this game. the game can be found on the usual sites.

THOTHunterAlice

Let's kill some THOTpires.
kiwifarms.net
My favorite installment (that I have played so far) of the Castlevania franchise is Dawn of Sorrow, I thought it was a great game that still holds up to this day IMO, although my biggest problem and it is a nitpick is the different artstyle- it just seemed so off and didn't really fit the atmosphere of the game.

• Agree
Reactions: Recon

Namesarehardtocomeupwith

Party like it's 1999
kiwifarms.net
I'd prefer curse of the moon tbh. Classic side scrolling whip action over metroidvania anytime.

The last metroidvania I 100% was Aria of sorrow and I got depression because you're required to backtrack so damn much. Something always tempting you with a new path but you have to come back later until you got some specific movement ability. It's a cancerous game design imo.

• Feels
Reactions: THOTHunterAlice
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino