Careercow Bob "MovieBob" Chipman - Obese Fascist Eugenics-Loving Elitist Pop Culture Critic with a Mario & MCU Fetish Leading us to a Superior Future!

How will MovieBob react to Captain Marvel's Release?

• Boycott it until #JamesGunnRehired

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Burn his screener copy on camera to protest James Gunn's firing

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • See it once in theaters

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • See it twice in theaters because he wants to "appreciate Brie's acting".

Votes: 18 15.8%
  • See it multiple times in theaters then declare it that year's Oscar winner

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The above but also declare it a new era in cinema and the cure for his diabetes

Votes: 47 41.2%
  • Islamic Content (Elaborate in as much graphic detail as humanly possible)

Votes: 6 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Shadow

SCIENCE FICTION PERFORM DISTINCTIVE
kiwifarms.net
Bob probably left that shitty thin rubber grip on his 686 instead of upgrading to an ergonomic rubber grip or nice wood target grips.
So he probably has a .38spl. then, so that is scary, it is comforting to hear the bastard probably can't reload it or keep it steady worth shit.
He says it's a SW 686, so .357 Mag with the capability to shoot .38spl.

Surprisingly it is a solid choice of defensive gun (if still marginal compared to a shotgun) but Bob probably only bought it because SW is a Massachusetts company.

Mola Ram

Self Righteous Ego Bastard Asshole
kiwifarms.net
So he probably has a .38spl. then, so that is scary, it is comforting to hear the bastard probably can't reload it or keep it steady worth shit.
You know, you made me curious enough to look into it. And while I'm not a firearms expert by any means, I have fired a few guns and do know the difference between semi-auto, automatic, single action, double action, rimfire, centerfire, and the thing that goes up. And upon checking out the S&W website ...

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/model-686

Smith & Wesson L-Frame revolvers are built to suit the demands of the most serious firearms enthusiast. Available in six and seven shot cylinders, the L-Frame has a strong, durable frame and barrel built for continuous Magnum usage. As police officers and hunters will attest, this firearm is made to withstand heavy use.
gunprice.PNG

... I'm starting to smell bullshit. This does not match the gun he described, other than it's a revolver. Although I guess it's just as likely he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about, as usual.

elder god

kiwifarms.net
I'M A REAL GUN EXPERT, OKAY?"
Given Bobs overwhelming desire to “own” others, I gurentee if he knew anything about firearms or went to the range regularly, he’d talk about it. He sounds exactly like a fudd as well, “I totally know about guns guiz, that’s why I want them all banned! It’s only reeeesonable!”

Western vidya is gonna fall for sure!", says same increasingly nervous man.
To be honest, I think we’re starting to see some Japanese companies make a comeback, but that’s because they are dumping some of the bad habits they picked up from their time on top. Western games aren’t going down, the whole “dads” in gaming is following a trend that will end when another trend comes along, and realism is something people want in vidya, not everybody wants Mario, blob

MembersSchoolPizza

kiwifarms.net
"He's gonna be gone for good!", says increasingly nervous man.
View attachment 587865
"Take the money and run"...? Bob, this s Donald - fucking - Trump. He's basically the American icon for wealth, even if he isn't actually the richest American, probably not by a long shot. I don't know how much he's personally worth, but if you think he needs the few million dollars he'll get in book deals or whatever for being an ex-prezzie, you're loco.

Mola Ram

kiwifarms.net
"Take the money and run"...? Bob, this s Donald - fucking - Trump. He's basically the American icon for wealth, even if he isn't actually the richest American, probably not by a long shot. I don't know how much he's personally worth, but if you think he needs the few million dollars he'll get in book deals or whatever for being an ex-prezzie, you're loco.
More importantly, Trump's defining characteristic, arguably, is everyone hates a loser. And failing to secure a second term is pretty much the definition of being a loser President, at least in the popular imagination. No idea whether Trump will win a second term, but it's ridiculous to think he won't even run. Bob's political acumen remains sharp as ever.

BubbleButt

She moves how???
kiwifarms.net
Every lonely weekend night, that safe is whispering to him.
That safe is a red herring, the gun is probably in his bedside table.

Every morning he wakes up, puts the barrel in his mouth, thinks real hard for five seconds, then removes it, sighs, and quietly says to no one in particular "Not today."

And every time it becomes a little harder for the old boy to think of a reason to keep going.

MembersSchoolPizza

kiwifarms.net
... I'm starting to smell bullshit. This does not match the gun he described, other than it's a revolver. Although I guess it's just as likely he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about, as usual.
I'm not sure in what way? I mean, I don't want to have to defend Bob here, but what he claims to own is more or less what he describers it as when he says it's like a "Honda Civic" - a ubiquitous, mid-priced handgun.

Reactions: Koby_Fish

Mola Ram

kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure in what way? I mean, I don't want to have to defend Bob here, but what he claims to own is more or less what he describers it as when he says it's like a "Honda Civic" - a ubiquitous, mid-priced handgun.
I guess in that they're describing it as a tool for cops and hunters that's designed for heavy use, and the $800 price tag seems steep for a Geek.com freelancer who rattles a tin cup on Patreon. I could be wrong.

MembersSchoolPizza

kiwifarms.net
I guess in that they're describing it as a tool for cops and hunters that's designed for heavy use, and the $800 price tag seems steep for a Geek.com freelancer who rattles a tin cup on Patreon. I could be wrong.
First, gun prices are hella misleading. Nobody ever pays MSRP for a gun unless they have to special order it from the manufacturer, or they're a moron. Shop around a bit - particularly online - and you'll find that same gun for ~700. Or catch a sale at your friendly local gun shop, or buy it second hand and you can probably get it for maybe as little as ~500.

And nah, a .357 revolver is basically your standard "big people" revolver. That is, it's a step up from a .22 pocket revolver, or a .38 "Saturday Night" special. The 686 is S&W's offering, but basically every company that does revolvers has one or more lines of them on offering... Ruger's Security-Six, Taurus' Model 66, Colt used to have the Trooper, etc. Many models, all very similar to each other, all fairly popular. My dad and my brother in law both have .357s as their nightstand guns.

I'd be interested in finding out if Bob actually fires .357 rounds, though. In my experience, most people like to say they have a .357, but what they effectively has is an overpriced .38 special.

Last edited:

Knyttet

Who will comfort me?
kiwifarms.net
Bob's such a pragmatist that he desperately clings to the same party and their failed political strategies that lost the 2016 election.
It's so infuriating watching him call himself a pragmatist and "whatever get's results" and at the same time totally dismiss the midwest, the blue collar working class and every attempt by the Democrats to pander to them.

You need them if you want to win you stupid fuck!

If Bob was a pragmatist like he claims he wouldn't shit all over Bernie Sanders supporters or be so openly racist towards white people.

Pokemonquistador

kiwifarms.net
It feels hypocritical that a fat guy who hates Trump constantly calls others "weak".
View attachment 588021

I'm sure ignoring the Supreme Court just cause it's made up of people you don't like will go over well.
View attachment 588020
Ruth Bader Ginsburg recently had a fall and is rumored to be leaving the Court in 2019. I'm not predicting any salt from Bob, (especially since he likes to act cool about things other people think he'll be salty about,) but that has to at least be a little concerning for him. Especially if Trump goes on to pick Based White Male # 3 for the spot.

Also, I have to laugh at the idea of Bob keeping a gun for home defense. Even if a thief DID break into his basement, said thief would look around, see all of the dead-eyed Mario figurines staring back at him, and the pile of damaged and deflated Princess Peach blow up sex dolls, and retreat back the way he came, terrified that he might run into the accursed, hollow-souled creature who crafted such an unholy sight.

Judge Dredd

10 Gaschamber 20 GOTO 10
kiwifarms.net
I don't think Bob really goes to the shooting range, otherwise we'd see more Twitter rants about whatever mayonnaise ghouls he didn't like the look of that day, and it would mean climbing the stairs to leave his basement.

Every morning he wakes up, puts the barrel in his mouth, thinks real hard for five seconds, then removes it, sighs, and quietly says to no one in particular "Not today."
I picture him more as the spree killer type who would snap and try shoot up a gym or a GameStop where the "dude bros" hang out, only for him to collapse as his numerous health problems catch up to him at once.

To be honest, I think we’re starting to see some Japanese companies make a comeback, but that’s because they are dumping some of the bad habits they picked up from their time on top. Western games aren’t going down, the whole “dads” in gaming is following a trend that will end when another trend comes along, and realism is something people want in vidya, not everybody wants Mario, blob
I don't know enough about film to understand Bob's analogy, but the return of Japanese games I'd put down to a mix of Japanese games getting better (albeit slowly) and western games dropping in quality as they are more about loot boxes and social justice. I think Bob wants Japan to be winning because it's one step closer to the nostalgic days of 8 and 16 bit Nintendo. The same reason he was hyped about the Switch using cartridges.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino