Careercow Bob "MovieBob" Chipman - Obese Fascist Eugenics-Loving Elitist Pop Culture Critic with a Mario & MCU Fetish Leading us to a Superior Future!

How will MovieBob react to Captain Marvel's Release?

• Boycott it until #JamesGunnRehired

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Burn his screener copy on camera to protest James Gunn's firing

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • See it once in theaters

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • See it twice in theaters because he wants to "appreciate Brie's acting".

Votes: 18 15.8%
  • See it multiple times in theaters then declare it that year's Oscar winner

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The above but also declare it a new era in cinema and the cure for his diabetes

Votes: 47 41.2%
  • Islamic Content (Elaborate in as much graphic detail as humanly possible)

Votes: 6 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Godzilla@1989

Marlon Brando's eyes!
kiwifarms.net
Find me a better example of the Dunning-Kruger effect and elite dicksucking, I can wait.

I honestly can’t find one that’s better. People like Bob have no idea why people hate the elites.

Oh, and I find it ironic he’s dicksucking the elites when he’s sperging out on that college bribe scandal that involved some actresses.

Jaracainofthewind

kiwifarms.net
I just watched the Lego Movie 2 video he did on Big Picture, and Holy Christ he is just full of himself isn't he. So many of those words were lists of pseudo intellectual babble. He says something like satire of satire and then whatever he brings up isn't that?

So, I guess the movie does this whole thing about how plastic shininess is used as a short hand for something is wrong and evil. A la Stepford Wives. Although he didn't bring that up, instead he brought Wrinkle in Time???? But see it falls apart here. He brings up this concept. The suburban evil. The usage of conformity, like how the Hunger Games did it. But then he proceeds to talk about Popular culture. Pop music, twilight vampires, Reality TV. Oh and with a few snide shots at people giving Cal Arts shit.

This of course begs the question. Does he think these two ideas are interchangeable? Or more important, is he actually okay with the idea of us just giving into mass media slop? Which seems to be closer to what the movie is saying. Albeit through his fucking idiot lens.

Flexo

serial #3370318
kiwifarms.net
Bob is the kind of guy who probably thinks the Borg are the good guys.

No wait, he's literally a Vorta.

You know, without the everything of Jeffery freakin' Combs.

So he's basically this Vorta.

I'd kill to see Rich Evans do a Bob impersonation. I bet he'd be thrilled to play someone he actually needs a fatsuit to imitate.
He's already got the diabetes for the role. And you know Mike will help with the foot removal since Rich is a method actor.

Judge Dredd

10 Gaschamber 20 GOTO 10
kiwifarms.net
They made a blink-and-you'll-miss-it jab at "Movie Blob" in the TFA Plinkett video, but that's the only time I think they've ever acknowledged him in any way.
I might have to look that up. When I watched the Captain Marvel video posted here, the recommended video to watch next was RLMs Captain Marvel Half in the Bag.

What I can't imagine is the pack of pathetic, smooth-brained incels who act as this man's peanut gallery/ cheering section.
I doubt there are many Bob fans who agree with everything he says. I'm guessing there are 2 types of Bob fans. The woke critics like to pretend Black Panther is the best film ever made and that Ghostbusters 2016 would have been popular if only those MRA GamerGate trolls hadn't spammed Rotten Tomatoes, and Nintendo fanboys who think that if it wasn't for the Playstation, Call of Duty, and Micheal Bay we'd still be playing 2D Mario sequels, reading Nintendo Power, and watching Mario Super Show and Transformers G1 on Netflix.

Reactions: Koby_Fish

Mola Ram

Self Righteous Ego Bastard Asshole
kiwifarms.net
I might have to look that up. When I watched the Captain Marvel video posted here, the recommended video to watch next was RLMs Captain Marvel Half in the Bag.
Honestly, it's not worth watching just for the MovieBob ding. It's literally less than a second's worth of time in a video that's well over an hour long. The insight into the state of Star Wars fandom at the time is interesting, but personally I think the more recent Plinkett stuff isn't nearly as good as either the earlier Plinkett reviews or the straight Half in the Bag/Best of the Worst material.

iRON-mAn

kiwifarms.net
I doubt there are many Bob fans who agree with everything he says. I'm guessing there are 2 types of Bob fans. The woke critics like to pretend Black Panther is the best film ever made and that Ghostbusters 2016 would have been popular if only those MRA GamerGate trolls hadn't spammed Rotten Tomatoes, and Nintendo fanboys who think that if it wasn't for the Playstation, Call of Duty, and Micheal Bay we'd still be playing 2D Mario sequels, reading Nintendo Power, and watching Mario Super Show and Transformers G1 on Netflix.
Which ones do you think are responsible for him earning $4,140 on patreon?

Pokemonquistador

kiwifarms.net
Honestly, it's not worth watching just for the MovieBob ding. It's literally less than a second's worth of time in a video that's well over an hour long. The insight into the state of Star Wars fandom at the time is interesting, but personally I think the more recent Plinkett stuff isn't nearly as good as either the earlier Plinkett reviews or the straight Half in the Bag/Best of the Worst material.
I'd say hackfraudmedia did a better job on the new Star Wars films than the RLM guys, (aside from the pointless, meandering rant on the opening music in the TFA review, which can be easily skipped (starts around 6 minutes in, ends around 15 minutes in....)

Jetpack Himmler

Grizzled Culture War Veteran
kiwifarms.net
Find me a better example of the Dunning-Kruger effect and elite dicksucking, I can wait.

Is this another "DRUMPF" swipe? Because I have a hard time believing that Bob has even read the Constitution of the United States. The only qualifications needed to hold the presidency are thus: 1) A natural-born citizen of the United States, 2) At least 35 years of age, 3) Be a resident for fourteen years. Trump meets all three of the criteria and is therefore eligible to be President.

Fuck. Is he even too lazy to Google it?

RockVolnutt

kiwifarms.net
Is this another "DRUMPF" swipe? Because I have a hard time believing that Bob has even read the Constitution of the United States. The only qualifications needed to hold the presidency are thus: 1) A natural-born citizen of the United States, 2) At least 35 years of age, 3) Be a resident for fourteen years. Trump meets all three of the criteria and is therefore eligible to be President.

Fuck. Is he even too lazy to Google it?
"Drumpf" probably was the main target but I'm pretty sure it's just "Muh Elite Class" sperging. The comic was originally a response to people saying that Hillary being a walking stereotype for politicians was part of her downfall.

RodgerDodger

kiwifarms.net
Wasn't the difference that Black Panther was a movie that people liked? I never saw it because I don't see many movies in theaters anymore, but I heard good things about it from people of all walks of life, so it didn't have the weird political stint that got pushed by the actor of Captain Marvel and no one else. I don't remember anyone pushing Black Panther but audiences, really. With Captain Marvel you saw Disney buying out theaters so that they'd only play that and nothing else, which is just downright scummy. It's not gonna change anything other than negatively impact their public image, but it's still just gross.
It's more Black Panther is a character that people liked. He was introduced in Civil War. He was fantastic in that. His solo movie was good enough. Not the groundbreaking thing that the SJW's hold it up as, but a decent fun capeshit movie. No major flaws beyond a handful of weak plot points. And it introduced a bunch of new characters, the best of which were used much better in Infinity War.

But Black Panther was at least a little better known. Yeah he was C list. But there was only ever one Black Panther. And he was a Stan Lee/Jack Kirby creation. With a fairly consistent look over the years. He showed up in the cartoons. You knew he was gonna show up in Avengers.

Whereas Captain Marvel is a complete shitshow. This chick is the Fourth or Fifth Marvel Captain Marvel alone, not to mention the Shazam Captain Marvel who gets his own movie next week. So even for people who know Captain Marvel, they all know a different one. And they made the movie about the one that is unquestionably the worst of all of them. Mar Vel, Monica Rambeau and Genus Vel were all much much better more interesting characters. (Phyla Vel is about on par with Carol, but I dont think she ever used the name.)

RodgerDodger

kiwifarms.net

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino