Careercow Bob "MovieBob" Chipman - Obese Fascist Eugenics-Loving Elitist Pop Culture Critic with a Mario & MCU Fetish Leading us to a Superior Future!

How will MovieBob react to Captain Marvel's Release?

• Boycott it until #JamesGunnRehired

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Burn his screener copy on camera to protest James Gunn's firing

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • See it once in theaters

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • See it twice in theaters because he wants to "appreciate Brie's acting".

Votes: 18 15.8%
  • See it multiple times in theaters then declare it that year's Oscar winner

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The above but also declare it a new era in cinema and the cure for his diabetes

Votes: 47 41.2%
  • Islamic Content (Elaborate in as much graphic detail as humanly possible)

Votes: 6 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jaracainofthewind

kiwifarms.net
Oh about the GOTG announcement. He is going to be such a smug fucker. He's going to do long posts about the right people won. And how the obsoletes lost. He's gonna do the sad equivalent of a fucking touchdown dance on twitter. Because this is all he has. He has no personal accomplishments or goals. He can't tell his family about some great attention he got on his writing. I mean he doesn't even have little personal victories. There's no great book he gets to finish. He never gets a date with that cute cashier after a couple of months of talking. He will never get a great chance to meet someone cool. Moviebob has peaked. And his peak is writing for pop culture on a shambling corpse of a website. That's the highest he ever gets to go. Yahtzee got married and published multiple times. The Escapist is Yahtzee's day job. It's Moviebob's magnum opus.

So let Bob be smug. This is the best thing that's happened to his life. While you and I forget about this. We go to our parties or spend time with our children. When we finish a hard assignment. Bob will still only have this.

Truthboi

Prince of filthy weeaboos
kiwifarms.net
Definitely Gunn, though wouldn’t this be a bad business move by Disney though?
Not really since really the majority of people were pissed about Gunn being fired and considering that the person behind it did it for blatantly politically motivated reasons, people were more pissed at Cernovich more than they cared about Gunn's past.

As for Blob, I bet he's probably celebrating the "wasteland ghouls" looking bad and Gunn being hired over some Mario 3.

• DRINK!
Reactions: Koby_Fish

Capsaicin Addict

Just a fellow who loves spicy food.
kiwifarms.net
Not really since really the majority of people were pissed about Gunn being fired and considering that the person behind it did it for blatantly politically motivated reasons, people were more pissed at Cernovich more than they cared about Gunn's past.

As for Blob, I bet he's probably celebrating the "wasteland ghouls" looking bad and Gunn being hired over some Mario 3.
Mm. Well, tough shit for them. Cernovich may be a lolcow in a class of his own, but he was making a point about this game of 'dig through your past till we find something objectionable'. And judging from the sperging over Tucker Carlson it's clear the left hasn't learned the lesson yet.

That's okay. It's a target-rich environment, after all.

Commander X

kiwifarms.net
So Bob was recently bitching about how One Day at a Time’s possible cancellation would be bad for Latino representation.

And now it’s cancelled and he’s not okay with it.

Apologies if this is a shitty crop btw.
View attachment 694572
From my observations "One Day at A Time" was just another one of these Netflix series most people have never heard of, that have earned their well-deserved obscurity and seem to be only watched by Twitter bluechecks and people who overuse sassy reality show gifs in replies to others.

Godzilla@1989

Marlon Brando's eyes!
kiwifarms.net
From my observations "One Day at A Time" was just another one of these Netflix series most people have never heard of, that have earned their well-deserved obscurity and seem to be only watched by Twitter bluechecks and people who overuse sassy reality show gifs in replies to others.
I’m also aware that it is like a reboot of the 80s version. I doubt Bob has watched it and is just virtue signaling because it has Latinos in it.

Hell, I don’t think people really cared about it until it was cancelled and sperged our because of the Latinos it had.

Sissy Galvez

kiwifarms.net
Captain Marvel's utter mediocrity made Disney run back to Gunn, but yeah Bob got his Win.
I’m calling it now, cape shit popularity is going to wind down post endgame. I know marvel/Disney have this grand vision with new heroes and arcs but it’s well past it’s 15 min at this point. This was a 10 year investment and it’s very stale and formulaic at this point. I see what happened with Star Wars happening again with future Marvel movies.

Bringing back the pedophile James Gunn is a Pyrrhic victory.

RodgerDodger

kiwifarms.net
I’m calling it now, cape shit popularity is going to wind down post endgame. I know marvel/Disney have this grand vision with new heroes and arcs but it’s well past it’s 15 min at this point. This was a 10 year investment and it’s very stale and formulaic at this point. I see what happened with Star Wars happening again with future Marvel movies.

Honestly Gunn’s clever humor might be the only thing that could prevent the MCU from getting stale post Endgame. Heck I’m a lifelong comic nerd. Near autisticalky encyclopedic on Marvel’s vast library. If you lose me, you’ve lost everybody. And the only thing past Endgame that has any interest to me is Guardian’s 3. Maybe FF if they can get the Russo’s? But seriously, Eternals? For fucks sake why? Even comic spergs don’t give 2 shits about the Eternals.

Last edited:

Godzilla@1989

Marlon Brando's eyes!
kiwifarms.net

Call me optimistic, but I straight up call legit fantasy taking back the box office after a lackluster decade.

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
“My temper tantrum worked guys!”
View attachment 695933

Justice is a difficult subject to consider, Philosophers, priests and legalists have struggled with it's nature.Plato famously struggles with the issue in the Republic and in the end I am forced to consider Prachetts words on the subject

TAKE THE UNIVERSE AND GRIND IT DOWN TO THE FINEST POWDER AND SIEVE IT THROUGH THE FINEST SIEVE AND THEN SHOW ME ONE ATOM OF JUSTICE, ONE MOLECULE OF MERCY. AND YET—Death waved a hand. AND YET YOU ACT AS IF THERE IS SOME IDEAL ORDER IN THE WORLD, AS IF THERE IS SOME...SOME RIGHTNESS IN THE UNIVERSE BY WHICH IT MAY BE JUDGED.
Personally I believe we must decide ourselves what is just and for Bob chipman it's a rich succesful director is allowed to return to a by-the-numbers capeshit movie after making some slightly tasteless jokes on twitter because it might annoy some Alt right dick head maybe.

Who could possibly argue against that as Justice?

Last edited:

Jetpack Himmler

Grizzled Culture War Veteran
kiwifarms.net
And judging from the sperging over Tucker Carlson it's clear the left hasn't learned the lesson yet.
Of course not. Bob and his contemporaries never learn because they believe they are the smartest people to walk the Earth and therefore have nothing to learn.
But seriously, Eternals? For fucks sake why? Even comic sports don’t give 2 shits about the Eternals.
They are--at best--dime store copies of New Gods that Kirby made after leaving DC and the only lasting impact they have made on Marvel was the introduction of the Celestials. Seriously, could anyone name a single Eternal? Thanos technically counts but Marvel (was it Starlin?) retroactively made he, Starfox, and Mentor into Eternals. As for other Eternals, I know Sersi was an Avenger at some point. Many of them had Greco-Roman sounding names like Ikaris, Makkari, and Zuras, but none of them really appeared outside the Eternals title.

RodgerDodger

kiwifarms.net
Of course not. Bob and his contemporaries never learn because they believe they are the smartest people to walk the Earth and therefore have nothing to learn.

They are--at best--dime store copies of New Gods that Kirby made after leaving DC and the only lasting impact they have made on Marvel was the introduction of the Celestials. Seriously, could anyone name a single Eternal? Thanos technically counts but Marvel (was it Starlin?) retroactively made he, Starfox, and Mentor into Eternals. As for other Eternals, I know Sersi was an Avenger at some point. Many of them had Greco-Roman sounding names like Ikaris, Makkari, and Zuras, but none of them really appeared outside the Eternals title.
Like I said I am extremely well read in Marvel and Marvel lore. The only ones I could name are Sersi and Eros/Starfox. There's also the big blonde marty sue leader in the truly ugly red and blue outfit who's name completely escapes me.

Sissy Galvez

kiwifarms.net
Mm. Well, tough shit for them. Cernovich may be a lolcow in a class of his own, but he was making a point about this game of 'dig through your past till we find something objectionable'. And judging from the sperging over Tucker Carlson it's clear the left hasn't learned the lesson yet.

That's okay. It's a target-rich environment, after all.
We’re seeing the same thing with the media matters President Angelo Carusone. Tucker Carlson has him saying misogynistic, transphobic, anti-Semitic statements. There’s zero outrage anywhere in the liberal media.

He apologized saying it was “parody” and it’s being quietly swept under the rug. Again, this is why everyone hates the media and thinks it’s biased fake garbage.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino