Careercow Bob "MovieBob" Chipman - Obese Fascist Eugenics-Loving Elitist Pop Culture Critic with a Mario & MCU Fetish Leading us to a Superior Future!

How will MovieBob react to Captain Marvel's Release?

• Boycott it until #JamesGunnRehired

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Burn his screener copy on camera to protest James Gunn's firing

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • See it once in theaters

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • See it twice in theaters because he wants to "appreciate Brie's acting".

Votes: 18 15.8%
  • See it multiple times in theaters then declare it that year's Oscar winner

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The above but also declare it a new era in cinema and the cure for his diabetes

Votes: 47 41.2%
  • Islamic Content (Elaborate in as much graphic detail as humanly possible)

Votes: 6 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mola Ram

Self Righteous Ego Bastard Asshole
kiwifarms.net
I think I will take a break from this thread. There is just so much MovieBob smugness I can take (:_(
Just remind yourself that his bitter joy over Gunn's rehiring is the happiest he's been in months. News from Hollywood over a hiring decision involving a film he has absolutely nothing to do with has touched him more deeply than, say, the love of a child, or the touch of a woman, or the satisfaction in seeing something he created being celebrated. Bob is a pathetic consumer, defining himself by the soulless corporate product that he enjoys.

King Kobra

Snek
kiwifarms.net
Just remind yourself that his bitter joy over Gunn's rehiring is the happiest he's been in months. News from Hollywood over a hiring decision involving a film he has absolutely nothing to do with has touched him more deeply than, say, the love of a child, or the touch of a woman, or the satisfaction in seeing something he created being celebrated. Bob is a pathetic consumer, defining himself by the soulless corporate product that he enjoys.
He have to hide the saltyness about Saint Anita liking real men like Capt Kirk instead of a good ally like him

https://twitter.com/KateVsTheWorld/status/1106960080627474433

Kyria the Great

kiwifarms.net
Though with Bob's MCU dicksucking, so far it looks like that Captain Marvel is the kind of movie that had everything in the media going for it and it was guaranteed to have a massive box office weekend, even without Rotten Tomatoes manipulation. Though so far it looks like for the 2nd weekend, the box office isn't so kind with already the Friday money being 69% less from previous Friday, when typically most films like it experience a 40-50% drop. Though this trend of front loaded box offices would be an interesting topic to discuss with a non-partisan hack.

The Shadow

Friendly Neighborhood Shitposter
kiwifarms.net
Though with Bob's MCU dicksucking, so far it looks like that Captain Marvel is the kind of movie that had everything in the media going for it and it was guaranteed to have a massive box office weekend, even without Rotten Tomatoes manipulation. Though so far it looks like for the 2nd weekend, the box office isn't so kind with already the Friday money being 69% less from previous Friday, when typically most films like it experience a 40-50% drop. Though this trend of front loaded box offices would be an interesting topic to discuss with a non-partisan hack.
Captain Marvel's gonna ride Marvel's continued goodwill with the normie crowd to a decent box office take. You need to lose a segment of the public beyond the small but loud mob of internet spergs to bury a Disney franchise.

If the public doesn't like Captain Marvel though, it may result in lower turnout for the next movie, but I doubt it will be on the disastrous level of Solo just yet.

Mola Ram

kiwifarms.net
Captain Marvel's gonna ride Marvel's continued goodwill with the normie crowd to a decent box office take. You need to lose a segment of the public beyond the small but loud mob of internet spergs to bury a Disney franchise.

If the public doesn't like Captain Marvel though, it may result in lower turnout for the next movie, but I doubt it will be on the disastrous level of Solo just yet.
I think a slow decline is the likeliest outcome for the MCU. Endgame is a logical endpoint for the series, and unless they come up with something really interesting to do with it (not beyond the realm of possibility), the following movies are likely to be dull, silly, repetitive, and all those things that usually lead to a franchise petering out.

Solo was unique in that its disastrous performance was a direct result of The Last Jedi not merely being a bad movie but actively spitting on the audience, not just in the marketing but in the film itself. Captain Marvel, by all accounts, is simply an average or slightly below average film, with a few sops to its agenda but not merrily destroying canon and characters and themes the way TLJ did. A big franchise can survive divisive marketing, but probably not the films themselves being intentionally antagonistic to their audience.

Sissy Galvez

kiwifarms.net
“Fuck the right! The left are good guys!”
View attachment 697094

Man, he’s as immature with Gunn getting rehired as when he was immature when Gunn got fired.
View attachment 697095
The thing that still bugs me about this is that Gunn said some pretty horrendous stuff and their only concern is that Thernovich exposed him. They call it fake outrage.

Is it fake outrage when they #metoo someone or try to cancel someone for not towing the line about Palestine, black lives matter, or rape culture etc?

When is it not fake outrage, when the left does it?

Jetpack Himmler

Grizzled Culture War Veteran
kiwifarms.net
Pretty hot take considering this has been transparently the case at least since the first Avengers movie. Marvel comics are basically dead at this point, and have been for a long while.
We shall see if his hypothesis about "mid-tier" characters that the core fans (supposedly) resent generating revenue pans out post-Endgame when Marvel takes Iron Man and Captain America from the toy box and replace them with Captain Marvel.
I think a slow decline is the likeliest outcome for the MCU. Endgame is a logical endpoint for the series, and unless they come up with something really interesting to do with it (not beyond the realm of possibility), the following movies are likely to be dull, silly, repetitive, and all those things that usually lead to a franchise petering out.
The project I'm looking at most closely is the Eternals because Kevin Feige seems to believe that this is going to be the next big thing (like Captain Marvel.) It gives me flashbacks of how the pinheads at Marvel Entertainment were certain that the Inhumans were going to eclipse the X-Men in terms of popularity. Seriously, Eternals sounds like something Perlmutter would push to sell more toys and merchandise.

Then there's Shang-Chi, which sounds like a higher-budget Iron Fist. Going to pass on that one.

Mola Ram

kiwifarms.net
The thing that still bugs me about this is that Gunn said some pretty horrendous stuff and their only concern is that Thernovich exposed him. They call it fake outrage.

Is it fake outrage when they #metoo someone or try to cancel someone for not towing the line about Palestine, black lives matter, or rape culture etc?

When is it not fake outrage, when the left does it?
Gunn is super sketchy. For a normal guy he sure does like to make kiddy-fucking jokes, and being buddies with a CP enthusiast doesn't make it better. At this point, I'm not especially outraged -- I'm beyond caring about what happens with the MCU, and I was never terribly invested in the first place. Guy got his job back, good for him. But if a bunch of Kevin Spaceyish or Bryan Singerish allegations surface (though with Gunn I expect something more along the lines of Roman Polanski; he seems to like girls and not boys), I won't be surprised. I will, however, laugh my ass off at Bob and what ever desperate spin he comes up with.

RockVolnutt

kiwifarms.net
Last edited:

RodgerDodger

kiwifarms.net
We shall see if his hypothesis about "mid-tier" characters that the core fans (supposedly) resent generating revenue pans out post-Endgame when Marvel takes Iron Man and Captain America from the toy box and replace them with Captain Marvel.

The project I'm looking at most closely is the Eternals because Kevin Feige seems to believe that this is going to be the next big thing (like Captain Marvel.) It gives me flashbacks of how the pinheads at Marvel Entertainment were certain that the Inhumans were going to eclipse the X-Men in terms of popularity. Seriously, Eternals sounds like something Perlmutter would push to sell more toys and merchandise.

Then there's Shang-Chi, which sounds like a higher-budget Iron Fist. Going to pass on that one.
Shia got-Chi has the most potential to be something different. Think a Classic Bruce Lee movie mixed with Big Trouble in Little China.

RockVolnutt

kiwifarms.net
How did Bob come to the conclusion of Hollywood being "nominally-liberal centrists" or that they'd be angry that they have to pay cheap nobodies to do a movie people are "demanding" as opposed to some guy they'd need bigger bucks for?

If people are demanding it then it will make some money no matter what and if they cast a nobody then they get to save more money. This doesn't help "products they've been historically bad at making/marketing" and if anything INCREASES the issue since they can get away with half-assing it as long as someone's jizzing about "diversity".

An Sionnach Seang

Russell Greer audiobook in profile
kiwifarms.net

Nutritious_Banana

Cornholed by Bigfoot
kiwifarms.net
I'm surprised by that - don't feminists normally go for spineless, weak-willed, easily controlled soyboy types?
having said that, he could still be her paypig; you know he'd be practically crying with gratitude just to be allowed to interact with her
Publicly, they pretend to go for that type. But at the end of the day they still like traditionally strong masculine types.
Look at Emma Watson; she did that whole "he for she" and "women don't like big muscles they like big hearts" thing while she was getting hollowed out by a pro soccer player.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino