Careercow Bob "MovieBob" Chipman - A Stupid and Obsolete 39 year old Obese Fascist Eugenics-Loving Elitist Pop Culture Consoomer/Critic/Basement Dweller with a Mario & MCU Fetish Leading us to a Superior Future!

How will Bob get the coronavirus?

• From his family

Votes: 16 7.4%
  • McDonald's chicken nuggets

Votes: 201 92.6%

• Total voters

Mola Ram

Self Righteous Ego Bastard Asshole
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Did anyone mention the escapist is doing a re-org and several columns were cut including Noah Berlatsky’s garbage? I know for a fact Blobb got him involved with escapist, hope he’s burning his remaining bridges.

I’ll be surprised if the escapist is around by the end of the year.
I'm sorry, I'm trying to wrap my head around the notion that someone is downsizing and not cutting loose Bob's bloated, festering corpse.

Ralph Barnhardt

I tried that once...it was alright I guess.
kiwifarms.net
Did anyone mention the escapist is doing a re-org and several columns were cut including Noah Berlatsky’s garbage? I know for a fact Blobb got him involved with escapist, hope he’s burning his remaining bridges.

The Escapist has layed off their Managing Editor and closed down a lot of its columns. Including fellow lolcow Noah Berlatsky.

The Escapist 2.0 is apparently not doing so hot financially. How long until MovieBob gets layed off for the second time?

Source: http://archive.li/TmUmI

Reactions: Sissy Galvez

Pol Pots Pooter

kiwifarms.net
And moon wheat. Don't forget the moon wheat.
lol, speaking of...

One thing I noticed out of Bob's little spergout was he was talking up automated hydroponics like it's the global panacea to food production, global climate change, and white supremacy all at once, linking this little video to a roboting hydroponics startup. Which is funny because both vertical farming and hydroponics are 100+ year old techs that were never adopted because they don't work. They actually require more resources in the long run, and economics of scale never kicks in because cost increases exponentially to yield. Automation simply adds another vector for resource cost without appreciably increasing yield. This has all been tried before.

Aeroponics and polycultural aquaponics are the future of industrial-scale farming, not fucking hydroponics.

If Bob knew what an externality was, and had done five minutes' research on the subject, he'd likely understand this.

Flexo

Can i get "kill all humans" on random.txt?
kiwifarms.net

Back on pg2063 I posted his retweet of Anthony Angello.

EDIT: Dunno why this link didn't post the first time.

lol, speaking of...

One thing I noticed out of Bob's little spergout was he was talking up automated hydroponics like it's the global panacea to food production, global climate change, and white supremacy all at once, linking this little video to a roboting hydroponics startup. Which is funny because both vertical farming and hydroponics are 100+ year old techs that were never adopted because they don't work. They actually require more resources in the long run, and economics of scale never kicks in because cost increases exponentially to yield. Automation simply adds another vector for resource cost without appreciably increasing yield. This has all been tried before.

Aeroponics and polycultural aquaponics are the future of industrial-scale farming, not fucking hydroponics.

If Bob knew what an externality was, and had done five minutes' research on the subject, he'd likely understand this.
At last! Somebody else says it! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

An Sionnach Seang

Russell Greer audiobook in profile
kiwifarms.net
I'm astonished they haven't. Don't take this personally, but this entire job description practically screams for automation, with a handful of supervising humans.
this would also mean hiring skilled machine fitters (unless they wanted hours or days of downtime waiting for a fitter to come out whenever the automation breaks), who would want to be paid a damn sight more than the minimum wage, and would easily be able to get that kind of pay elsewhere, so I can't see it happening any time soon

• Agree
Reactions: Sir Wesley Tailpipe

Pol Pots Pooter

kiwifarms.net
At last! Somebody else says it! ;)
Yeah I could practically talk about this all day but I'm going going to mini-derail the thread again after my Amazon rant. Bare minimum, Bob would definitely think once about it if he had any idea how unbelievably hazardous hydroponic wastewater actually is. Not in the "this waste contains trace heavy metals that cause cancer and make sped flipper babies" sense, in the "this waste is high octane microorganism fuel, and mishandling it leads to population blooms of harmful buggies that straight-up murder humans, wildlife, and livestock". Handling and disposal of hydroponic waste has its own entire set of EPA regulations under the CWA. Pretty sure it's actually considered more hazardous than livestock fecal runoff.

Nutrient solution can be recycled, but it's a painstaking and cost-ineffective process that increases number of touches and potential points of failure.