Careercow Bob "MovieBob" Chipman - Obese Fascist Eugenics-Loving Elitist Pop Culture Critic with a Mario & MCU Fetish Leading us to a Superior Future!

How will MovieBob react to Captain Marvel's Release?

• Boycott it until #JamesGunnRehired

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Burn his screener copy on camera to protest James Gunn's firing

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • See it once in theaters

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • See it twice in theaters because he wants to "appreciate Brie's acting".

Votes: 18 15.8%
  • See it multiple times in theaters then declare it that year's Oscar winner

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The above but also declare it a new era in cinema and the cure for his diabetes

Votes: 47 41.2%
  • Islamic Content (Elaborate in as much graphic detail as humanly possible)

Votes: 6 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
It's not accurate to call Bob a Morlock. The Morlocks knew how to make things work and performed all of the necessary labor. Bob has no idea how anything works, from economics to politics to personal relationships, and instead of labor he's just shitting out his opinions for the world to laugh at. They're not even important opinions, he spends all of his "working" time absorbing and obsessing about completely disposable and superficial pop ephemera!
Bob is an entertainer....and he makes a modest income doing so

nothing wrong with that

LordofCringe7206

kiwifarms.net
One never knows how even a modest amount of fame will affect one's character. I mean, Bob barely qualifies as Z-list and he's an insufferable asshole.
We've seen how even the smallest, pettiest of shit inflates his already massive ego. Just look at how smug he has become over things like getting rehired at The Escapist or Gunn getting rehired by Disney.

Nothing really seems to take the wind out of Bob's sails when it comes to his personality. Things only fuel it to make it even worse than it already is.

Pokemonquistador2

Electric Boogaloo
kiwifarms.net
We'll all be pro-genocide soon!
View attachment 965095
Oh God. I don't think I've laughed as hard as this in a long time. "Long hard road of difficult decisions." As if Bob would be standing there with a rifle on the Day of the Rope judging how many approaching goobergrapers he could headshot before he had to reload. His fellow urbanite Democrats would be a far greater threat to him (because of population density and interrupted supply lines causing most of the local food to run out,) than any of the Red State Mayonnaise Ghoul working classers that he so fears.

Jetpack Himmler

Grizzled Culture War Veteran
kiwifarms.net
In a similar manner to the way he makes of fun other's lack of intelligence despite being an exceptional individual, Bob likes to make fun of other's appearances despite looking like an even fatter version of Mundane Matt.
1570653654322.png
Bob's in no position to mock others for their appearance when he looks like the guy who lingers near playgrounds in a windowless van.

Someone in a Tree

It's the ripple, not the sea that is happening
kiwifarms.net
Have we really gotten almost 2200 pages deep without anyone ever calling him "MorlockBob"?

EDIT: Feh, we were calling him a Morlock in 2017. Well, it's still true.
Given how he likes to sometimes dismissively call his critics “sport,” I’m deeply disappointed that the nickname The Great Fatsby never took hold.

Lensherr

kiwifarms.net
So I just saw Joker last night. I'm still processing it, because it was fucking harrowing, but it definitely made an impression on me.

Looking at Bob's reaction to the movie, I'm astounded as to how he can shit all over it while giving a pass to mediocre pap like Captain Marvel. Say what you want about Joker, and I'm sure that there are legitimate criticisms to be made of it, but one thing that it's definitely not IMO is forgettable, which describes Captain Marvel to a T and is quite possibly the worst thing that a movie can be (case in point, The Room is an awful movie but is still memorable).

Positron

Subconsciously Suberogatory
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How much of a spinless bitch Ollie is to allow this fucker to call the literal basis of his ideology "obsolete"?
> Tranny chaser
> Spine
Pick one.

And how is petite bourgeoisie a "defunct caste"? Anyone who owns the means of production, is not hired by an employer, and is not hiring anyone (or hiring only a small number of people) is a petit bourgeoise. This applies to almost all famous names on youtube. Bobby may call his capeshit reviews "esoteric digital work", but his relationship with the economic system follows the same pattern as a poet 200 years ago.

(Incidentally this is exactly why Bobby isn't working class under Marxist definitions: he owns the computer with which he makes his videos)

Philosophy Tube has some great quotes here that deserve to be in his own thread, if he has one. "I'm ALWAYS performing!" "Engels was a class traitor and legendary chad."
Engels was a legendary chad, and so was Marx. Marx was actually the bigger chad considering he had no money or status.

Last edited:

Godzilla@1989

DESTROY US ALL!
kiwifarms.net
So I just saw Joker last night. I'm still processing it, because it was fucking harrowing, but it definitely made an impression on me.

Looking at Bob's reaction to the movie, I'm astounded as to how he can shit all over it while giving a pass to mediocre pap like Captain Marvel. Say what you want about Joker, and I'm sure that there are legitimate criticisms to be made of it, but one thing that it's definitely not IMO is forgettable, which describes Captain Marvel to a T and is quite possibly the worst thing that a movie can be (case in point, The Room is an awful movie but is still memorable).
I saw it too and I thought it was a risky film to do on the Joker (which Joaquin Phoenix should win the Oscar by the way) that it paid off well. I think this movie is pissing off Bob and his ilk because it challenges them on society.

LiquidKid

If Lions Like It, You Know It’s Bad.
kiwifarms.net
I saw it too and I thought it was a risky film to do on the Joker (which Joaquin Phoenix should win the Oscar by the way) that it paid off well. I think this movie is pissing off Bob and his ilk because it challenges them on society.
Critics and the media in general want to believe that they can actually control what people like. This is the first major instance where they couldn’t after the success of captain marvel made it seem like they could

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino